Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

UW High Altitude Performance Center Topping Out (360) video

Guest Cowboy Junky

You didn't hear, MLS and the city is going to help out the broke ass SDSU booster club, and donate a stadium to SDSU.

9 hours ago, pokebball said:

You guys build a brand new shiny stadium and you put your beer garden on the ground in an endzone?  It should be raised on a deck overlooking the field.  Major fail on your part.

The beer garden is well above endzone level.  It has 3 tiers leading up to the actual bar/tap area.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

It should be raised on a deck overlooking the field.  

What for? Have you been to Coors Field or any other stadium with open concourses? Pretty much the entire concourse is a party deck if you want to grab a beer and stand with your friends. Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see people congregate near the concession stands underneath the scoreboard in the south endzone.

The beer garden is tiered, by the way. 

12 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

What for? Have you been to Coors Field or any other stadium with open concourses? Pretty much the entire concourse is a party deck if you want to grab a beer and stand with your friends. Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see people congregate near the concession stands underneath the scoreboard in the south endzone.

The beer garden is tiered, by the way. 

A deck, or party deck, is exactly what I'm saying it should be.  I'm misunderstanding obviously, because I thought some were saying it is ground level.  do you a picture?  That'll help me get it.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

You guys build a brand new shiny stadium and you put your beer garden on the ground in an endzone?  It should be raised on a deck overlooking the field.  Major fail on your part.

It's not ground level

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

41 minutes ago, pokebball said:

A deck, or party deck, is exactly what I'm saying it should be.  I'm misunderstanding obviously, because I thought some were saying it is ground level.  do you a picture?  That'll help me get it.

No, I think I understand what you're saying. To put an elevated deck in the north endzone wouldn't make any sense. You'd have this huge plateau in the middle of the main entrance plaza. It would defeat the purpose of having an open end towards campus.

They dug down the field, so the main bar area is at ground level and you can walk down a couple tiers of drink rails to field level if you want:

b5MMinE.jpg

If you want more of a bird's eye view, you can just go to the concourse in the south endzone:

JSdxd33.jpg

You make it sound like a beer garden in the endzone is a bad thing, but where would suggest putting it? CSU wants to save the premium sideline locations for the big time donor sections and luxury suites/club/loge boxes. (which all sold out.)

The beer garden is going to generate $240,000 of additional revenue in one of the worst parts of the stadium to watch a game. That's the opposite of a major fail.

Guest Dr. Dre
7 hours ago, pokebball said:

Only those fans that own a stadium should opine on stadium improvements.

I'm not commenting on stadium improvements, but rather your lack of fans and inability to fill them

Guest Dr. Dre
7 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

So true.

well, at least you guys put a nice press box on your turd on a stadium. lipstick on a pig and all

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

You didn't hear, MLS and the city is going to help out the broke ass SDSU booster club, and donate a stadium to SDSU.

not only that, but the stadium that we want!! 

44 minutes ago, 307dude said:

I think the CSU beer garden is pretty bad ass. 

Wyoming is also putting in a beer garden, under the trees in the south end zone, at, ahem, ground level.

Sweet, I like hoppy beers with my funnel cakes --- see you guys this fall!

1 hour ago, 307dude said:

I think the CSU beer garden is pretty bad ass. 

Wyoming is also putting in a beer garden, under the trees in the south end zone, at, ahem, ground level.

In an actual, you know, garden setting...

Personally, I'd like to see a plan for about 10-15 rows of bleacher seating in the south end topped by an indoor-outdoor beer, wine, and food facility all trimmed out in stone the same as the HAPC.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

4 hours ago, FoCoRam said:

Sweet, I like hoppy beers with my funnel cakes --- see you guys this fall!

They're actually having to move the funnel cake stand, but I'm sure it'll be close by. 

Will be pretty cool to have two college football stadium beer gardens 65 miles apart. 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, Wyovanian said:

In an actual, you know, garden setting...

Personally, I'd like to see a plan for about 10-15 rows of bleacher seating in the south end topped by an indoor-outdoor beer, wine, and food facility all trimmed out in stone the same as the HAPC.

LOL!

12 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Which part was funny? No one said, "70 yard IPF."

1. You don't even know what a beer garden is...

2. IPF's are all the difference when it comes to championships right?

3. You're an idiot.