Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Government Shutdown?

18 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is the facts and like all Democratic party morons you won't face them.

First as always you have a loose interpretation of the facts.   

1) the vote was opposed by both sides. 

2) Obama voted to end debate as did most democrats

YEAs ---46
Akaka (D-HI)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Conrad (D-ND)
Craig (R-ID)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Schumer (D-NY)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

The vast majority of Neas preventing the bill getting to Bush were Republican..
NAYs ---53
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Grassley (R-IA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Landrieu (D-LA)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Webb (D-VA)

Just now, sactowndog said:

First as always you have a loose interpretation of the facts.   

1) the vote was opposed by both sides. 

2) Obama voted to end debate as did most democrats

YEAs ---46
Akaka (D-HI)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Conrad (D-ND)
Craig (R-ID)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Schumer (D-NY)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

The vast majority of Neas preventing the vote getting to Bush were Republican..
NAYs ---53
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Grassley (R-IA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Landrieu (D-LA)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Webb (D-VA)

The issue was decided prior to the vote moron.

This is obviously way to difficult for you to understand.  The amendments Obama voted for along with the hard line anti immigration republicans sank the bill.

Kennedy was pissed at Obama who went back on his immigration promise for the first of innumerable times.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

The issue was decided prior to the vote moron.

This is obviously way to difficult for you to understand.  The amendments Obama voted for along with the hard line anti immigration republicans sank the bill.

Kennedy was pissed at Obama who went back on his immigration promise for the first of innumerable times.

The amendments failed you dumbass.  Try reading your own links.

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The amendments failed you dumbass.  Try reading your own links.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/13/AR2007061301966.html

The Dorgan amendment is a classic poison pill: designed to kill, not improve, the bill. Its passage makes resurrection of immigration reform all the more difficult. Decisive votes by DeMint and Obama were not appreciated by the bipartisan group that had crafted the bargain intended to secure America's borders while permitting an orderly flow of temporary workers.

There won't be a shutdown.  At least not on April 29.  80% chance that we stay under a CR for the entire FY-- the real fight has already begun for FY18 (Trump's "skinny budget" request is for FY18).  I'm not sure how you can have control of the Presidency, the House and the Senate and blame a shutdown on the opposing party but both sides will point fingers at each other if it comes to that.

My prediction is that the next CR will only be for a few weeks but they will eventually realize that they can't come to consensus and kick the can down the road until the end of the FY.  If we are going to have a shutdown, the most likely time IMO is October 1.  Trump is very unpredictable but Congress passes the budget so I can't see him actually vetoing a budget from his own Congress (though he may threaten to).

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

There won't be a shutdown.  At least not on April 29.  80% chance that we stay under a CR for the entire FY-- the real fight has already begun for FY18 (Trump's "skinny budget" request is for FY18).  I'm not sure how you can have control of the Presidency, the House and the Senate and blame a shutdown on the opposing party but both sides will point fingers at each other if it comes to that.

My prediction is that the next CR will only be for a few weeks but they will eventually realize that they can't come to consensus and kick the can down the road until the end of the FY.  If we are going to have a shutdown, the most likely time IMO is October 1.  Trump is very unpredictable but Congress passes the budget so I can't see him actually vetoing a budget from his own Congress (though he may threaten to).

Trump will sign whatever congress sends him and he will like it.    He will then declare victory because that is his only choice.

Anyone who thinks Trump or Rush Limbaugh have political power is an ignorant fool.   Neither has any power because neither control any money.  Jeb Bush is more powerful with a congressman then Trump.  Jeb can talk to 20 of the Bush people in the rolodex and hand a congressman's opponent in the primary $25 million dollars.

McConnell and Ryan have hundreds of Millions of dollars under their control and if they decide to get rid of you, you're gone.   Trump and McConnell can also take your chairmanship away or move you to the shithole committee.  Alternately they can move you to Ways and Means where you will get millions in contributions funneled your way because you're in an important committee.

Trump's tweets are a joke in comparison.  Trump has no political power like a traditional politician would.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, he has no influence.

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Rush is smart, I doubt he believes half the shit he says.  Only people I know who listen to Rush are out of touch hill folk who want to give an air of being informed when they talk to their friends.  Rush caters to that crowd to get ratings.  

Rush is as much a political expert as Bill Nye is a scientist.  Smart enough to dupe the common man into thinking they are something they are not.

Bill Nye is a scientist. He may not be an expert in every scientific concept under the sun, but nobody is. The problem is that the media thinks that "scientist" is a job title that means "KNOWS ALL OF THE WORLD MAGIC" and not "guy who uses testable hypothesis to work". 

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer

true

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

, he has no influence.

false

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, mysfit said:

If the gov does shut down it won't be because of Dems. It will be Ryan's inability to reconcile the moderates in his party with the Freedom Caucus.

Which he didn't  manage in the ACA repeal. He either needs all of the GOP, or he needs to piss off trump and the FC by working with Dems. The only way dems in the house will get on board us NO WALL in the bill and continued credits for healthcare for low income.

Several articles out today about the record high number of people who want the gov to do more. They don't  want a wall,  they want jobs and affordable health care and research and National parks. They don't like a lot of what Trump is doing. Ryan doesn’t  have the stones to stand  to Trump or the FC which means he won't  work with Dems.

Should be some interesting mid term elections.

Rationlization taking any and all blame away from the Dems?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

12 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Trump's tweets are a joke in comparison.  Trump has no political power like a traditional politician would.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, he has no influence.

Rush Limbaugh has the same influence as Trumps tweets.   No one cares who matters.

Rush can't help any congressman and he can't hurt them.   Rush could spend a week talking bad about a guy but even that would hurt his show and he only cares about ratings.   Plus if Rush was talking bad about you many republicans would consider that a positive, depending on the district or state a pogrom against you by Rush might help you get elected.

McConnell and Ryan on the other hand determine a congressman's fate.  They can remove you from congress if they want.  

Rush is a joke.  No one who listens to Rush is going to vote democrat no matter what he does.  Rush has no power.

20 hours ago, sactowndog said:

And if the pass a CR with no wall money and no flexibility to defund sanctuary cities and Trump vetos it who is the terrorist then?

He probably looks like a hero to the people who voted for him if he does that because then he can once again blame Washington and they'll eat it up. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

The Democrats refuse to recognize the democratic process. Thousands of families face utter ruin if the Government closes. WE ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY TERRORISTS!!!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

After McConnell refused to hold a hearing on  Garland, any talk about the so called democratic process was demonstrated to be a load of horse shit and fairy dust.

There is no democratic process. It's completely +++++ed up and broken. All of it.

One of the Final Five..........

6 minutes ago, mysfit said:

After McConnell refused to hold a hearing on  Garland, any talk about the so called democratic process was demonstrated to be a load of horse shit and fairy dust.

There is no democratic process. It's completely +++++ed up and broken. All of it.

McConnell was given the power to do what he did because of the democratic process, silly. The Democrats are acting like terrorists. They would rather illegal immigrants have any easier time crossing the border than government employees going to work and receiving their paycheck. WE CANNOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS!!!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/house-passes-stopgap-bill-to-avoid-government-shutdown-237748

Welk we've got the terrorists to back down from committing economic violence for one more week.