Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

UW High Altitude Performance Center Topping Out (360) video

Guest Dr. Dre
10 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Clearly...

Like I said. We'll be fine. That's all you need to know. Go to bed. That sanitation spray is making you even dumber than seemingly possible. Say high to that chimp of a wife you got too. Tell her I've got all the bananas she can eat the next time she's in SD

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

Like I said. We'll be fine. That's all you need to know. Go to bed. That sanitation spray is making you even dumber than seemingly possible.

Okay dude who comments on anything related to Wyoming.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, LaradiseCowboy said:

Okay dude who comments on anything related to Wyoming.

And everyone can tell how it bothers you. Someone around here has to drive home just how unimportant WHYome is, how they bring virtually NOTHING to the conference, and how better off some of us would be by divorcing ourselves from you. I'm more than happy to carry that flag.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

And everyone can tell how it bothers you. Someone around here has to drive home just how unimportant WHYome is, how they bring virtually NOTHING to the conference, and how better off some of us would be by divorcing ourselves from you. I'm more than happy to carry that flag.

Carry that flag buddy. Carry it with pride!

IMG_1074.PNG.1889b44b73f8b7577ff4cda13f7036fd.PNG

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

5 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

According to the UW Facilities Planning Office it's this one.  There is no arch style roof shown here nor in the construction photos.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a802b4ecb8928f00f864085a20b738e4.jpg

Image result for university of wyoming high altitude performance center

Holy shiit that's hideous. Wyoming really can't get away from poop and pee

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

19 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

Holy shiit that's hideous. Wyoming really can't get away from poop and pee

You guys build a brand new shiny stadium and you put your beer garden on the ground in an endzone?  It should be raised on a deck overlooking the field.  Major fail on your part.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

So WYO is putting a new weight/training facility inside War Memorial stadium?

That seems like rather pricey real estate to use up for a weight room.

I guess when you are from WYO, you don't worry about land.  There are 98K square miles of uninhabited land to choose from.

Guest Cowboy Junky
8 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

So WYO is putting a new weight/training facility inside War Memorial stadium?

That seems like rather pricey real estate to use up for a weight room.

I guess when you are from WYO, you don't worry about land.  There are 98K square miles of uninhabited land to choose from.

All the hypothetical stadium expansion scenarios for Wyoming involve a horse shoe, with seating in the south end zone. That didn't change.

10 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Hope it turns out better than the graphic design lol. Now I'm curious as to what happened to this?!?

IMG_1073.thumb.JPG.8017cdd99edf5c56a8ada986fe35a1a9.JPG

A lot of folks felt the arched roof smacked too much of quonset.

The current design incorporates some of the architecture of historical buildings on campus. Reminds me a lot of the Engineering Hall...

Image result for engineering hall laramie

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Guest Dr. Dre
10 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

All the hypothetical stadium expansion scenarios for Wyoming involve a horse shoe

that in actuality would never come close to being needed

Guest Cowboy Junky

Funny how all the conference haters are trying to belittle the end of 75 million of athletics facilities improvements over the last 2 years and over 120 million in football and basketball facilities in the last 8 years.

It's not like Wyoming is sitting on our hands.

The year of the Cowboy starts with the unveiling of a new facility and kicks off basketball with the unveiling of another.

And we get to drink beer to boot(although I stopped drinking five years ago, cheers go out to my Cowboy buddies).

Go Cowboys.

Slainte!

17 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

At some point all that red iron will have sandstone, lights glass, people.....etc. Of course it looks bad now. It's a construction site. That never looks as good as a bunch of big trees.

Image result for high altitude performance center

I had been hoping that they would finish the outside with Casper Formation sandstone, like the classic campus core.  Should be nice when it's all said and done.

12 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Based on the steel framework in the above construction pics I don't think this rendering is what's being built.  I thought the final design is what is shown in the pic below.

Image result for university of wyoming high altitude performance center

That's awesome.  Looks like a modern rendition of the Arts and Sciences Building.

4825926240_aaeaa77cf2.jpg