Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyovanian

Raiders Rent Free, UNLV Pays

According to these articles, the Raiders pay zero for the use of a stadium being half-funded by taxpayer money, allegedly because revenue to the stadium authority would nullify its tax-free bonds, yet UNLV will have to fork out...

Las Vegas Stadium Authority board Chairman Steve Hill has said the entity, which would own the stadium, cannot receive any revenue because it could cause bonds for the project to lose their tax-exempt status. "

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/apr/20/lease-no-rent-for-raiders-at-las-vegas-stadium/?utm_source=mostpopular&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=mostRead#disqus_thread

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/las-vegas-stadium-officials-review-new-raiders-lease-agreement/

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

las-vegas-sign-showgirls.jpg

Sorry, what was the topic? It had something to do with Las Vegas...I got distracted. :banana:

29 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Rebels in this stadium will be akin to the Aztecs in Qualcomm, i.e., even in the best of times second class citizens.

Bingo. And with all of the "assurances" coming from Mark Davis, well, let's just say I wouldn't take a check for $5 from that guy. He is a classic bait-and-switch businessman. The guy employs a team of goal post movers full-time. They call themselves lawyers...

Guest RoscoesDad
9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Bingo. And with all of the "assurances" coming from Mark Davis, well, let's just say I wouldn't take a check for $5 from that guy. He is a classic bait-and-switch businessman. The guy employs a team of goal post movers full-time. They call themselves lawyers...

Why do you continue with this nonsense when it's been made clear by the committee that either UNLV gets their own branding and full use of the stadium, or this deal is dead?  It was made absolutely clear back in February.  Why do you leave out the fact that the original agreement for the Raiders' lease was $1/annual?  

I know Sam Boyd isn't ideal, but I'd much rather play in our own off Campus stadium than a giant NFL one again. We did OK in attendance with chargers terrible fan base, wait til Raiders crush UNLV fan base. Idk why you guys are so excited about this....

9 minutes ago, badfish said:

I know Sam Boyd isn't ideal, but I'd much rather play in our own off Campus stadium than a giant NFL one again. We did OK in attendance with chargers terrible fan base, wait til Raiders crush UNLV fan base. Idk why you guys are so excited about this....

I disagree. Biggest issue with Sam Boyd is the conditions. We are in the literal sense a fair weather fan base. Worst thing is sitting out for the first four weeks of the season in the sweltering 100+ degree heat with the sun beating down on us. Especially when it is in a shithole like Sam Boyd Stadium, where you might damage your car just by parking in the rocks. I usually only get to a game or two in October or November, that's it. In a stadium like this, I am much more likely to frequent the games.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

Why do you continue with this nonsense when it's been made clear by the committee that either UNLV gets their own branding and full use of the stadium, or this deal is dead?  It was made absolutely clear back in February.  Why do you leave out the fact that the original agreement for the Raiders' lease was $1/annual?  

Are you seriously trying to say that the powers that be will pull funding if UNLV isn't totally satisfied thereby risking a chance that the Raiders will begin negotiating with San Diego to move there instead? As ridiculous as I believe the Raiders in SD might be, trust me when I say there are folks there who would love to have them.

Not sure what you mean by branding but my guess is the seats will be black and we'll start seeing a lot more of that color on UNLV unis.

Boom goes the dynamite.

19 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

I disagree. Biggest issue with Sam Boyd is the conditions. We are in the literal sense a fair weather fan base. Worst thing is sitting out for the first four weeks of the season in the sweltering 100+ degree heat with the sun beating down on us. Especially when it is in a shithole like Sam Boyd Stadium, where you might damage your car just by parking in the rocks. I usually only get to a game or two in October or November, that's it. In a stadium like this, I am much more likely to frequent the games.

I dunno.  If your school improves SBS and you start winning then it would be worth it.  When John Robinson started winning didn't you guys get an uptick in attendance, even with it being the distant hellhole that it was?  Having parking and concession revenues are nothing to sneeze at.  You should only play in the new stadium when you schedule a big time opponent.     

2 minutes ago, aztech said:

I dunno.  If your school improves SBS and you start winning then it would be worth it.  When John Robinson started winning didn't you guys get an uptick in attendance, even with it being the distant hellhole that it was?  Having parking and concession revenues are nothing to sneeze at.  You should only play in the new stadium when you schedule a big time opponent.     

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they charged for parking for UNLV football. Rugby I remember was $20 a day. 

I just rather enjoy where I am going. Temperature controlled stadiums are the best. If I lived in Phoenix, I'd have season tickets to the Diamondbacks. 

1 hour ago, badfish said:

You are assuming though that UNLV football has a large fanbase

Haven't been to a game since 2009. Will now be a season ticket holder.

Curtains that reduce attendance to 35k.

World class stadium with tons of shit to do around it.

Gonna be some fun Saturdays.

Here you are typing about UNLV like it's equal to anywhere else in this conference. Here we are not giving a +++++ about uninformed opinions.

hotunlvgirl_lovesbbccrawl_zpsc2f0e4f8.gi

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

You're dealing with Clark County politicians and Mark Davis. You can take whatever agreements there are vis a vis UNLV Football and hold them in one hand while reality fills the other. There's too much money flowing around the Raiders for them to let the stadium deal die for UNLV Football. If you don't think some of that money is flowing to local politicians and friends of politicians, I'd love to sit down and play poker with you. Whatever your rosy perception is of how things will work out for Rebel Football in that stadium, the reality is going to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of what you are planning on...

4 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Here you are typing about UNLV like it's equal to anywhere else in this conference. Here we are not giving a +++++ about uninformed opinions.

If the Rebels don't deliver a winning product within three years in the new stadium, they will fold football inside a decade. All the curtains in the world won't change the QualComm effect. Eight thousand fans in a 65k seat stadium is going to be miserable.

Just now, Wyovanian said:

If the Rebels don't deliver a winning product within three years in the new stadium, they will fold football inside a decade. All the curtains in the world won't change the QualComm effect. Eight thousand fans in a 65k seat stadium is going to be miserable.

K

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

K

Hey, congratulations on lining Mark Davis's pockets with tax money while your schools are failing. Maybe you can get him to spring for a headstone near the entrance- "Here lie the remains of UNLV Football".

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

15flsnt.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Hey, congratulations on lining Mark Davis's pockets with tax money while your schools are failing. Maybe you can get him to spring for a headstone near the entrance- "Here lie the remains of UNLV Football".

K