Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyovanian

Raiders Rent Free, UNLV Pays

5 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

You want me to quote the two parts in the article that YOU linked to?

Jesus H Christ.  You are a goddamn moron.  Read the article instead of the headline and the lede, shit for brains.

I've read both articles fully. Nothing in them explains why or to whom UNLV pays rent. Prove me wrong, super genius.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

18 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

You want me to quote the two parts in the article that YOU linked to?

Jesus H Christ.  You are a goddamn moron.  Read the article instead of the headline and the lede, shit for brains.

13 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

I've read both articles fully. Nothing in them explains why or to whom UNLV pays rent. Prove me wrong, super genius.

:tumbleweed:

53 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

:tumbleweed:

So you're all worked up on articles that don't say how much or why UNLV pays rent, but thought it was thread worthy as if you have any substance to bash with.

Answer one simple question:

What happens if "rent" is simply game day operations costs?...the same amount UNLV pays out to operate at SBS.  (Which has been proposed from the beginning by Jessup)

We get it. UNLV does get some free rent. Rent free in your head. You literally can't go a day without stroking our jocks.

We get it. 1960's Qualcomm = 2020 World class stadium on the Vegas strip.

We get it. UNLV football = SDSU football

We get it. San Diego = Las Vegas economically

We get it. This won't help recruiting or attendance at all. Most UNLV fans would prefer SBS. SBS is an elite stadium and now we'll only lose attendance because we have to sit in a nice ass stadium.

The people that chime in these threads like they have a clue is +++++ing hilarious.

I'll trust my own judgement...along with the 10's of other Vegas talking heads who actually know how this city succeeds and are critical of things that won't work.

I've yet to see a big name Vegas person say this is bad for UNLV.

The only valid point anyone can make is this puts a ceiling on UNLV's support. Which is perfectly fine. We aren't trying to be the Alabama on the west coast...nor would we ever have that chance to be.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

3 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

The people that chime in these threads like they have a clue is +++++ing hilarious.

I'll trust my own judgement...along with the 10's of other Vegas talking heads who actually know how this city succeeds and are critical of things that won't work.

I've yet to see a big name Vegas person say this is bad for UNLV.

Does it succeed?  Are people that live in Las Vegas assured of better futures than those that live elsewhere?

I see certain projects that succeed, but I don't always see that filtering down to the citizens of the area.

Just now, masterfrog said:

Does it succeed?  Are people that live in Las Vegas assured of better futures than those that live elsewhere?

I see certain projects that succeed, but I don't always see that filtering down to the citizens of the area.

Vegas is unique to any other city in this country. I never said Vegas lifestyle is superior or you can have a better future in Vegas than elsewhere, that is up to the individual, not the city.

I'm simply saying things are different here. Projects work here that won't work anywhere else. You can't compare Vegas to any other city and expect the outcomes to be the same.

Vegas relies on tourism.

1/3 of our job market is related to tourism.

We don't pay state taxes because of tourism.

If that doesn't filter to the citizens I dunno what does...

Also, that $750mill for the stadium would be retarded elsewhere. Not for Vegas. This stadium will crack into other areas of revenue. Bringing in events we can't have right now. Or expanding events we do have.

The revenue is already ahead of schedule. After 1 month of the tax, which is projected revenue of $3.7m, the revenue was 25% more than projections...at $4.6m.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Vegas is unique to any other city in this country. I never said Vegas lifestyle is superior or you can have a better future in Vegas than elsewhere, that is up to the individual, not the city.

I'm simply saying things are different here. Projects work here that won't work anywhere else. You can't compare Vegas to any other city and expect the outcomes to be the same.

Vegas relies on tourism.

1/3 of our job market is related to tourism.

We don't pay state taxes because of tourism.

If that doesn't filter to the citizens I dunno what does...

Also, that $750mill for the stadium would be retarded elsewhere. Not for Vegas. This stadium will crack into other areas of revenue. Bringing in events we can't have right now. Or expanding events we do have.

The revenue is already ahead of schedule. After 1 month of the tax, which is projected revenue of $3.7m, the revenue was 25% more than projections...at $4.6m.

I think it can work.  I don't understand why they don't have a site selected yet.  It would seem like they would have that done by now.

1 minute ago, masterfrog said:

I think it can work.  I don't understand why they don't have a site selected yet.  It would seem like they would have that done by now.

They do.

It's harder than just sticking a fork in the ground and calling it home.

But the sites been chosen months ago.

This is the billboard on the property right now.

8412759_web1_fbn-raidersbillboard-042217

39 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

Do people that live in Bumphuck, Tennessee or wherever you are assured of better futures than those who live elsewhere?

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Do people that live in Bumphuck, Tennessee or wherever you are assured of better futures than those who live elsewhere?

I wasn't criticizing.  I was just observing from the years that I spent in Las Vegas.  Oftentimes, these giant projects don't help the population.  It may bring in additional tax revenues, but it seems like a lot of those revenues are used to try and recruit more projects to help with tax revenues instead of actually using the tax revenues to help the citizens.  It isn't enough to just not have a state income tax.  Las Vegas lacks on parks and education.  Unless some of the money starts going to things like that, it doesn't matter what type of projects come into the city.

Guest #1Stunner
On 4/21/2017 at 5:48 PM, Wyovanian said:

I spent two decades there and have tons of friends and family there. I pay attention to UNLV Athletics.

Only MY head isn't in the sand...

^^^

This clown admits he's never lived in Las Vegas.  He's lecturing UNLV against getting a new stadium, yet he admits he lives in rural Wyoming.  Sad.

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

San Diego dwarfs Las Vegas economically.

All of that was sarcasm.

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. And all that generous tax policy that trickles down to the citizens leads to having lower wages than the national average. High livin'. 

That is about as useful of a stat as those gender gap graphs.

56 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

San Diego dwarfs Las Vegas economically. And plenty of highly irrelevant teams play in pro stadiums. Yours will be included on that list in the future. 

well, UNLV football is irrelevant now, so what have we got to lose? :shrug:

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

San Diego dwarfs Las Vegas economically. And plenty of highly irrelevant teams play in pro stadiums. Yours will be included on that list in the future. 

One irrelevant team plays in War Memorial in BFE.  Nobody gives 2 shits about a divisional title and a bunch of 2-5 win seasons in the MW. Slightly better than UNLV, but still very irrelevant. In fact, Wyoming football in the MW may as well be UNLV football. Neither program means anything, really.

UNLV has no where to go than up when we are considering SBS as the base point. I've been to the stadium many times for Nevada/UNLV games and Supercross races and everything about these events will be better in a state-of-the-art stadium closer to the strip. 

I still refuse to see this as the death knell for UNLV football. UNLV will not drop football as long as it is in a conference with like minded "peer" institutions that play football. Even with the NFL and NHL coming to down, there will still be loyalty to the program from those who are still loyal (to a fault) and there will also be a market for UNLV to tap into of those who want to see football, but can't afford the NFL prices. The location alone will help pull these people in. UNLV will see a small bump in attendance for this.

All that said, I still hate the idea of playing in an NFL stadium and dream for the day that we get our own reasonably sized on campus stadium. Until that day comes (likely never) this is definitely a better alternative than playing in SBS which is where we are at now.

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 0:04 PM, badfish said:

I know Sam Boyd isn't ideal, but I'd much rather play in our own off Campus stadium than a giant NFL one again. We did OK in attendance with chargers terrible fan base, wait til Raiders crush UNLV fan base. Idk why you guys are so excited about this....

Yup. Don't do it UNLV.  It sucks playing in an NFL stadium.  I had a great time at Sam Boyd for the Las Vegas Bowl. Nice college stadium that is the right size for your program.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:23 PM, #1Stunner said:

^^^

This clown admits he's never lived in Las Vegas.  He's lecturing UNLV against getting a new stadium, yet he admits he lives in rural Wyoming.  Sad.

Holy magic skidmarks. Are you really expecting everyone to buy that?

You do understand there are people who, unlike yourself, left the place they grew up (or at least their parents' and sister-mothers' or whatever the f--k you inbred, jejune, fiction-swallowing, empty-headed-doctrinistic, lost-souls-in-search-of-meaning call the other women in your household your dad banged when your mom's qu-m closed to in-bound traffic's house you were born in) and lived in other places, right?

Follow this, if you can- grew up in Wyoming, moved to LV (lived there for about twenty years), moved back to Wyoming.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Holy magic skidmarks. Are you really expecting everyone to buy that?

You do understand there are people who, unlike yourself, left the place they grew up (or at least their parents' and sister-mothers' or whatever the f--k you inbred, jejune, fiction-swallowing, empty-headed-doctrinistic, lost-souls-in-search-of-meaning call the other women in your household your dad banged when your mom's qu-m closed to in-bound traffic's house you were born in) and lived in other places, right?

Follow this, if you can- grew up in Wyoming, moved to LV (lived there for about twenty years), moved back to Wyoming.

^^^  this guy trying to "use his words".

What other thoughts do you have to share about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas?

Guest RoscoesDad

Perhaps this article will help clear things up for the anti-Vegas loons who keep crowing about the Raiders not paying any rent (they are paying it up front in lump sum), and also UNLV getting screwed over (if the Raiders breach UNLV's terms, they would default on the contract with the LVSA).  Now of course, this would require one to actually READ the article, so I am not holding my breath. 

https://raiderramble.com/2017/04/22/las-vegas-stadium-authority-latest-meeting-decoded/