OT: I did my DNA test on ancestry

25 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Senegal 4%

europe west 17%

irelend 9%

italy 9%

great Britain 8.5%

damn I'm a fricken haole 

Don't feel bad.  Your mom most likely got nailed by a Cowboy visiting.  And your Hawaiian dad, well he loves your mom.  

Now you know how Colorado men feel. 

3 minutes ago, slappy said:

Don't feel bad.  Your mom most likely got nailed by a Cowboy visiting.  And your Hawaiian dad, well he loves your mom.  

Now you know how Colorado men feel. 

Get real man.  We get our coaches and women from the SEC.  Got no time for the inbred Poke offerings.

Nm

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

7 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

are you ron jeremy cuz?

I'm mostly bodinki

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:12 PM, Warbow said:

What you hiding cuz? Test doesn't work on transgenders 

I'm not hiding shit, I'm just saying I don't want my genetic sequence out there for other nations to weaponize, clone and/or otherwise exploit for free.

20 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I'm not hiding shit, I'm just saying I don't want my genetic sequence out there for other nations to weaponize, clone and/or otherwise exploit for free.

Yet you're perfectly comfortable with leaving large deposits of your DNA in Dre's mom on a frequent basis? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
30 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yet you're perfectly comfortable with leaving large deposits of your DNA in Dre's mom on a frequent basis? 

How's your wife? She left her panties, and a terrible smell

On 4/19/2017 at 1:45 PM, Warbow said:

I'm all mixed up

Scandinavian is the largest percentage 24%

Iberian Peninsula (Spain) is next at 13%

Native American at 7%

Does it specifically say Spain? Portugal is part of the Iberian Peninsula as well and I've heard lots of Portuguese immigrated to Hawaii

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

6 minutes ago, just_chris said:

Does it specifically say Spain? Portugal is part of the Iberian Peninsula as well and I've heard lots of Portuguese immigrated to Hawaii

I assumed it to be Spain since I got some in my family tree that came from Puerto Rico via Spain 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, Warbow said:

you could have a half brother or sister somewhere. click on your aunts matches to yours, whoever is not on her list and on yours is most likely related to your father.

Good call, I went back and checked it out and it found a first cousin from my biological dads side.

9 minutes ago, just_chris said:

It doesn't specify, but you can figure it out most of the time based on other things. Like for me, my biological father was Puerto Rican, so I can reasonably assume the majority of my Iberian Peninsula heritage is Spanish.

8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

It doesn't specify, but you can figure it out most of the time based on other things. Like for me, my biological father was Puerto Rican, so I can reasonably assume the majority of my Iberian Peninsula heritage is Spanish.

I've thought about doing it because my grandmother was from Sicily and almost everybody in Sicily came from North Africa or the Middle East so it'd be cool to find out if I had any Arab or Moorish ancestry. I have done a lot of genealogical research on my grandfather's mother's side and discovered that my great great great grandfather married a woman who we believe was either Afghan, Paki, or Middle Eastern as they married in India but when I asked my friend who was Indian he said the name was not Indian. 

I get a lot of those hints on Ancestry but I've never paid for it, I know based on names showing up in other people's trees I'm able to do more research and dig deeper but I've also found some resources online that are free that I can find. I've actually connected with a my dad's 2nd cousin in the UK via this manner. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

11 minutes ago, just_chris said:

I've thought about doing it because my grandmother was from Sicily and almost everybody in Sicily came from North Africa or the Middle East so it'd be cool to find out if I had any Arab or Moorish ancestry. I have done a lot of genealogical research on my grandfather's mother's side and discovered that my great great great grandfather married a woman who we believe was either Afghan, Paki, or Middle Eastern as they married in India but when I asked my friend who was Indian he said the name was not Indian. 

I get a lot of those hints on Ancestry but I've never paid for it, I know based on names showing up in other people's trees I'm able to do more research and dig deeper but I've also found some resources online that are free that I can find. I've actually connected with a my dad's 2nd cousin in the UK via this manner. 

I can trace relatives back to the early 1700's in the Netherlands 

i got scared for a second, I thought Hitler was going to show up at one point

6 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i keep re-checking mines but only primates show up. 

You suppose to spit in the tube not shit in it

6 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i keep re-checking mines but only primates show up. 

Yeah, mine comes in 100% Thor, God of Thunder.  Don't know what to make of that.

11 hours ago, just_chris said:

I've resisted doing the Ancestry test myself due to the privacy issues. That Agreement thingamabob that you sign off on is a real piece of work.  Generally speaking, however, Ancestry is a very good genealogical resource that you should seriously consider trying out and tapping more into (insert Dre's momma joke here).  

I've been working on several Trees over the last 3+ years.  It's addicting.  Some of the discoveries that you make are pretty cool, like discovering that my maternal great-grandfather was a doctor up in Canada.  Like many, I'm sure, I'm primarily a UK runt (English, Irish, Scottish), but finding some of the specifics are really interesting, such as which Scottish clan(s) you came from going way back, etc. (some of those families were real ass-kickers).

My gal is Italian and doing her family research has been really interesting, too.  It's sort of humorous how some of the family stories that are passed down the generations can be so inaccurate.   You mention your grandmother being from Sicily.  Well, one of the stories in her family was that her maternal grandfather, too, was from there.   Not so fast my friend...

I've done all the research and have also taught myself some Italian.  In doing so, I have been able to mine hundreds and hundreds of Italian Birth, Marriage and Death Records (requires a pretty expensive Ancestry World Account).  Long story short, her maternal grandfather was most definitely not Sicilian.  Instead, he hailed from the Province of Potenza.  Southern Italian, sure, but not Sicilian.  I have numerous support records that go back to the early 1800's, which also reference HIS ancestors (parents) from the mid-to-late 1700's, so my conclusions are pretty much bullet-proof there.  All from that comune in Potenza.

Anyway, the free resources that you mention are a good complement to Ancestry.  My $0.02 would be to go with a larger community like Ancestry first, but to each his or her own (is only $7.00 or $8.00 per month).  Back to the original topic, one day I will probably do the DNA test, but maybe thru 23andMe, etc., first...