Warbow

PAC 16 -- 2020

SGF I'm  as serious as anything else in a speculative thread about conference realignment.  

No supposition.  The PAC 12 can't contract but they could dissolve and reform to become a new conference if the by laws don't require a unanimous vote to dissolve the conference.  Everyone would just call it comtraction but that's really a pro sports thing because the university doesn't cease to exist like The Chivas  team in MLS.  

I was using a historical example because that is at least somewhat possible to happpen again and it avoids the longer explanation.  You may not be familiar with the Pacific Coast conference but it predated the PAC 8/10/12.   In 1959 the four California schools and Washington (dubbed The Big Five by the media at the time who were accused of paying student athletes) left the PCC which included Idaho.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Coast_Conference  UCLA was the last new admit to the PCC in 1928 - yes, Montana was invited before the Bruins.

I'm speculating about a world where the "Big" revenue schools treat Oregon State and Washington State like we treated Idaho in 1959: walk away.  The conference assets could  be apportioned so they get their own cable network because there are six regional channels.  A new  PAC 10 would have the same media footprint and overall have nearly the same inventory of desirable games, except when the Civil War is not an Oregon home game.

I think another west coast dissolution of the major conference is more likely than expansion because there is no way Texas is going to be interested in our conference network at this point.  

Unforunately I think USC would block the Aztecs because of the 2-1-0 all time record between you guys.  UCLA wouldn't block SDSU because we draw the line at Fresno State.  Hopefully as Big 12 members the Trojans won't fear scheduling you guys so much.

Oregon is not a football power at this point.  They just want to be respectable because they can't beat Stanford or now Washington.  The real money is in basketball ball shoes and now Oregon is more of a basketball power.  They aren't even ranked in the preseason and or picked in the top half of their division.

28 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

This is from "the stud" who pays $700 for a 3rd rate hooker and then tells his mom about it. 

So what?  Taking a girl out to dinner, or a date for that matter, is a form of prostitution.

48 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

So what?  Taking a girl out to dinner, or a date for that matter, is a form of prostitution.

So dating is a form of prostitution in your diseased mind? 

Would that make your mom a whore? Or at least a former whore?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Ames has a population of 63K and the entire state of Iowa has a population almost exactly the same as the population of SD county and nobody outside the state boundaries cares a whit about ISU and not many within Iowa do so adding ISU would do nothing to boost P12 TV revenue; ISU has historically had one of the worst football programs in the country; ISU's basketball program is pretty good but barely better than SDSU's; flights from Ames to Denver are about two hours and that's the closest Pac location with less expensive commercial flights from Des Moines to LAX taking 3.5 hours. I can just imagine how thrilled USC and UCLA would be to have their Olys make that trip every year.

And yet Iowa State is and will remain a P5/highest level school, while I don't think SDSU will be in a major conference in my lifetime.

If it came down to it, Iowa State fits the Pac profile much better than SDSU. The Pac already does just fine in the San Diego market, so all those people don't make up for the other shortcomings. I don't think either school will ever be in the Pac, but I can see Iowa State getting in before SDSU.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

14 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Even assuming that to be true, it doesn't cost close to $700 and there haven't been hundreds or thousands of trains down that tunnel before you.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

SGF I'm  as serious as anything else in a speculative thread about conference realignment.  

No supposition.  The PAC 12 can't contract but they could dissolve and reform to become a new conference if the by laws don't require a unanimous vote to dissolve the conference.  Everyone would just call it comtraction but that's really a pro sports thing because the university doesn't cease to exist like The Chivas  team in MLS.  

I was using a historical example because that is at least somewhat possible to happpen again and it avoids the longer explanation.  You may not be familiar with the Pacific Coast conference but it predated the PAC 8/10/12.   In 1959 the four California schools and Washington (dubbed The Big Five by the media at the time who were accused of paying student athletes) left the PCC which included Idaho.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Coast_Conference  UCLA was the last new admit to the PCC in 1928 - yes, Montana was invited before the Bruins.

I'm speculating about a world where the "Big" revenue schools treat Oregon State and Washington State like we treated Idaho in 1959: walk away.  The conference assets could  be apportioned so they get their own cable network because there are six regional channels.  A new  PAC 10 would have the same media footprint and overall have nearly the same inventory of desirable games, except when the Civil War is not an Oregon home game.

I think another west coast dissolution of the major conference is more likely than expansion because there is no way Texas is going to be interested in our conference network at this point.  

Unforunately I think USC would block the Aztecs because of the 2-1-0 all time record between you guys.  UCLA wouldn't block SDSU because we draw the line at Fresno State.  Hopefully as Big 12 members the Trojans won't fear scheduling you guys so much.

Oregon is not a football power at this point.  They just want to be respectable because they can't beat Stanford or now Washington.  The real money is in basketball ball shoes and now Oregon is more of a basketball power.  They aren't even ranked in the preseason and or picked in the top half of their division.

I'm aware of the PCC. I'm aware it disbanded as much because of SEC level cheating - including by UCLA - than to get rid of Idaho and Montana.

To the Pac 8/10/12's credit, other than USC football on a couple occasions, Washington football under Don James and perhaps Cal football under Tedford it hasn't emulated the PCC in that regard. (Oregon has gotten away with legal cheating ever since it became Nike U but that's just because the NCAA has no balls.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

40 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Even assuming that to be true, it doesn't cost close to $700 and there haven't been hundreds or thousands of trains down that tunnel before you.

In the long-run, I'm saving money.  You've spent thousands of dollars on your girlfriend/wife.  Who cares how many people she's been with if she's clean?

9 hours ago, ph90702 said:

In the long-run, I'm saving money.  You've spent thousands of dollars on your girlfriend/wife.  Who cares how many people she's been with if she's clean?

Anyone who can get a real date, have relationships with women that includes more than just getting your rocks off. 

In other words, normal people. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama