Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

USU's Rayshad Lewis (son of Ray Lewis) transferring

It's pretty obvious to me that Ray has been pressuring his son to leave. Why? Because he wants to teach Rayshad how to commit serious crimes and get away with them. It would just be too dangerous to teach him there, as there's only 12 black people in Logan. He would immediately be on the Top 12 list based on witness descriptions. It would be easier for him to fly under the radar at a big school like Matar Dei.

kat.jpg

22 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Emotions are understandably raw in Ogden today.

Local newspaper defends Rayshad, and takes a shot at Wyoming and Boise.

http://usustatesman.com/rayshad-lewis-owes-nothing/

From the article:

There are several advantages to playing for a mid-major, particularly for Utah State. The workout and practice facilities in Logan are literally top-of-the-line. Maverik Stadium’s overhaul put the Aggies on the map as having one of the three best home field locations in the conference, and the only one in a gorgeous valley — sorry Laramie/Boise, you know I’m right.

The writer also defends Rayshad's right to transfer from a losing USU football team for "cultural fit" (Rayshad is black), while simultaneously attacking David Collette as a "narcissist" "Judas" for his decision transferring from a losing USU basketball program (Collette is a white, Mormon kid from Utah).

Ahhh, Boise sits in a valley:

downtown-boise.jpg

On 4/23/2017 at 1:55 AM, Fort Fun said:

Can we take forget Lewis and Collette for a moment and discuss how awful that sentence is? I'm so tired of people who use the word "literally" to emphasize a point.If USU's facilities were LITERALLY top-of-the-line, that would mean that someone grabbed a couple thousand buckets of paint and drew a line across the United States and USU's practice facility was located at the top of that line. That's what "literally" means.

If you believe that USU's facilities are top-of-the-line, then that's all you have to say. There is no need for the +++++ing word "literally". What the +++++ are they teaching them in Ogden? Jesus christ.

The real problem is that Aggie fans think they have the best workout and practice facilities anywhere.  

But what do you expect from a homer journalist named after the city in which USU is located? 

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

And what 18 year old kid gives an eff about the size of the mountains around the stadium anyway? 

The fact that a school like Nebraska can pull in top recruits every year proves that local environment is meaningless.  Besides, Logan might be a beautiful area, but unfortunately the Mormon culture is suffocating.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

The fact that a school like Nebraska can pull in top recruits every year proves that local environment is meaningless.  Besides, Logan might be a beautiful area, but unfortunately the Mormon culture is suffocating.  

Yeah, it's crazy to me that the only bars in town are so far from the stadium. And they only have, what, two bars? 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, it's crazy to me that the only bars in town are so far from the stadium. And they only have, what, two bars? 

There is a reason everyone in Utah views USU as "BYU lite".   Ogden/Logan (USU) and Provo (BYU) have a lot in common.

If you are searching out bars near the USU campus, I'd check out 25th Street in Ogden.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

There is the bull head which is a good bar less than 50 yards from the stadium, if you are coming to town let me know and I will tell you where to go.

The culture is bit of a problem.

I like Boise it is a great town.

26 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

There is the bull head which is a good bar less than 50 yards from the stadium, if you are coming to town let me know and I will tell you where to go.

The culture is bit of a problem.

I like Boise it is a great town.

They have restaurant hours, though. They were closed after the game the last time I went there. I walked with a small group to the bar that was "just down the hill" I was told. It was WAY further than we expected. We were trying to get a cab ride the whole way there, but the dude doesn't work late on weekends.  'cause, ya know, so needs a cab ride then? By the time we got there they were almost closing. We paid a patron 20 bucks to give us a ride back. I'm exhausted just talking about. 

Yep.  Big news.  Logan is in the State of Utah.  Utah does have some slightly strange liquor laws.  

I've gone to hundreds of dinners with clients in Utah and I have never really seen anyone have a difficult time getting a few drinks in a restaurant.  

Bars are not really all that plentiful in Utah, but since Rayshad is now maybe 19 years old, i hope that the availabiltiy of watering holes is not too high on his list.

But beyond that, it is just good fun to watch the byu trolls trying to run smack on the number of drinking establishements.in Logan.  Yes, Utah State is in Logan, not Ogden, as a few of the Cougar dim bulbs have asserted

Rather, I think Lewis has his reasons for wanting to transfer.  And I doubt it has anything to do with the number of bars near campus.  More likely he has decided that he is not getting the ball enough or does not see an alignment with the offensive scheme, in general, or or does not really like the coaches.  Or maybe it is just too far from home, or whatever.  I don't really care, because he has decided to transfer.  So I wish him well and hope things go well for him at Maryland.

In somewhat related news, I see a couple of OL guys that have transferred to Utah Stae from byu.  I don't really care why they have decided to transfer.  Maybe it was the lack of bars or maybe it was that everyone in Provo seems to have a severe constipation problem.  I really don't give a rip and I also wish them the best with their new team and home.

Let the dude know when you come to town I will make sure you get to the right place, there is a nice bar located by the Marriot hotel downtown. It is not a easy place to find what you want unless you know the ropes, but it is possible.

I noticed that the BSU starts at 8:00 so given that the bars close at 1:00 we got a problem thanks to the MWC  T.V. package

Just now, RiverCityBronco said:

Just to stay off topic: I believe beer is limited to 3.2% alcohol in Utah, which is a travesty, and probably limits the amount of breweries that open in the state.  Also, does Utah still require that you order food in order to get a drink? 

You can get heavy beer at the state stores, but 3.2 beer it is a travesty, Utah has regular liquor buy the drink bars, you do not need to order food at those places.

Franklin Idaho is a small town with about 400 people that sells heavy beer and lottery tickets they have two large stores that have huge beer coolers, which makes 3.2 beer a real joke in Logan which is only 15 to 20 minutes from Franklin, they make a fortune off of silly Utah laws.

Guest #1Stunner
28 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

Yep.  Big news.  Logan is in the State of Utah.  Utah does have some slightly strange liquor laws.  

I've gone to hundreds of dinners with clients in Utah and I have never really seen anyone have a difficult time getting a few drinks in a restaurant.  

Bars are not really all that plentiful in Utah, but since Rayshad is now maybe 19 years old, i hope that the availabiltiy of watering holes is not too high on his list.

But beyond that, it is just good fun to watch the byu trolls trying to run smack on the number of drinking establishements.in Logan.  Yes, Utah State is in Logan, not Ogden, as a few of the Cougar dim bulbs have asserted

Rather, I think Lewis has his reasons for wanting to transfer.  And I doubt it has anything to do with the number of bars near campus.  More likely he has decided that he is not getting the ball enough or does not see an alignment with the offensive scheme, in general, or or does not really like the coaches.  Or maybe it is just too far from home, or whatever.  I don't really care, because he has decided to transfer.  So I wish him well and hope things go well for him at Maryland.

In somewhat related news, I see a couple of OL guys that have transferred to Utah Stae from byu.  I don't really care why they have decided to transfer.  Maybe it was the lack of bars or maybe it was that everyone in Provo seems to have a severe constipation problem.  I really don't give a rip and I also wish them the best with their new team and home.

Cs1Vvr0VIAAzyu0.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Just to stay off topic: I believe beer is limited to 3.2% alcohol in Utah, which is a travesty, and probably limits the amount of breweries that open in the state.  Also, does Utah still require that you order food in order to get a drink? 

Some places for Boise's game vs USU this year:

Saturday
Oct. 28
Aggies at Utah State Aggies 
Maverik Stadium, Ogden, UT     
8:00pm MT
CBSSN

Funk'n Dive Bar - 2550 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401

Brewski's - 244 25th St, Ogden, UT 84401

40 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

Just couldn't do it, could you?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg