Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

First Dreamer Deported

17 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

Sorry - fify!

So we only deport illegal immigrants when English isn't their first language?

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Right now, yes I do.

Yeah it's almost like federal agencies have a long history of being way, way more concerned with cya than facts

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

From his own lawyers!

22. After being removed to Mexicali, Mr. Montes contacted the friend in whose car he had left his wallet. This friend drove across the border and brought Mr. Montes his wallet. Another family friend delivered some clothes, and Mr. Montes spent the day at a friend’s house in Mexicali. 23. One or two nights after he was physically removed, Mr. Montes left his friend’s house at around 10:00 p.m. because he had planned to stay with family who also lived in Mexicali. On his way there, Mr. Montes was approached by two men. One man wrapped his arm around Mr. Montes’ neck and held a blade to his back, while the other man grabbed Mr. Montes’ suitcase, which contained his clothes. Mr. Montes tried to run away, but he fell. The two men caught up to Mr. Montes and began kicking his back and legs while he was on the ground. 24. After this attack, Mr. Montes was shaken and feared for his life. He did not know what to do, but he knew he needed to be safe. Having left his wallet and phone at his friend’s house in Mexicali, he returned for those items, which had not been in his bag and thus had not been stolen. On or about February 19, 2017, Mr. Montes attempted to return to the United States. He hid for about a half an hour after crossing into the United States, but when he saw CBP officers he feared for his safety and turned himself in."

This guy sure leaves his wallet a lot "with friends." Waiting for a taxi! Carrying a suitcase! All without his wallet (and presumably cash). And without a phone!

And he must really like leaving friends' houses at 10 PM. And can't remember if it was one or two nights after he was supposedly deported?

So, again, which story is more believable? Mexican who never has his wallet, or USCIS which says it has no record of him being deported the first time?

I think he crossed the border into Mexicali and invented this story when he discovered he couldn't get back in legally.  

Regardless of how stupid he may be it doesn't change the fact ICE failed to provide him a chance to prove his DACA status and he never voluntarily left the country.

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So we only deport illegal immigrants when English isn't their first language?

Hey, the guy in Calexico was PROFILED! He looked Hispanic and he was right at the border!

I had to get something similar for a Canadian, so I made him Quebecois with a beret. Perfect stereotyping for PROFILING!

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Regardless of how stupid he may be it doesn't change the fact ICE failed to provide him a chance to prove his DACA status and he never voluntarily left the country.

We don't have the resources to establish laws and procedures for the "lowest common denominator" among us, do we?

Ultimately, he got his chance to prove his DACA status.  His stupidity contributed to the process.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Si

Oui?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What "fact"? Just because he made the claim that he was deported the first time, unsupported by the files of the Feds?

Or is this like that "fact" about the harassing goons from the Placer County GOP?

44 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

He should have his paperwork on him....like carrying a license. 3 hours, to me, is plenty of time to provide the information. Just how long do you suggest they give someone? Or do you think they should have let him go hoping he would come back with the paperwork that didn't seem to exist? Here were are almost two months out......has he provided proof yet?? It sure doesn't sound like it. 

5 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

He should have his paperwork on him....like carrying a license. 3 hours, to me, is plenty of time to provide the information. Just how long do you suggest they give someone? Or do you think they should have let him go hoping he would come back with the paperwork that didn't seem to exist? Here were are almost two months out......has he provided proof yet?? It sure doesn't sound like it. 

Clearly he has or ICE wouldn't have changed their story.  Guess in your world all hispanics better carry their papers less they be subject to instant deportation.  Didn't realize we have become a papers state where the government can deport you on-site without any due process to verify your status.

14 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Turns our ICE has back pedaled.   He did have DACA status which they never let him go get his paperwork to prove.   Clearly they never bothered to check "their system" in their rush to deport him if their system was even accurate.  It is amazing you can be so +++++ing wrong on this topic and still act like you know what the +++++ you are talking about.

Perhaps the ridiculous story you shouldn't believe is ICE which are trying to cover their ass for yet again ignoring basic due process.

Oh, so we're throwing out bad words about it now? Noted. 

I was going on the information I had. Now that it turns out that they have discovered that his extension through 2018, then I'll admit that makes the situation more of a mess. That being said, I don't believe a word of Juan's story. I agree with Rosewellcoug's assessment...I think he crossed the border and realized he was f'ed and things went sideways from there.

But, as I've asked before, what do you believe would constitute sufficient due process? How long do they give someone? What responsibility does a DREAMER have? Should they carry paperwork with them? Certainly it is reasonable to expect someone to have their wallet or ID with them.

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Clearly he has or ICE wouldn't have changed their story.  Guess in your world all hispanics better carry their papers less they be subject to instant deportation.  Didn't realize we have become a papers state where the government can deport you on-site without any due process to verify your status.

He wasn't in Omaha! He was in Calexico, on the border with Mexico. Without ID or papers! 

hollie-s-hotel-and-suites-map.gif

He is required by law to have those "papers" with him. It is especially risky to be without them within 100 MILES of an international border.

2 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

From his own lawyers!

22. After being removed to Mexicali, Mr. Montes contacted the friend in whose car he had left his wallet. This friend drove across the border and brought Mr. Montes his wallet. Another family friend delivered some clothes, and Mr. Montes spent the day at a friend’s house in Mexicali. 23. One or two nights after he was physically removed, Mr. Montes left his friend’s house at around 10:00 p.m. because he had planned to stay with family who also lived in Mexicali. On his way there, Mr. Montes was approached by two men. One man wrapped his arm around Mr. Montes’ neck and held a blade to his back, while the other man grabbed Mr. Montes’ suitcase, which contained his clothes. Mr. Montes tried to run away, but he fell. The two men caught up to Mr. Montes and began kicking his back and legs while he was on the ground. 24. After this attack, Mr. Montes was shaken and feared for his life. He did not know what to do, but he knew he needed to be safe. Having left his wallet and phone at his friend’s house in Mexicali, he returned for those items, which had not been in his bag and thus had not been stolen. On or about February 19, 2017, Mr. Montes attempted to return to the United States. He hid for about a half an hour after crossing into the United States, but when he saw CBP officers he feared for his safety and turned himself in."

This guy sure leaves his wallet a lot "with friends." Waiting for a taxi! Carrying a suitcase! All without his wallet (and presumably cash). And without a phone!

And he must really like leaving friends' houses at 10 PM. And can't remember if it was one or two nights after he was supposedly deported?

So, again, which story is more believable? Mexican who never has his wallet, or USCIS which says it has no record of him being deported the first time?

I think he crossed the border into Mexicali and invented this story when he discovered he couldn't get back in legally.  

link?

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I don't know...has he? I don't know if he provided the papers or DHS found it. His lawyers certainly never stated that they have provided the information to ICE or to DHS. This has nothing to do with being Hispanic. My grandfather came to this country from Europe and was subject to the same laws. They existed back then and though you might not have realized it, the US (and most countries) do require you to carry proof of your identity and status. 

5 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

He wasn't in Omaha! He was in Calexico, on the border with Mexico. Without ID or papers! 

hollie-s-hotel-and-suites-map.gif

He is required by law to have those "papers" with him. It is especially risky to be without them within 100 MILES of an international border.

I don't even have any papers, and sometimes I get confused for being Hispanic. Does that mean I should stay away from Calexico?

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Oh, so we're throwing out bad words about it now? Noted. 

I was going on the information I had. Now that it turns out that they have discovered that his extension through 2018, then I'll admit that makes the situation more of a mess. That being said, I don't believe a word of Juan's story. I agree with Rosewellcoug's assessment...I think he crossed the border and realized he was f'ed and things went sideways from there.

But, as I've asked before, what do you believe would constitute sufficient due process? How long do they give someone? What responsibility does a DREAMER have? Should they carry paperwork with them? Certainly it is reasonable to expect someone to have their wallet or ID with them.

Well ICE has proven it certainly takes longer than the hour or so they spent trying (if they even did try) to verify his status before shoving the Hispanic guy over the border.   He just as easily could have been a US citizen.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

I don't know...has he? I don't know if he provided the papers or DHS found it. His lawyers certainly never stated that they have provided the information to ICE or to DHS. This has nothing to do with being Hispanic. My grandfather came to this country from Europe and was subject to the same laws. They existed back then and though you might not have realized it, the US (and most countries) do require you to carry proof of your identity and status. 

Once again Slapdad makes a statement that is blatantly false.  First it's the super fast, super accurate immigration checking system that apparently failed.  Now it's the legal requirement to carry an ID. 

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/02/do-you-have-to-carry-id-with-you-at-all-times.html

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Once again Slapdad makes a statement that is blatantly false.  First it's the super fast, super accurate immigration checking system that apparently failed.  Now it's the legal requirement to carry an ID. 

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/02/do-you-have-to-carry-id-with-you-at-all-times.html

DACA folks are REQUIRED to carry proof of their status. This poor guy kept leaving his wallet with "friends."