Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Wyo completes spring drills with Brown and Gold game

13 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

So was the offense running a vanilla package or is the D that good?  If the D is that good then why would the offense have to run a vanilla package?  The offense was clicking in Casper, why couldn't the D stop the offense then?  The defense was terrible last year and won't get miracously better overnight.  I expect improvement, but they will still be a libalitity in my opinion.   

Oregon is not going to be the same team with Taggart as coach, I don't know why so many Wyoming fans are thinking this is a W.  There is still a huge amount of talent on that team.  Wyoming does not even come close to having the players required to go undefeated in MW play, let alone OOC.  

Most times the defense is ahead of the offense in the spring. And if they're not, that usually spells trouble.

Even the mention of going undefeated is completely ridiculous. Wyoming had one of the worst defenses in the conference last year and lost three of the best players from that defense. Defense is what it takes to make runs like that and they are way far away from being there.

They were also one of the worst road teams in the league last year and lose their most steady offensive players, and the one they do get back had TO issues. 

They are going to be much closer to .500 than they will undefeated. 7-5 looks about right. 

47 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

If Wyoming's defense improved as much as our offense did last season, we might not lose a game all year.

Well the defense shut the offense down in spring game, so did defense improve or offense take a step back?

Guest Cowboy Junky
2 minutes ago, badfish said:

Well the defense shut the offense down in spring game, so did defense improve or offense take a step back?

Both, but I'm not concerned about the offense when a couple of starters on the oline and Austin Conway aren't playing.

5 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Both, but I'm not concerned about the offense when a couple of starters on the oline and Austin Conway aren't playing.

You like the way your D matches up with oregons athletes, or do you expect a shoot out?

Guest Cowboy Junky
34 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

So was the offense running a vanilla package or is the D that good?  If the D is that good then why would the offense have to run a vanilla package?  The offense was clicking in Casper, why couldn't the D stop the offense then?  The defense was terrible last year and won't get miracously better overnight.  I expect improvement, but they will still be a libalitity in my opinion.   

Oregon is not going to be the same team with Taggart as coach, I don't know why so many Wyoming fans are thinking this is a W.  There is still a huge amount of talent on that team.  Wyoming does not even come close to having the players required to go undefeated in MW play, let alone OOC.  

Yeah, I'm not all that concerned. Last season we came out of spring ball with a great offensive performance and people picked us to finish last in the MWC. Our own fan base couldn't think of a way we could finish higher than 4-5 wins all year.....

I wanted to see defensive improvement and we saw lots of that.

I'm not worried about an offense that will have one of the best qb's in college football and probably the best oline in the MWC.

Guest Cowboy Junky
6 minutes ago, badfish said:

You like the way your D matches up with oregons athletes, or do you expect a shoot out?

It's six months until the game, the depth chart hasn't been released yet, and spring ball just ended.

A little too early for me to get into predicting the Oregon game. I think I would rather wait until I see a depth chart(although I have a pretty good idea how it will go), and see if we can avoid injuries before I start talking about match-ups for Oregon.

I was just happy that the guys I thought would excel in spring ball, did excel. We have real d tackles. Alijah Halliburton worked his way into the rotation, and Milo Hall gives us something we haven't had in a while: quick, shifty moves to go with inside power.

We do have the best recruiting class we've had in years showing up this summer, so I feel good. 

1 hour ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Couldn't that be a sign to a lack of depth offensively? Injuries should be expected in any given season and if we're relying on a handful of guys we could be in for some trouble. 

I have faith that this coaching staff can clean up some areas of concern, but we definitely have to focus on maintaining a well-balanced offense or we might be looking at another 2015 season. Not too concerned with our ability to run (given the improved o-line and very capable rushers), but 10 for 26 isn't very good. Sounds like a lot of the receivers were dropping catchable balls as well.

A lot of work to do offensively in order to defend the division title. Especially considering the key road games we have coming up in 2017.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

17 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

What is this "we" shit Stunner? You're a magic boxer wearing cultist.

Yeah...definitely not Stunner. In fact, I'm probably part of the reason he's been on a Wyoming hate-binge as of late because I threw the BYwho honor code in his face and he couldn't respond with an intelligent counterargument. That and I'm not even in the same country as Stunner, but think what you want lol.

@#1Stunner - of all the people in the world, why would anyone think that I'm you?? 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Cowboy Junky
17 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Yeah...definitely not Stunner. In fact, I'm probably part of the reason he's been on a Wyoming hate-binge as of late because I threw the BYwho honor code in his face and he couldn't respond with an intelligent counterargument. That and I'm not even in the same country as Stunner, but think what you want lol.

@#1Stunner - of all the people in the world, why would anyone think that I'm you?? 

I don't know, because Stunner has about 86 sock puppets, he loves nothing more than f'ing with Wyoming fans, and Laradise Cowboy registered on the MWCboard and Wyonation in the middle of November 2016, when it was pretty obvious there was a great chance Wyoming was going to play BYU in a bowl game.

Image result for cowboy sock puppet

4 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I don't know, because Stunner has about 86 sock puppets, he loves nothing more than f'ing with Wyoming fans, and Laradise Cowboy registered on the MWCboard and Wyonation in the middle of November 2016, when it was pretty obvious there was a great chance Wyoming was going to play BYU in a bowl game.

You're delusional and paranoid CJ. Quit being so freakin' defensive dude...seriously.

Guest Cowboy Junky
8 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

You're delusional and paranoid CJ. Quit being so freakin' defensive dude...seriously.

Nice message board use of the word delusional. You get bonus points if you can throw in a "triggered" and a "he mad".

You BYU douchebags are pathetic. You left already. Go ahead and leave already.

Did team piss or team shit win?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

9 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Nice message board use of the word delusional. You get bonus points if you can throw in a triggered and a "he mad".

Like this?

IMG_1065.GIF.09905d6370e57f1fa501cd3999fbba9b.GIF

I mean, because you are pretty triggered. Stunner really did a number on you didn't he? 

30 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Did piss or shit win?

Shhhh!  You're interrupting the Junky/Laradise mating ritual.  Just be quiet and observe.

46 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Nice message board use of the word delusional. You get bonus points if you can throw in a "triggered" and a "he mad".

What would I know that a BYU fan wouldn't know? Hmmm...how about the pep rally prior the New Mexico Bowl was at the Dirty Bourbon in Albuquerque, NM? The entire saloon was packed with Cowboy fans and the staff mentioned that it was the best party they had ever hosted. BINGO!! No BYU fan would have been caught dead there. Anything else?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Tim Foil hat ^^^

I don't know what fantasy you are living.  You are probably still upset that BYU humiliated Wyoming in the Poinsettia.

Ask @mugtang to check the IP address.

22 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Tim Foil hat ^^^

I don't know what fantasy you are living.  You're are probably still upset that BYU humiliated Wyoming.

Ask @mugtang to check the IP address.

You would have to be one sick SOB to post as much as I have in the last 6 months as a Wyoming sock puppet. Not to mention all the threads and Cowboy news you would have to follow to stay informed. Somebody thinks you're a real creep! 

PS - 24-27 is a humiliation? You got lucky.  Be thankful.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, LaradiseCowboy said:

As of right now it seems that we will have a running back by committee. According to what I've seen so far though, Milo Hall may have distinguished himself as the no. 1 runner. Austin Conway, CJ Johnson, and James Price look to be the potential leading receivers.

Milo Hall highlights:

I didn't see any RB distinguish themselves in the spring other than the Walk on from the Gold team.   Milo Hall will NOT be a number 1 guy, if he is this offense is in trouble.  He is good enough to be in the mix for some carries during a game but hardly a number 1 guy.  Hes not a big guy, and if he had Devin Moore type speed, he might be a number 1 type back.   The spring game was boring, uneventful and pretty vanilla in my opinion.  Allen didn't play well, he still threw the ball too hard at times, and he had receivers afraid to try and make a catch in traffic.   The Defense looked good, but I would say the Offense flat out stunk!!   Im hoping one of the incoming freshman RBs can make an impact because with no running game, Allen and the offense will struggle. Hoping the Defense really is improved, because I don't see UW putting up the offensive numbers of last season.  But all in all its spring football, and the coaches got out of it what they wanted.  GO POKES

On 4/23/2017 at 1:06 PM, Wyobraska said:

He actually kind of struggled from what I heard and read.  10 of 26 for 127.  He still has a lot learn and  a long way to go.  

Offense was pretty much all vanilla.  Allen wasn't allowed to scramble and create, which is what makes him so dangerous.  Younger receivers dropped some they shouldn't have.  Me thinks the defense looked as good as it did because of the vanilla playcalling on the O.  I do think the D was bigger and faster.  I was impressed with the D line, particularly the NT play.

This is why I hate spring games.  So much is scrpted.  The reigns are pulled back on the QBs.

It gives one looks at some of the new kids, along with the growth in some of last year's underclassmen.

I really like what Bohl is doing with the program.  Skill, speed, talent and size are improving.  I think the improvement in depth is apparent and will help us this fall.

But when you're playing against yourselves, how the hell do ya know?

The World Needs More Cowboys!