Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

It's Official: Miami Bowl becomes the Frisco Bowl

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

The Bowl Lineup you have listed is inaccurate. The AAC only plays two P5 teams. Decent line up though.

that's actually inaccurate according to the AAC website. (I doubt the ACC can consistently fil St Pete though)

2017 Season

Birmingham Bowl
Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC

St. Petersburg Bowl
St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. ACC

Frisco Texas Bowl
Frisco, Tx. – vs. MAC

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West

Marmot Boca Raton Bowl
Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. Conference USA

AutoNation Cure Bowl
Orlando, Fla. – vs. Sun Belt

mem skyline sig.jpeg

How embarrassing!!  ESPN showing they're not making their ###'s.  This is not a Bowl Game worthy stadium nor Location.   20k seating...  In lovely suburbia & so non-historic & often freezing by December -- Frisco TX (DFW) ???  

How hillarious.... and that AAC bowl line up???   Wow, the AAC surely has the MWC over a barrell, again. :)   

All that either MWC or AAC need to do is WIN Consistently vs. P5's, and the Media Attention will swing either way.  It even swung toward the MAC last year!  

Go CSU, MWC & G5's in general !!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, RAMification said:

How embarrassing!!  ESPN showing they're not making their ###'s.  This is not a Bowl Game worthy stadium nor Location.   20k seating...  In lovely suburbia & so non-historic & often freezing by December -- Frisco TX (DFW) ???  

so what about the Camellia Bowl played in the 22,000 seat stadium in Montgomery AL?

Cramton-Bowl-All-Star-Game-1.jpg

I mean, I traveled to watch my Tigers play BYU in Miami and Auburn in Birmingham.....Memphis would not get match-ups like that in CUSA.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

so what about the Camellia Bowl played in the 22,000 seat stadium in Montgomery AL?

I mean, I traveled to watch my Tigers play BYU in Miami and Auburn in Birmingham.....Memphis would not get match-ups like that in CUSA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could anyone possibly forget "The Camillia Bowl" ???   At least its in the South where it rarely freezes (never in Dec.) & Mobile is a picturesque City worth visiting.   

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the opportunities to watch good Competition in any Bowl.  Appalacian St. is a great school & Program.

But when trying to show "dominance" of 1 G5 vs. another... do not pull out the "We've got better bowls" card.

Montgomery and Mobile are VERY different places...Mobile is kinda cool to visit (see the USS Alabama, eat some sea food)...Montgomery is a hell hole that happens to be the state capital.

back to my second post in this thread: I don't remember the AAC 'hangin its hat' on the Miami Beach Bowl...

The Miami Beach Bowl was never intended to 'show dominance' over anything...we have P5 bowls and access bowls for that.

The low level bowls are all interchangeable as far as I'm concerned....if we dropped this Frico Bowl and added the Camellia Bowl...it would all be the same to me.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

As a Tulsa fan, AAC's bowl structure has been horrible.  All of the AAC bowl games are primarily on the east side.   None have been in Texas and making it extremely difficult for ACC/West fans to follow their team .  The old CUSA/West had nice bowls close-by to drive to.  I would like to see the Bahamas Bowl killed off and moved to the west against MWC.  My guess is that AAC leadership thought those Florida Bowls would pull in ACC and SEC opponents....that, of course, didn't happen.  It would be nice to see a bowl game pitting MWC Champ against AAC Champ. 

It's ESPNs bowl, so they can put it where they like...that said, considering it's an AAC bowl, It would make more sense to put it at SMUs on campus stadium in a wealthy section of Dallas.

just my opinion.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

As a Tulsa fan, AAC's bowl structure has been horrible.  All of the AAC bowl games are primarily on the east side.   None have been in Texas and making it extremely difficult for ACC/West fans to follow their team .  The old CUSA/West had nice bowls close-by to drive to.  I would like to see the Bahamas Bowl killed off and moved to the west against MWC.  My guess is that AAC leadership thought those Florida Bowls would pull in ACC and SEC opponents....that, of course, didn't happen.  It would be nice to see a bowl game pitting MWC Champ against AAC Champ. 

the AAC got you guys the Independence Bowl vs Va Tech...and a trip to Miami Beach for your players...I wouldn't complain.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

This whole thread reads like revisionist history. Moreover, we need Western bowls for Houston, Tulsa, SMU, etc...I still don't see how it's a negative.

You want negative? P6 baby!!!

Pee6! Pee6! Pee6!

Brought to you by the same kinda folks who lobbied the L.A. City Council to rename South Central "South Los Angeles" to improve its image.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You want negative? P6 baby!!!

Pee6! Pee6! Pee6!

Brought to you by the same kinda folks who lobbied the L.A. City Council to rename South Central "South Los Angeles" to improve its image.

^ lol, reads like a wake n' bake post...whatever you say, bro.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

^ lol, reads like a wake n' bake post...whatever you say, bro.

Yep, the P6 cheer IS ridiculous, isn't it? But don't tell half the posters on the AAC board, you'll burst their bubble.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yep, the P6 cheer IS ridiculous, isn't it? But don't tell half the posters on the AAC board, you'll burst their bubble.

Just wait until they get $3 million to $4 million in their next TV contract, and watch them all go insane.

There is a poster over there that says he has "evidence" that NBC wants the AAC and that they will start a bidding war with ESPN. That "evidence" is one article from the NYT written back in 2011, where the the NYT speculates that NBC may want the re-alligned conference formerly known as the Big East. Then he ignores that NBC refused to beat ESPNs $2 million bid.

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Cramton-Bowl-All-Star-Game-1.jpg

Look, the AAC is making a good decision to do this. The Miami Beach Bowl is a joke, and is embarrassing, considering it was billed as a "show case" Bowl by Aresco. It is just that the Americans "P6" stuff makes this look stupid everyday, and these sorts of moves makes the American look even more pathetic. 

again, it was never billed as a "show case" bowl except maybe in year 1 when we had BYU secured.

the AAC created the Miami Beach Bowl for one reason:

2014 Season
BBVA Compass Bowl, Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC
Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. ACC
Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth, Texas – vs. Army/Big 12

that's not enough bowl games for the AAC...the only other bowl interested in the startup AAC was the inaugural Bahamas Bowl. Aresco didn't feel that added anything to our bowl schedule at the time so the AAC created the Miami Beach Bowl and secured BYU...that made for a strong first year bowl lineup.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 4/21/2017 at 6:39 PM, wolfpack1 said:

I thought it saw it was going to be the Frisco Bowl or something like that for the first year.

You're correct, it will be the Frisco Bowl. 

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-miami-beach-bowl-is-moving-to-texas-and-becoming-the-frisco-bowl/

On 4/21/2017 at 11:39 PM, UofMTigers said:

I had to look it up but alternating MAC and Sun Belt was already the arrangement so that didn't change. ESPN simply purchased it and moved it to Frisco Tx. I guess I don't get the problem...

You mean other than we have too many bowls and having a bowl in what is essentially a HS stadium reflects that?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 minutes ago, RSF said:

You mean other than we have too many bowls and having a bowl in what is essentially a HS stadium reflects that?

Show me how someone is harmed by more bowl games. Moreover, it's a MLS stadium that's home to FC Dallas.

If it were my bowl I would have put it in either Dallas (SMU stadium) or Tulsa (Tulsa's stadium)...but it's not mine...it's ESPNs and they can put it where they like.

as much 'horse trading' that goes on now between conferences...who knows if we'll ever play in it, or just trade it away?

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Show me how someone is harmed by more bowl games. Moreover, it's a MLS stadium that's home to FC Dallas.

If it were my bowl I would have put it in either Dallas (SMU stadium) or Tulsa (Tulsa's stadium)...but it's not mine...it's ESPNs and they can put it where they like.

as much 'horse trading' that goes on now between conferences...who knows if we'll ever play in it, or just trade it away?

It makes bowl games a joke when you reward mediocrity.  20 teams 6-6 or worse played in bowl games last year.  And that includes my alma mater.  It's ridiculous.

It may be home to FC Dallas (who cant draw flies despite being one of MLS' elite teams), but its still a HS football stadium.  A nice one, but that's still what it is.  I've been there multiple times.  ESPN chose it because it only seats 20K.  Might as well make a studio audience look better.  Beats Marlins Park, where the crowds look like, well, a Marlins game.

Ford Stadium isnt much better.  Just bigger.  But at least there will be fewer empty seats in Frisco.  So it has that going for it.  Which is nice, I suppose.

Skelly Stadium?  yes, let create 'rewards' for players by sending them to...Tulsa.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.