Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Troy Brown Jr to UNLV?

Just now, Headbutt said:

No he's not.

It's better sense than all the other nonsense he writes.  

PS:  I'm coming up your way in July.  I was there last year and I loved the area.  Let me know of any restaurants I shouldn't miss.  Thanks.  

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Wrong on both counts.  K5 is right.

We've had this discussion before. UNLV bball is one of the biggest things on this board, in sickness and in health, and recruiting stuff goes on the main page when warranted.  The possible alignment of Troy Brown and Brandon McCoy would mean two 5 star, top ten kids in the nation coming to UNLV along with chances at the #1 JUCO kid and another 4 star or two.  All after the worst season in UNLV history.  This is potentially a yuge story. Recruiting board is for San Jose getting excited about landing a tall guy.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

We've had this discussion before. UNLV bball is one of the biggest things on this board, in sickness and in health, and recruiting stuff goes on the main page when warranted.  The possible alignment of Troy Brown and Brandon McCoy would mean two 5 star, top ten kids in the nation coming to UNLV along with chances at the #1 JUCO kid and another 4 star or two.  All after the worst season in UNLV history.  This is potentially a yuge story. Recruiting board is for San Jose getting excited about landing a tall guy.

Yeah good points.  It was real important to bring any and all of the possibilities and news that Rice announced to the forefront of the board.  No, we don't give a crap about UNLV recruiting.  Sorry.  We're all on board with seeing UNLV  becoming successful again, but the daily UNLV recruiting update doesn't excite anyone but about a dozen UNLV faithful. 

I really don't care if you want to plaster that stuff here or not.  Just saying that it's not anywhere near as interesting to the general MWC fan as UNLV fan thinks it is.  I'm really tired of hearing about the great recruits that UNLV might have, and how they might be a powerhouse again.  Potentially, possible, etc.  Give me a break.  It's not breaking news.

10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah good points.  It was real important to bring any and all of the possibilities and news that Rice announced to the forefront of the board.  No, we don't give a crap about UNLV recruiting.  Sorry.  We're all on board with seeing UNLV  becoming successful again, but the daily UNLV recruiting update doesn't excite anyone but about a dozen UNLV faithful. 

I really don't care if you want to plaster that stuff here or not.  Just saying that it's not anywhere near as interesting to the general MWC fan as UNLV fan thinks it is.  I'm really tired of hearing about the great recruits that UNLV might have, and how they might be a powerhouse again.  Potentially, possible, etc.  Give me a break.  It's not breaking news.

^^ This. Especially when the kid has signed with OR. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

You're right.  It's not as interesting as webcam shots of the dirt in an unfinished stadium or all the jerk-off threads you guys started during your season of Big 12 Bachelorette.   

Just now, toonkee said:

You're right.  It's not as interesting as webcam shots of the dirt in an unfinished stadium or all the jerk-off threads you guys started during your season of Big 12 Bachelorette.   

Correct.  It's not even close to that interesting.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Correct.  It's not even close to that interesting.

You just put a thread titled "the irrelevant thread" on the main board and you're trying to police actual MW talk.  

Put that on OT board where it belongs! :oldman:

Just now, toonkee said:

You just put a thread titled "the irrelevant thread" on the main board and you're trying to police actual MW talk.  

Put that on OT board where it belongs! :oldman:

The irrelevant thread was for fun.  I'm not trying to police actual MW talk, I'm pointing out that nobody gives a shit about UNLV recruiting.  The point was brought up that a UNLV recruiting post belonged on the BB recruiting site.  Gee, I have to agree with that.  I don't understand the arrogance that demands that the rest of us give UNLV recruiting more importance than any other teams recruiting.  Post whatever you want about UNLV recruiting, just don't get offended that I, and most, don't care.

I hope ya'll get back to prominence, I don't care if you post every step of the journey on this board...but, if someone says that it's not real interesting, I'm going to agree with them.  Mostly because the rest of us couldn't give a shit.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

fwiw, early in dave rice's unlv career one of his lines, especially after beating #1 north carolina, was that 'UNLV transcends conference'. that's why it comes up every now and then in our threads. MOST of us just laugh about it...

This explains why PHnumbnuts is so infatuated with this claim.

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

The irrelevant thread was for fun.  I'm not trying to police actual MW talk, I'm pointing out that nobody gives a shit about UNLV recruiting.  The point was brought up that a UNLV recruiting post belonged on the BB recruiting site.  Gee, I have to agree with that.  I don't understand the arrogance that demands that the rest of us give UNLV recruiting more importance than any other teams recruiting.  Post whatever you want about UNLV recruiting, just don't get offended that I, and most, don't care.

I hope ya'll get back to prominence, I don't care if you post every step of the journey on this board...but, if someone says that it's not real interesting, I'm going to agree with them.  Mostly because the rest of us couldn't give a shit.

Whoops.  I will go back and delete the UNR bicyclist death news.

nobody is forced to open this thread if they aren't interested. i skip past a bunch every day.

if the OP were to actually happen this would be huge news for unlv, AND this conference.

just sayin...

16 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Way to completely over analyze a tweet. This could literally mean anything including referring to Bigby-Williams transferring or maybe even the McCoy has decided on OU.

You gotta stop. Between this and teh transcending talk, it's an embarrassment. 

16 minutes ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

Way to completely over analyze a tweet. This could literally mean anything including referring to Bigby-Williams transferring or maybe even the McCoy has decided on OU.

You gotta stop. Between this and teh transcending talk, it's an embarrassment. 

Brandon McCoy is choosing UNLV, not Oregon.

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

nobody is forced to open this thread if they aren't interested. i skip past a bunch every day.

if the OP were to actually happen this would be huge news for unlv, AND this conference.

just sayin...

IF it happens then the post would be in the right spot.   It hasn't so it's not...not a difficult concept to grasp.

16 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He's a McDonald's All-American.  He transcends the recruiting board just like UNLV transcends the Mountain West.

"Trancend(ing) the Mtn West..." via the basement of the conf's hoops standings???

10 hours ago, ph90702 said:

The last arguments I'm going to make in this thread about UNLV basketball transcending conference are that the MW needs us more than we need them and that UNLV recruits and lands the best players in the conference.  Schools like Utah State, Colorado State, etc. couldn't even make the top ten of some of the players we landed.  As rosegreen said, we aim to compete nationally.  Schools like UNR consider winning the MW and getting booted in the first round of the NCAA Tournament a success.  We at UNLV don't.  Lastly, if you gave each P5 the same salary at UNLV as they make at their current job, at least half would leave their current job.

Pls link me to a box score w/a heading for "recruiting."