Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roswellcoug

Russian court just ruled that the JW's are an extremist group

group and requires that all assets be liquidated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/world/europe/russia-bans-jehovahs-witnesses.html

I am waiting for all you SJW's to take to the streets and protest this blatant discrimination and total violation of basic human rights and dignity. 

Btw, I think the real puppet master is the Russian Orthodox Church. What a way to eliminate the competition! 

This is blatant discrimination and a total violation of basic human rights and dignity, but it can't possibly be surprising. Trump's buddy Putin is a noted asshole. 

Jehovahs witnesses, despite having wacky beliefs, are generally nice people. They also don't celebrate holidays so they make great coworkers. 

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is blatant discrimination and a total violation of basic human rights and dignity, but it can't possibly be surprising. Trump's buddy Putin is a noted asshole. 

Jehovahs witnesses, despite having wacky beliefs, are generally nice people. They also don't celebrate holidays so they make great coworkers. 

If I had a Russian consulate nearby, I'd go and protest! Instead I'll go protest at the closest Russian controlled organization, the Georgia Republican Party.

The Mormons are in the sights of the Russian Papists and can't be far away from our own liquidation.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Curious if you are familiar with the church's stance of how to handle spousal and child abuse accusations? 

Also curious if you are familiar with how the church instructs new members to treat friends and family who are not JW's? 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Curious if you are familiar with the church's stance of how to handle spousal and child abuse accusations? 

Also curious if you are familiar with how the church instructs new members to treat friends and family who are not JW's? 

Nope. Based entirely on a few jws I know. Its a whack job cult, I know that, but they're all over the place where I live and I've only had pleasant interactions with them. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're a morally bankrupt institution that uses fear to brainwash and bilk their followers out of money, just like every other religion.  

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

No, educate me.

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No, educate me.

My moms boyfriend growing up had a son who was a Jehovah Witness.  The son was told to disown his dad.  Last I heard, he had not talked to his dad in over 20 years.  They are taught that family members who are not JW are influences of Satan.

29 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No, educate me.

Half man got the second part covered.

Non JW entities such as Law Enforcement Offices and the American Jurisprudence System are also considered "not of god" so members who report abuse (and other) crimes to them are in many cases disfellowshiped from the church.

This has lead to a lot of abusers (many of the sexual variety, as in molesters/child rapists) being "handled" (if you can call it that) internally by local church leadership, as victims are essentially threatened into not reporting crimes. 

Guest #1Stunner
37 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Before I add any uniformed thought to this post - who are the guys who wear white shirts and black ties? I see some around here on bicycles.

You are probably thinking of Mormon missionaries, although, they don't wear black ties.

DSC_0086.JPG

59 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Before I add any uniformed thought to this post - who are the guys who wear white shirts and black ties? I see some around here on bicycles.

The Show.

4 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Nope. Based entirely on a few jws I know. Its a whack job cult, I know that, but they're all over the place where I live and I've only had pleasant interactions with them. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're a morally bankrupt institution that uses fear to brainwash and bilk their followers out of money, just like every other religion.  

Here's some reading from the Center of Investigative Reporting on the topic: https://www.revealnews.org/tag/jehovahs-witnesses/. They've done a lot of work on the topic recently.

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My moms boyfriend growing up had a son who was a Jehovah Witness.  The son was told to disown his dad.  Last I heard, he had not talked to his dad in over 20 years.  They are taught that family members who are not JW are influences of Satan.

A lot of cults are like that. 

My friend's mom was basically ostracized and told not to attend LDS Temple because she began dating someone outside of the church. Social pressure is key in keeping people believing in that stuff. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

A lot of cults are like that. 

My friend's mom was basically ostracized and told not to attend LDS Temple because she began dating someone outside of the church. Social pressure is key in keeping people believing in that stuff. 

giphy.gif

Was she still married? Was she dating a woman? Was she having sex? Otherwise BS.

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

giphy.gif

Was she still married? Was she dating a woman? Was she having sex? Otherwise BS.

Nope she was divorced, and dating a non-LDS man. As for sex, how would I, or they even know, or go about knowing such a thing? Do you ask unmarried women in your congregation (or whatever your sect calls it) if they are having sex?

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

6 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Nope she was divorced, and dating a non-LDS man. As for sex, how would I, or they even know, or go about knowing such a thing? Do you ask unmarried women in your congregation (or whatever your sect calls it) if they are having sex?

Every temple recommend interview includes a question about whether the applicant keeps the law of chastity. 

Even after a recommend is given, the member can always self-report to a bishop behavior that may not be compatible with a recommend. Then the bishop may take away the recommend or suggest changes in behavior before resuming temple attendance.  

Dating a non-member is not a reason to take away a recommend. 

1 minute ago, roswellcoug said:

Every temple recommend interview includes a question about whether the applicant keeps the law of chastity. 

Even after a recommend is given, the member can always self-report to a bishop behavior that may not be compatible with a recommend. Then the bishop may take away the recommend or suggest changes in behavior before resuming temple attendance.  

Ah, so you're saying she was a whore? Yep, couldn't be that your cult is judgemental and restrictive of social behavior. Must be the whore's fault. 

And before you blow a gasket Rozzie it's not that I have anything against the Mormon church per se. It's probably just as socially exclusionary and controlling as any other close-knit sect. Systematic external codes of sexual behavior have a keen psychological effect on those who buy into them, it's a great way to create an "in-group" that feels almost organic, connected to biology. Of course, in order for a cult to function properly all female sexual capital must be kept within the "in-group", both for pleasure of the patriarch and for reproductive purposes. It's actually ingenious. 

12 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Ah, so you're saying she was a whore? Yep, couldn't be that your cult is judgemental and restrictive of social behavior. Must be the whore's fault. 

And before you blow a gasket Rozzie it's not that I have anything against the Mormon church per se. It's probably just as socially exclusionary and controlling as any other close-knit sect. Systematic external codes of sexual behavior have a keen psychological effect on those who buy into them, it's a great way to create an "in-group" that feels almost organic, connected to biology. Of course, in order for a cult to function properly all female sexual capital must be kept within the "in-group", both for pleasure of the patriarch and for reproductive purposes. It's actually ingenious. 

I have no idea if she's violating the law of chastity. But she is not discouraged from going to the temple just because she's dating a non-member. Something in your story is fishy.

As for the rest, way more men are excommunicated for sex outside marriage than are women. You're full of crap.  

38 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

LOL.........I think you've been talking to too many people that don't know what the hell they are talking about.

15 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

LOL.........I think you've been talking to too many people that don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Actually I just made that up 

I'm high on Ritalin and caffeine grading undergrad papers all night and my brain is producing marvelous things