Warbow

PAC 16 -- 2020

19 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

This conversation isn't about Utah. That was a specific response to a specific statement. 

I guess you haven't read all the triggered posts referring to ass holes. 

I only read a fraction of what Stunner posts so if that's what you're referring to thanks for the clarification.

Boom goes the dynamite.

27 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Look, Utah's accomplishments in basketball and football and its location in a major city meant it was as worthy of Pac membership as anybody else available but please don't try to argue the Pac had to get down on its knees and beg you guys to join. Because although I'm sure you would never agree, Utah benefited considerably more from joining the Pac than the Pac benefited from having you guys do so.

No one arguing about Utah benefiting from inclusion in the Pac 12, but the thing is, at the time Utah was included there was a financial incentive for the Pac 12 to add Utah, namely in order to have a CCG which added several million for each school annually even with Utah eventually getting a slice of the pie. If the Pac could have added Texas, the existing schools would have made even more financially, but when that was no longer an option, they took Utah, which was the most favorable option left. 

A financial incentive does not currently exist to expand with a lower revenue generating school. Unless the payout per school goes up with the addition of a new member, I can't see what the benefit would be to expand, and I do not see any non P5 schools out there currently that would raise the revenues.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner
23 hours ago, AztecSU said:

OMG, I can almost here your butt hole puckering. Triggered af

Who said anything about dictating terms? Take a few deep breaths, it should help.

22 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Translation:

I'm triggered

GIf.gif

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I only read a fraction of what Stunner posts so if that's what you're referring to thanks for the clarification.

The people that responded with "triggered" and 'butt hole" stuff was mostly unhappy SDSU fans.  

They were upset that Chad pointed out the obvious---SDSU isn't ever joining the PAC12.  I agree with Chad on this.  No MWC school, including also BYU, is ever going to join the PAC12.

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

They were upset that Chad pointed out the obvious---SDSU isn't ever joining the PAC12. 

I won't speak for SU, but thats not it at all. Thanks for playing.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Dr. Dre said:

I won't speak for SU, but thats not it at all. Thanks for playing.

SDSU is unfairly screwed.  You are trapped in a fun market, with only one P5 conference close by.  You have good fan support, and a great market.

I do think you deserve better than what you are currently getting.   But the PAC12 just isn't ever going to expand again.

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I really don't disagree with anything you've said.

This thread is about desperate MWC fans that want a better conference for their school (who can blame them??)

But, like you said, the PAC12 will NEVER expand, except for maybe adding Texas someday.   Hell, they already told Oklahoma no, which is one of the most elite college football programs in the Country.  

So... Colorado and Utah can be extremely happy that they "won the lottery" when they did.  I'm not sure the PAC10 would add 2 schools today if they know what they know now.  That is not an attack on Utah and Colorado, but just saying that you don't even need 12 schools for a Conference Championship Game anymore (which was not the rule when the PAC10 expanded).

I agree.  UTAH won the lottery. At the time people were saying that the UTES were the big winners in the expansion game, and I certainly agree with that.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

Their peers

The same peers that declined to give a shit if the BigXII expands to get a CCG, or not?

The peers that have no incentive to care?

Those peers?

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

Hey Dre. Whatcha think is sadder. The look on that young guy's face at the right of your signature photo or the fact the City of Fresno still allows that lowered Accord to park smack dab in the middle of its nicest street?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, Chad Sexington said:

Those peers?

The one and the same. Hey, Pac 12 can do what they want, but eventually it'll be "get with the times".

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

The one and the same. Hey, Pac 12 can do what they want, but eventually it'll be "get with the times".

Eventually we'll all be dead.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Hey Dre. Whatcha think is sadder. The look on that young guy's face at the right of your signature photo or the fact the City of Fresno still allows that lowered Accord to park smack dab in the middle of its nicest street?

Trick question?

The answer is Both

1 minute ago, Chad Sexington said:

The same peers that declined to give a shit if the BigXII expands to get a CCG, or not?

Those peers?

go you one better.

Those same peers relaxed the rules to allow the Big 12 to add a CCG without expanding.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Those peers?

Kindly read more carefully if you wanna play. As I said, the peers will care when the football playoffs go to 8 teams and the Pac demands to have its champion get an automatic bid despite having 4 less teams than the rest of them.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Those same peers relaxed the rules to allow the Big 12 to add a CCG without expanding.

Its kinda "a stay of execution"

I was just stating there are several different reasons why Pac-12 won't invite BYU and also really there are no other choices for Pac-12 unless they raid Big 12 or something for any expansion which I don't think Pac-12 will do anytime soon unless they picked up stragglers to go to a 16 team conference and break from the NCAA. 

With the B10 they wanted to expand they wanted to move east so that is why Maryland and Rutgers were plucked.....also Colorado to the Pac-12 wasn't a huge surprise for me.

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Kindly read more carefully if you wanna play. As I said, the peers will care when the football playoffs go to 8 teams and the Pac demands to have its champion get an automatic bid despite having 4 less teams than the rest of them.

Pay attn SGF, that was a response to Drudge.