Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Have any prominent leaders of the Democratic party condemned Antifa and BAMN

27 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

You would have to explain, to me at least, what they are. 

The masked people who use violence to oppose conservative speakers on campuses and conservative rallies.  They are extreme left wing movements who justify violence against Trump supporters and conservatives.  If you do not know what they are you have not been watching the news the last 100+ days.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The masked people who use violence to oppose conservative speakers on campuses and conservative rallies.  They are extreme left wing movements who justify violence against Trump supporters and conservatives.  If you do not know what they are you have not been watching the news the last 100+ days.

Pretty much two incidents at Berkeley as far as I've read. Hardly a nationwide phenomenon. And in the most recent incident the fascists were in the majority and won the street fight. But you're right I don't watch much news. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

12 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Pretty much two incidents at Berkeley as far as I've read. Hardly a nationwide phenomenon. And in the most recent incident the fascists were in the majority and won the street fight. But you're right I don't watch much news. 

The fascists?  Lol.  And yea, it is far from just two incidents at Berkeley.  Antifa has chapters in every major city in the US and are all over Europe acting violently as well all under the same ideology?  Fascists?  LMAO!

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The fascists?  Lol.  And yea, it is far from just two incidents at Berkeley.  Antifa has chapters in every major city in the US and are all over Europe acting violently as well all under the same ideology?  Fascists?  LMAO!

Really?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just as many "Antifa" as there is "Fascists"

Difference is social media and media in general. The left dominates these fields.

Not antifa, but this is the same type of rhetoric antifa uses...Flyers at our fellow MWC school UNM...

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

9 hours ago, happycamper said:

Really?

Really.  One prominent democratic leader saying beating the shit out of conservatives is wrong would be welcome.  They are committing violent acts to stop.  Beating the shit out of people wanting to listen to speakers in Europe and the US.  Antifa and BAMN need to be denounced by democratic leaders before they become normalized.

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

28 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Where exactly are conservatives being beaten?

Google is your friend.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Google is your friend.

People like him are the problem.  Call everybody who disagrees with you politically a fascist and it becomes much easier to ignore wrongdoing that aligns with you.  

Look at the people in this thread so far, trying to make light of such violent insanity. 

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

People like him are the problem.  Call everybody who disagrees with you politically a fascist and it becomes much easier to ignore wrongdoing that aligns with you.  

Look at the people in this thread so far, trying to make light of such violent insanity. 

Yup.

I'd like to see an experiment where someone films themselves walking through a populated area in a politically toss-up state with a Donald Trump shirt and then again with a Hillary Clinton shirt.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a grasp on the state of the country would guess what the difference would be.

This is the new norm for the left.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Really.  One prominent democratic leader saying beating the shit out of conservatives is wrong would be welcome.  They are committing violent acts to stop.  Beating the shit out of people wanting to listen to speakers in Europe and the US.  Antifa and BAMN need to be denounced by democratic leaders before they become normalized.

So because the left has some violent protesters fascists aren't a problem?

Your bias seems to be showing

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 4/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

You would have to explain, to me at least, what they are. 

Please forgive @Old_SD_Dude. He hasn't seen any of this because his vision is impacted by the low-hanging pussy hat, bandana and ski mask he is always wearing.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:15 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well Bernie Sanders at least wants to let Ann Coulter speak at Cal-Berkeley without "fear of violence and intimidation":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/04/23/bernie-sanders-defends-ann-coulters-right-to-speak/

Of course, Bernie is technically NOT a Democrat and some Dims don't like what is doing to their party:

http://theweek.com/articles/693580/bernie-sanders-helping-hurting-democratic-party

47 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So because the left has some violent protesters fascists aren't a problem?

Your bias seems to be showing

First, the term fascism and what the fascist minimum is is highly debated among political scientists and historians, the vast majority of whom would agree the vast majority of people at these conservative rallies and wanting to listen to a Ben Shapiro in no way fall under the label of fascist.  Frankly it is idiotic to throw that word around so casually.  When those far more versed and educated on the subject than you or I or anybody on this board can't agree on the definition of fascism it seems folly to use it so willy nilly on here.  By using the term fascist interchangeably with Trump supporter you are, whether you realize it or not, contributing to the normalization of violence in US politics 

A group using violence to suppress differing opinions and attacking a march for free speech though would make many a fascist smile.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

First, the term fascism and what the fascist minimum is is highly debated among political scientists and historians, the vast majority of whom would agree the vast majority of people at these conservative rallies and wanting to listen a Ben Shapiro in no way fall under the label of fascist.  Frankly it is idiotic to throw that word around so casually.  When those far more versed and educated on the subject than you or I or anybody on this board can't agree on the definition of fascism it seems idiotic to use it so willy nilly on here.  By using the term fascist interchangeably with Trump supporter you are, whether you realize it or not, contributing to the normalization of violence in US politics 

A group using violence to suppress differing opinions and attacking a march for free speech though would make many a fascist smile.

Where did I "[use] the term fascist interchangeably with Trump supporter"?

We've had fascist and let's call it proto-stalinist violence since Trump's election. It seems strange to say "it's the left's fault!" when it seems to be a rising tide of political conflict. 

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Where did I "[use] the term fascist interchangeably with Trump supporter"?

We've had fascist and let's call it proto-stalinist violence since Trump's election. It seems strange to say "it's the left's fault!" when it seems to be a rising tide of political conflict. 

The left has had march after march and rally after rally.  Where are the conservatives going in mass to attempt to silence them through violence and intimidation?  The vast majority of blame lies directly at the feet of the radical left.