Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Government Shutdown?

11 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The Democrats lost an election and are acting like terrorists. Simple as that.

And if the pass a CR with no wall money and no flexibility to defund sanctuary cities and Trump vetos it who is the terrorist then?

40 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are so out of touch with reality it is hilarious.'

Democrats have never done anything but stop immigration reform.  The Unions are a Democrats key constituency who gives them massive amounts of money and they won't let them do immigration reform.   Trump and Rush Limbaugh have no say in Senate rules, they basically have no say in anything.  Trump is an idiot, the process of legislation and the government agenda is being ran by real politicians in congress.  Rush limbaugh has been spouting opinions for 30 years and no one has listened to him once.

Btw. I agree on democrats and unions but Republicans have been equally hypocritical between businesses who want the cheap labor and their anti immigration base

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well since I'm just relaying what I read from the experts you will have to bring it up with them.   Of course you can explain to them you're an expert on everything.   

Rush is smart, I doubt he believes half the shit he says.  Only people I know who listen to Rush are out of touch hill folk who want to give an air of being informed when they talk to their friends.  Rush caters to that crowd to get ratings.  

Rush is as much a political expert as Bill Nye is a scientist.  Smart enough to dupe the common man into thinking they are something they are not.

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

And if the pass a CR with no wall money and no flexibility to defund sanctuary cities and Trump vetos it who is the terrorist then?

Obama.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Terrorist or freedom fighter/rebel. It's all a matter of perspective.

GOP holds all 3 branches of government. Don't blame the minority party when the party in power can't get it done.

Since I've given up on this country and its slide ti irrelevance, I do find some amusement in the small fingered vulgarians tantrums. He's  used to firing people when he can't  get his way. He can't fire Congress......

One of the Final Five..........

58 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well since I'm just relaying what I read from the experts you will have to bring it up with them.   Of course you can explain to them you're an expert on everything.   

You are calling Rush Limbaugh an expert?  HA! HA! HA! HA!~ HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

54 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Btw. I agree on democrats and unions but Republicans have been equally hypocritical between businesses who want the cheap labor and their anti immigration base

Republicans have tried to pass immigration reform twice.  They want reform they want legal labor.

Democrats have stopped them.   Again though the media brainwashing of morons like you just never ends.  Facts never matter.

41 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Terrorist or freedom fighter/rebel. It's all a matter of perspective.

GOP holds all 3 branches of government. Don't blame the minority party when the party in power can't get it done.

Since I've given up on this country and its slide ti irrelevance, I do find some amusement in the small fingered vulgarians tantrums. He's  used to firing people when he can't  get his way. He can't fire Congress......

Democrats had filibuster proof congress yet you blamed republicans.  You through tantrum after tantrum.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Rush is smart, I doubt he believes half the shit he says.  Only people I know who listen to Rush are out of touch hill folk who want to give an air of being informed when they talk to their friends.  Rush caters to that crowd to get ratings.  

Rush is as much a political expert as Bill Nye is a scientist.  Smart enough to dupe the common man into thinking they are something they are not.

It's not Rush I was quoting as saying it was 50-50

45 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Republicans have tried to pass immigration reform twice.  They want reform they want legal labor.

Democrats have stopped them.   Again though the media brainwashing of morons like you just never ends.  Facts never matter.

I don't recall any bill making it to the Senate.  Do you want to post a reference to it.  Be happy to review your link.

48 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are calling Rush Limbaugh an expert?  HA! HA! HA! HA!~ HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

No dumbass.   I listen to Rush to follow what the moron Republican wing will do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/21/experts-say-its-5050-the-government-will-shut-down-next-week/

Just now, sactowndog said:

He has nothing to do with the republican wing moron.  He is an entertainer trying to create ratings.

17 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You have a short memory.  This is the bill Obama destroyed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Immigration_Reform_Act_of_2007

How did Obama destroy this bill?  He was a junior Senator.  Seems to me the bill was stopped by hardliners on both sides.  

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/12430-46-53-immigration-bill-goes-down-in-defeat

14 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He has nothing to do with the republican wing moron.  He is an entertainer trying to create ratings.

No I said the moron Republican wing.  As in a subset that takes their directions from Rush.   Perhaps since you can't read and blame every problem solely on Democrats you are part of that wing.   

How did Obama destroy this bill?  He was a junior Senator.  Seems to me the bill was stopped by hardliners on both sides.  

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/12430-46-53-immigration-bill-goes-down-in-defeat

He went against kennedy's wishes and put a poisen pill in the bill voting with the hardest line republicans to sink it.   Are you like 12 or something everyone knows this.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/20/sabotaging-reform-obamas-record-on-immigration/

• In 2007, an immigration deal backed by both Republican President George W. Bush and Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy was making its way through the Senate. Publicly, then-Sen. Obama was all for it. Backstage, however, he supported labor-backed poison-pill amendments designed to sink it. In a story at the time on what was going on, Politico described it this way: “The biggest threats to an immigration bill spearheaded by Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy have come from within: Twice this week, senators from his own Democratic Party were poised to back amendments that could have killed the fragile compromise.”

No I said the moron Republican wing.  As in a subset that takes their directions from Rush.   Perhaps since you can't read and blame every problem solely on Democrats you are part of that wing.   

No one takes their directions from Rush.   He has no PAC giving out money, he has nothing, he is an entertainer idiot.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He went against kennedy's wishes and put a poisen pill in the bill voting with the hardest line republicans to sink it.   Are you like 12 or something everyone knows this.

• In 2007, an immigration deal backed by both Republican President George W. Bush and Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy was making its way through the Senate. Publicly, then-Sen. Obama was all for it. Backstage, however, he supported labor-backed poison-pill amendments designed to sink it. In a story at the time on what was going on, Politico described it this way: “The biggest threats to an immigration bill spearheaded by Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy have come from within: Twice this week, senators from his own Democratic Party were poised to back amendments that could have killed the fragile compromise.”

No one takes their directions from Rush.   He has no PAC giving out money, he has nothing, he is an entertainer idiot.

Boy that's a stretch.  In the first place the amendment failed.  

The comprehensive immigration reform bill that has dodged attacks from the left and right for weeks, survived “poison pill” amendments, and was once pulled from the Senate schedule failed its most important test Thursday.

in the second Senators from both parties opposed the bill.  Only you would pick one Junior Senator and accuse him of blocking the bill.  Even if he had voted for it the bill wouldn't have passed.   This argument is a stretch even for you Tools.

Boy that's a stretch.  In the first place the amendment failed.  

The comprehensive immigration reform bill that has dodged attacks from the left and right for weeks, survived “poison pill” amendments, and was once pulled from the Senate schedule failed its most important test Thursday.

in the second Senators from both parties opposed the bill.  Only you would pick one Junior Senator and accuse him of blocking the bill.  Even if he had voted for it the bill wouldn't have passed.   This argument is a stretch even for you Tools.

It is the facts and like all Democratic party morons you won't face them.

When it comes to immigration the democratic party is the problem.

Republicans have lots of problems but the democrats in this case own it no matter what idiots like you and the media say.  Republicans also tried immigration reform in 2004.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Im talking the base not the members of Congress