Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

SDSU signs home and home with UCLA

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

???

The Aztecs are like 2-39 against P5 schools and haven't beat any with a winning record. But they're scared ???

We're  due. Fear the spear bitches 

?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That's a great get. Shiit Nevada was Pac12 central with OOC games towards the end of Aults reign. He wanted as many PAC games as possible for recruiting and fan interest. But since he's left, we're off playing other conferences. WE canceled our home games with UCLA and Oregon the last few years for scheduling reasons, and that just sucks. In recent years we've have and had series games with: 

UCLA

CAL

Oregon

Oregon St.

Washington

Wqshington St.

Arizona

We also almost worked a series with Arizona St. before Ault left. Knuth came from Utah, so we should easily be able to get that on the books if we wanted. I guess I should quit whining so much because we do have games on the books with Oregon, Wazzu, CAL and we have Oregon St. next year at home. But Ault seemed to want at least one PAC game per season with a lot of years having 2 games. Road games at CAL, USC and UCLA are perfect for recruiting. 

That was Polian.  I'm still PO'd losing the UCLA game but he wanted to visit his friends at TxA&M & ND where he had coached.  Actually not a bed tradeoff but the trip to Buffalo to visit friends & family was one straw too many.  

2 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

That was Polian.  I'm still PO'd losing the UCLA game but he wanted to visit his friends at TxA&M & ND where he had coached.  Actually not a bed tradeoff but the trip to Buffalo to visit friends & family was one straw too many.  

That was part of the schedule adjustment where we added BYU games to make some other stuff work. I was soooooo looking forward to see UCLA at Mackay. I'm still sore about that one. Canceling the Oregon game wasn't nearly as bad because they were still really good and it would've been a slaughter. 

kat.jpg

I am thinking it was more Groth than anything else for those scheduling changes especially losing an Oregon game at home which would have sold out the place and got some much needed money into the coffers. Was surprised we got California again for a game and unless we bought out of our game against Washington that is still a TBD matchup. 

It is really tough to schedule SC home and home.  They only have three non-conf games and one is dedicated to Notre Dame.  So really they only have two available non-conf games and they have scheduled ND games such that every year they will have five home games between the Pac schedule and ND.  They usually like to schedule one of the two non-conf games against a P5 on a home and home basis (this year it is Texas) and then fill that last slot with a G5 at home.  Given the money they can make playing an extra home game I don't blame them.

39 minutes ago, Fowl said:

It is really tough to schedule SC home and home.  They only have three non-conf games and one is dedicated to Notre Dame.  So really they only have two available non-conf games and they have scheduled ND games such that every year they will have five home games between the Pac schedule and ND.  They usually like to schedule one of the two non-conf games against a P5 on a home and home basis (this year it is Texas) and then fill that last slot with a G5 at home.  Given the money they can make playing an extra home game I don't blame them.

From about 1999 till 2013, USC and Hawaii played regularly on a H&H basis. Four (1999, 2005, 2010, 2013) at Hawaii, two (2003, 2012) at USC. Of course we didn't win any of the games but the 2010 game was close with a 49-36 loss. Aloha Stadium was packed with about 70/30 Hawaii to USC fan ratio every time it was at Aloha. When the PAC12 started having a Championship game, and Sark and co. didn't care to schedule us anymore the series dropped off.

17 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Good get Aztecs.  Now go beat them Bruins.

i'm not optimistic. UCLA is in our heads and to the Bruins' credit they have always done their best to keep it that way. You would think a team which is something like 20-0-1 all time against a certain opponent would take that opponent lightly at least once but UCLA never takes SDSU lightly. I've attended at least half a dozen of those games at Qualcomm and the Rose Bowl and the Bruins are always fired up to play us. They want to keep us down and have done a great job of doing so.

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

i'm not optimistic. UCLA is in our heads and to the Bruins' credit they have always done their best to keep it that way. You would think a team which is something like 20-0-1 all time against a certain opponent would take that opponent lightly at least once but UCLA never takes SDSU lightly. I've attended at least half a dozen of those games at Qualcomm and the Rose Bowl and the Bruins are always fired up to play us. They want to keep us down and have done a great job of doing so.

Until recently, it wasn't hard.

19 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Considering nobody on the current team has ever played UCLA, and the players that will play in the announced game are in Middle School and Elementary school, I doubt UCLA is in their heads.