Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Government Shutdown?

Anyone on the odds of a government shutdown?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/04/21/11-quick-facts-about-a-potential-government-shutdown/amp/

From another article:

Rules in the 100-seat Senate mean Trump's party also would need the support of at least eight Democrats even if the Republicans remain unified, giving the opposition party leverage. House Republican leaders would need some Democratic votes if the most conservative lawmakers object to the bill, as they did to the healthcare plan championed by Speaker Paul Ryan.

Lol Cheyenne is the biggest federal welfare capital in the country guys

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Less than 10%

Most experts are saying 50/50.   The issue is Trump wants money for his wall and flexibility to defund sanctuary cities and intends to hold healthcare subsidies hostage to get it.   

Democrats are fine, shut the government down.   

So the options are:

1) Democrats blink (not likely)

2) Trump blinks and agrees to sign without his requests thereby getting nothing done in his first 100 days (not likely)

3) Republicans change Senate rules, hold solid and override filibuster.  (Possible)

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

CR until the fall is my guess.

Also, has nobody told Demorcrats? WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS!!!

Lol all I can think of is yodas sanctimonious venting during the last shut down claiming all republicans were terrorists.

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

Lol all I can think of is yodas sanctimonious venting during the last shut down claiming all republicans were terrorists.

I can't say for sure about him since he has seemingly disappeared to Dagobah for good, but I bet many who were saying the same will be applauding Democrats for standing up for their constituents. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Holy Smokes, 191 Pages! I can't vouch for the whole thing all the way through, but it was still on topic on page 190.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I can't say for sure about him since he has seemingly disappeared to Dagobah for good, but I bet many who were saying the same will be applauding Democrats for standing up for their constituents. 

I don't think Joe six pack (egged on by Rush) cares about Senate traditions.   For that matter, I don't think Trump does either.   Given the Democrats are playing to Latinos, I'm guessing they will choose this Hill to die on standing for sanctuary cities and against the wall.  

The pressure on McConnell to set aside the filibuster will be intense.   

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

I don't think Joe six pack (egged on by Rush) cares about Senate traditions.   For that matter, I don't think Trump does either.   Given the Democrats are playing to Latinos, I'm guessing they will choose this Hill to die on standing for sanctuary cities and against the wall.  

The pressure on McConnell to set aside the filibuster will be intense.   

You're delusional.  Filibuster is going nowhere.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

You're delusional.  Filibuster is going nowhere.

We shall see.   I'm not saying whether it should or not.  I'm just listening to Rush and Trump, and they are already positioning both parties as the "elite".   

I don't see the Democrats abandoning a key Latino constituency without comprehensive immigration reform.   I don't see Trump wanting to hit 100 days without a "win".   I agree with Lawful that Congress will pass a CR.   But it's 50/50 whether Trump will veto it.

24 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

We shall see.   I'm not saying whether it should or not.  I'm just listening to Rush and Trump, and they are already positioning both parties as the "elite".   

I don't see the Democrats abandoning a key Latino constituency without comprehensive immigration reform.   I don't see Trump wanting to hit 100 days without a "win".   I agree with Lawful that Congress will pass a CR.   But it's 50/50 whether Trump will veto it.

You are so out of touch with reality it is hilarious.'

Democrats have never done anything but stop immigration reform.  The Unions are a Democrats key constituency who gives them massive amounts of money and they won't let them do immigration reform.   Trump and Rush Limbaugh have no say in Senate rules, they basically have no say in anything.  Trump is an idiot, the process of legislation and the government agenda is being ran by real politicians in congress.  Rush limbaugh has been spouting opinions for 30 years and no one has listened to him once.

If the gov does shut down it won't be because of Dems. It will be Ryan's inability to reconcile the moderates in his party with the Freedom Caucus.

Which he didn't  manage in the ACA repeal. He either needs all of the GOP, or he needs to piss off trump and the FC by working with Dems. The only way dems in the house will get on board us NO WALL in the bill and continued credits for healthcare for low income.

Several articles out today about the record high number of people who want the gov to do more. They don't  want a wall,  they want jobs and affordable health care and research and National parks. They don't like a lot of what Trump is doing. Ryan doesn’t  have the stones to stand  to Trump or the FC which means he won't  work with Dems.

Should be some interesting mid term elections.

One of the Final Five..........

22 minutes ago, mysfit said:

If the gov does shut down it won't be because of Dems. It will be Ryan's inability to reconcile the moderates in his party with the Freedom Caucus.

Which he didn't  manage in the ACA repeal. He either needs all of the GOP, or he needs to piss off trump and the FC by working with Dems. The only way dems in the house will get on board us NO WALL in the bill and continued credits for healthcare for low income.

Several articles out today about the record high number of people who want the gov to do more. They don't  want a wall,  they want jobs and affordable health care and research and National parks. They don't like a lot of what Trump is doing. Ryan doesn’t  have the stones to stand  to Trump or the FC which means he won't  work with Dems.

The Democrats lost an election and are acting like terrorists. Simple as that.

20 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Ryan won't stand up to Trump.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

No one including Ryan cares about Trump moron.  Trump will sign whatever he gets and like it.

People who vote for Trump can't write, so you talking about some articles is just a joke.  They have nothing to do with the voters Trump attracts.

You are so far left wing anyway you should just move to your Venezuelan paradise.

34 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are so out of touch with reality it is hilarious.'

Democrats have never done anything but stop immigration reform.  The Unions are a Democrats key constituency who gives them massive amounts of money and they won't let them do immigration reform.   Trump and Rush Limbaugh have no say in Senate rules, they basically have no say in anything.  Trump is an idiot, the process of legislation and the government agenda is being ran by real politicians in congress.  Rush limbaugh has been spouting opinions for 30 years and no one has listened to him once.

Well since I'm just relaying what I read from the experts you will have to bring it up with them.   Of course you can explain to them you're an expert on everything.