Warbow

OT: I did my DNA test on ancestry

23 hours ago, just_chris said:

That's incredible, yeah opening the history of your family is one amazing journey. Just on one branch of the tree I found that I had a 2nd great uncle who was blinded in the Battle of the Somme and was honored in Birkenhead (outside of Liverpool) by unveiling the WWI Memorial for the area. His name is forever inscribed on the memorial as having been the one to unveil it. I've also discovered another 2nd great uncle was knighted by the queen and his son actually served on a ship in WWII that was the basis for a movie that starred Steve McQueen although the story is a little sketchy as far as Hollywood goes. I've found many 2nd great aunts and uncles were born in Pakistan, and India due to my 3rd great grandfather serving in the British military. He fought in Ethiopia, Crimea and then in India. When I think about that it's amazing he wasn't killed. 

I've only been able to get back to my grandfather's grandfather on his dad's side (where my last name comes from) because apparently many of the records for Pendlebury (outside Manchester UK) where destroyed in a flood of some sort. I've always known my grandfather's brother received a medal form the POTUS even though he served in the British Merchant Navy (I know because I have the medal) . It's something I'll pass down to my son when he is old enough. 

My mom's side is where I'd love to dig deep because I know my great grandfather was mobbed up, we don't know the whole story which is what I'd love to find out but we believe he was killed by Lucky Luciano, maybe not personally but Luciano might have ordered the hit. 

Sounds like you've got a weekend full of feature films in your family history.  So interesting.  Oh, and maybe you best be a bit careful in digging too deep on your mom's side.  You never know what you're getting yourself into there!  :D

[post-edit: I always enjoyed hearing some of the old stories that my gal's father used to tell me about when he was growing up in San Francisco back in the day.  Those Italian immigrants really stuck together.  He liked to embellish sometimes, but he could sure weave a great tale.  He passed away a couple of years ago, at age 87.  He lived a vibrant life, but I still really miss him.] 

9 hours ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

I am testing with 23andme and waiting for results. Supposedly 50% Polish (fck you) and 50% (fck you too). We shall see. I imagine I'm a mishmash of European. 

How many Las Vegas Rebs does it take to change a light bulb.....

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I always pegged you as more Denesovanian.

There's lots of stories out there how you came to be. Your daddy went on one of his beastiality binges and snuck up behind an unsuspecting girly bronco and gave it his business. Later on when the horsey refused to have an abortion, your dad decided to just go for the guy bronco's from then on to avoid half breeds like you from being born. You kind of have that half horse, half non-divergent super happy Eddie Vedder wannabe thing going on. I've always imagined you as a super sad EV like when he wasted 25 million suing Ticketmaster and lost.

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

I am testing with 23andme and waiting for results. Supposedly 50% Polish (fck you) and 50% Irish (fck you too). We shall see. I imagine I'm a mishmash of European. 

Once Ancestry DNA and 23andme customers get their results, they should transfer their autosomal DNA for free to family tree dna: 

https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer

You can increase your chances of a match. 

Guest Dr. Dre
43 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The truth is Idaho would have an excellent chance of beating you this year if you were on their schedule. So I wouldn't get so cocky Dr. Dick.

LOL. Nevada maybe. But they belong in FCS too. We'd go through Idaho like VP97's wife through a herd of wild ponies.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

LOL. Nevada maybe. But they belong in FCS too. We'd go through Idaho like VP97's wife through a herd of wild ponies.

Please, please baby Jesus . . .you owe me one . . . please let us play SDSU in a bowl next year.*  Please.  It's our last hurrah.  Just get both teams on the same field, we'll handle the rest.  They don't have Pumphrey to carry them anymore and Dre would lose his shit if we had eternal scoreboard.  Just get both teams there.  We'll crush them and hear the lamentations of their wimminz.... In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti...

* Boise State takes priority.

Guest Dr. Dre
21 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Please, please baby Jesus . . .you owe me one . . . please let us play SDSU in a bowl next year.

Sorry, we've already got an FCS Team scheduled, and Idaho won't win 5 games next for a bowl. But on another topic, you got your Big Sky message board account all set up?

46 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Sorry, we've already got an FCS Team scheduled, and Idaho won't win 5 games next for a bowl. But on another topic, you got your Big Sky message board account all set up?

I don't think Fcs got any bowls 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I don't think Fcs got any bowls 

2017 is their last hurrah in FBS. I just equate them to an FCS team already 

7 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Once Ancestry DNA and 23andme customers get their results, they should transfer their autosomal DNA for free to family tree dna: 

https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer

You can increase your chances of a match. 

As long as I don't get baptised post mortem. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Sorry douche-nozzle, we're FBS next year and if you dicks and we dicks can put together bowl seasons, there's a chance that wannabe trailer-park elite posters like you will be feverishly watching Idaho game tape, hoping to find a way to save face.  You lost Pumphrey, so you're not really up there with the higher echelon BSU/CSU/Air Force/SJSU/Nevada/Fresno crowd anymore.  You're soft.  You're basically ten-ply shit tickets, man.