Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

USU's Rayshad Lewis (son of Ray Lewis) transferring

25 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Just to stay off topic: I believe beer is limited to 3.2% alcohol in Utah, which is a travesty, and probably limits the amount of breweries that open in the state.  Also, does Utah still require that you order food in order to get a drink? 

A lot of states have weird little rules. Colorado you can't get anything over a certain % at a convenience store. So you can't get good beer or even wine, and they cut sales off at midnight. 

I had to stay a night in Wyoming and couldn't find any booze in the convenience store. They said it wasn't allowed. I had to go to a bar where they put it in a bag for you to take home. I'm not sure if that was that county or a state thing, but that was weird. 

At this particular point in time...

On the meassage board of the conference their team left.

On a topic that really has nothing to do with byu...

Stunner and Bauer can take credit for approximately 1/3 of the posts on this topic.  

The only conclusion I can draw is that they must be very knowledgeable about the young man ,Rayshad, his family,and  they care deeply for him, or they are so knowledgeable about Logan (or is it Ogden), and everything about Utah State University that they feel it would be a travesty not to share their understanding with their MWCBoard friends, .

Otherwise, how can you explain why these 2 otherwise brilliant authors would trade their entire lives, their time, and talents for writing snarky comments about the MWC or Utah State on this message board?\

oh, and just for the record, I really don't think I recall either of them writing anything about byu for years...

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

It would be in a valley if there were mountains on both side. Logan is in a valley. 

The Owyhees are to the south. It most definitely sits in a valley. It's the reason why Boiseans know all too well what an inversion is. 

3 hours ago, ag4fr said:

At this particular point in time...

On the meassage board of the conference their team left.

On a topic that really has nothing to do with byu...

Stunner and Bauer can take credit for approximately 1/3 of the posts on this topic.  

The only conclusion I can draw is that they must be very knowledgeable about the young man ,Rayshad, his family,and  they care deeply for him, or they are so knowledgeable about Logan (or is it Ogden), and everything about Utah State University that they feel it would be a travesty not to share their understanding with their MWCBoard friends, .

Otherwise, how can you explain why these 2 otherwise brilliant authors would trade their entire lives, their time, and talents for writing snarky comments about the MWC or Utah State on this message board?\

oh, and just for the record, I really don't think I recall either of them writing anything about byu for years...

But remember, BYU is not our rival, and BYU fans never think about USU except when they play us. ;)

On 4/22/2017 at 2:41 PM, Jack Bauer said:

I love how this thread has been up for 24 hours, and no USU fans have posted on it yet.

This should tell you all you need to know about how much USU fans care about this loss. He has a big name but mediocre game. His offer list out of HS was not good and frankly it was embarrassing to see USU listed among them. He did okay as a freshman but was no game changer. He had been playing both WR and CB during Spring ball but rumor is that he really wanted to play defense. Who knows what led to his leaving, in the end it is really not that big of a loss, especially since WR may be the deepest position on the team with CB directly after that. Good luck to him at Maryland where he can be close to daddy.

The fact that a handful of byu fans continue to be top-level posters on this site that has nothing to do with byu or their athletic programs tells you everything you need to know about what these guys are and why they are here.

This site has really had no connection to byu sports for 7 years now.  And here they are.  Day after day after day. Trolling and flaming away...It might be different if they were here spreading a positive influence and lifting people's overall impression of the LDS faith and byu..  I might cut them some slack.  But they don't.  Troll on little men.  Troll on!

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

This should tell you all you need to know about how much USU fans care about this loss. He has a big name but mediocre game. His offer list out of HS was not good and frankly it was embarrassing to see USU listed among them. He did okay as a freshman but was no game changer. He had been playing both WR and CB during Spring ball but rumor is that he really wanted to play defense. Who knows what led to his leaving, in the end it is really not that big of a loss, especially since WR may be the deepest position on the team with CB directly after that. Good luck to him at Maryland where he can be close to daddy.

Uh, he had a really good season for a true freshman, despite the terrible player you trotted out at QB last year and is likely going to a better program than yours.  It's a loss.

56 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

The fact that a handful of byu fans continue to be top-level posters on this site that has nothing to do with byu or their athletic programs tells you everything you need to know about what these guys are and why they are here.

This site has really had no connection to byu sports for 7 years now.  And here they are.  Day after day after day. Trolling and flaming away...It might be different if they were here spreading a positive influence and lifting people's overall impression of the LDS faith and byu..  I might cut them some slack.  But they don't.  Troll on little men.  Troll on!

Maybe you can tell us something you haven't said before?  As for the bolded portion, I'd disagree.  BYU plays a ton of teams here in both major sports every year.

Do you think you spread good will and cheer for the LDS faith by your posting here?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

But remember, BYU is not our rival, and BYU fans never think about USU except when they play us. ;)

You may barely think about BYU, but I think about USU all the time.  The are the annual General Conference rival.

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, ag4fr said:

As long as USU is in the MWC, BYU will be a huge topic here.  

This rivalry is dairy based, and also family based, and a battle every year.  USU is definitely gaining ground on BYU, though.

5 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

He thinks about BYU all the time. 

You zoobies are kind of slow, aren't you? I was just pointing out the irony of the fact that even though you zoobs insist over and over and over again that USU is not a rival and that BYU doesn't even think about USU any time other than a few days before we play, somehow there are more BYU fans posting on this thread than USU fans. For a school that claims that you don't care at all about USU, y'all spend a lot of time on USU threads.

On 4/24/2017 at 4:44 PM, Bob said:

I guess. They are like 100 miles away.

Why do people still say dumb shit like this when it is so easy to just type it in google and find out they are wrong? 

I am looking out my window at them right now and I live at the base of the foothills on the other side of the valley.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 4/24/2017 at 0:35 PM, kingpotato said:

I had to stay a night in Wyoming and couldn't find any booze in the convenience store. They said it wasn't allowed. I had to go to a bar where they put it in a bag for you to take home. I'm not sure if that was that county or a state thing, but that was weird. 

That might have been a location thing. If the town is big enough it will have a liquor store. I have bought liquor at bars in Wyo though also in small places.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 4/23/2017 at 11:02 AM, Jack Bauer said:

First, I don't care that much about basketball.

Popoola is a flaky kid, he has flirted with about ten teams through this process.  When he didn't sign in Feb when he could sign, I knew he wouldn't go to BYU, so I haven't worried about it.  I get the feeling BYU moved on from him when he didn't sign when he was supposed to.

In a recent interview he said he chose Utah over BYU because he left like he would be fighting the other Lone Peak guards on the roster for playing time and felt he had a better opportunity to play sooner at Utah.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:36 PM, RogueStout said:

Why do people still say dumb shit like this when it is so easy to just type it in google and find out they are wrong? 

I am looking out my window at them right now and I live at the base of the foothills on the other side of the valley.

What would the internet be worth if people didn't say stupid stuff on it?  For example, this board would shrivel up and die in about 2 weeks.