Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

TV contracts for the AAC

So admittedly, I have not been working hard today. 

Check out this thread on the AAC Board. These people think they will get $5 to $10 million a year in their next TV contract

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-815733-post-14274987.html#pid14274987

I want to do business with them.....I think I could take all their money. They are that delusional.

Back to work for me.

I like how they refer to themselves as the P6 and us the G4. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think they do it partly in jest. But yes, they are buying into their own propaganda. Then again, you cannot blame them for that. 

At the end of the day, everyone knows it is silly.

22 minutes ago, suralexander said:

$5m is pretty realistic.

Not with the Tv networks bleeding cash. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Lying to ourselves is more deeply ingrained than lying to others.  -- Fyodor Dostoevsky

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

I think they'll get a better deal than us, and I think the next time negotiations come calling, we'll end up settling for care packages of bread and prizon style rations.

If only the AAC didn't add stupid cocksucker Tulane.  That totally ruined everything.....

New-Signature.jpg

50 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I think they'll get a better deal than us, and I think the next time negotiations come calling, we'll end up settling for care packages of bread and prizon style rations.

If only the AAC didn't add stupid cocksucker Tulane.  That totally ruined everything.....

Sure, they will get $3 to $3.5 million, and we will get $2 to $2.5 million.

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

When does all this get settled?

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Definitely a good barometer to gauge where we will be.

American - 2019-2020

MW - 2020-2021

18 hours ago, fanhood said:

So admittedly, I have not been working hard today. 

Check out this thread on the AAC Board. These people think they will get $5 to $10 million a year in their next TV contract

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-815733-post-14274987.html#pid14274987

I want to do business with them.....I think I could take all their money. They are that delusional.

Back to work for me.

look at your own screen name as the word fan comes from the word fanatic. are you honestly surprised that a bunch of fanatics are overestimating their worth?

what else are they supposed to do til football practice starts?

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

look at your own screen name as the word fan comes from the word fanatic. are you honestly surprised that a bunch of fanatics are overestimating their worth?

what else are they supposed to do til football practice starts?

So give us your honest appriasal - you guys'll be getting like 1.35 each, right?

Serious question: musent at least half of you secretly hate Tulane for destroying the potential west-division/merger?

New-Signature.jpg

I was granted amnesty and my posting privileges were restored so I gave my opinion over there.

I expect next year ESPN will offer us something like adding 3 years to the deal (5 years total) for 130 million total or roughly 2.17 million per team...we're not going to get much more...we won't get a long term deal as ESPN knows it will all blow up in 2024 when the Big XII deal ends.

and we'll gladly take it.

I've given the same opinion here...I feel espn will throw us a tiny bone to hold us over until it all blows up in 2024

for the record: road trips to Tulane are freaking sweet.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

That board is hysterical.

The posters in that thread, for the most part, are doomed to disappointment. 

$3 mil is the ceiling. As has been noted innumerable times, it's not enough to be in a market, the program has to own it or at least be a force.

It will be interesting to see how Houston responds to losing Hermann.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"