Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

Arizona Bowl.....

5 hours ago, Scooter said:

Again, CSU is academically well above most of the Schools in this conference and in media market size, enrollment, endowment, # of schools within the University (areas of study + amount of Masters, Doctorate and PhD programs) and more on par or exceeding some Big 12 and PAC 12 schools.  I said earlier we need more wins in FB but we have more than held our own in this league winning 3 conference titles.

This post is ridiculous. I won't deny that CSU is one of the better schools academically in the conference, but to act like you aren't with your peers is silly. By your own criteria listed(from USNews):

-CSU has the 4th largest endowment

-CSU has the 4th largest undergraduate enrollment

-Media market is tough to show statistically (how much is captured), but obviously CSU isn't the largest market in the conference.

-Too lazy to look up number of areas of study, but not having a med school puts you behind some of your supposed "non-peers".

2 hours ago, bigd said:

This post is ridiculous. I won't deny that CSU is one of the better schools academically in the conference, but to act like you aren't with your peers is silly. By your own criteria listed(from USNews):

-Media market is tough to show statistically (how much is captured), but obviously CSU isn't the largest market in the conference.

-Too lazy to look up number of areas of study, but obviously not having a med school puts you behind some of your supposed "non-peers".

But I heard that a lot of people where CSU gear in airports, which makes them Big 12 worthy by itself.

12 hours ago, RogueStout said:

What does that have to do with you sharing a Conference for the foreseeable future with us?

THATS GOTTA STING

lmfao

It doesn't.  The point was we are NOT peers with Boise JUCO or most of this league.  The only reason most of you are here is because better schools left.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

11 hours ago, bigd said:

-Too lazy to look up number of areas of study, but not having a med school puts you behind some of your supposed "non-peers".

Ridiculous?  What isn't true that I posted?

17 hours ago, Scooter said:

CSU was a finalist for Big 12 expansion.

Boise wasn't even on the list.

Along with a dozen other schools.  And y'all were not one of the favorites.  If calling yourself a 'finalist' makes you feel better, fine.  

16 hours ago, Scooter said:

Sorry you are so Butthurt but it's pretty simple really.  

There was a list of 6 schools that the Big 12 interviewed and seriously considered for expansion.  CSU was on that list.

Supposedly Boise turned in an application to be considered.  It was promptly thrown in the trash.

Look man, this is nothing new.  It was all over the media and interewebs last summer.  go read it.

It was a lot more than 6, chief.  More like 20.  It was in all the papers.  And Boise's biggest problem is geography.  240 million isnt going to fix that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 hours ago, fanhood said:

I still cannot believe somebody is bragging about being a "Finalist" in the Big 12 'expansion' debacle. The one where the deemed all teams completely unworthy, and actually stated that none of them bring value. Weird. Almost as weird as the AAC board rediculing the MW for being the old WAC when literally 8 of their 12 teams were in CUSA. It's almost like people in this world refuse to look in a mirror.

It's a FACT that CSU was given a good look by the Big 12 and met with the expansion committee (Boren, Bowlsby and Gordon Gee) along with 5 other schools.

Boise and other MW schools (if they applied) were thrown in the trash and not considered for membership.  Is this so hard to understand?

14 hours ago, Scooter said:

????  Tell me one thing I said that was false.

That sucks.....limiting people to just one.....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Along with a dozen other schools.  And y'all were not one of the favorites.  If calling yourself a 'finalist' makes you feel better, fine.  

It was a lot more than 6, chief.  More like 20.  It was in all the papers.  And Boise's biggest problem is geography.  240 million isnt going to fix that.

There were 6 finalists.  CSU was one of them.

Boise's problems are many.  First and foremost is that it is a GARBAGE UNIVERSITY.  Your problems are way beyond "geography" LOL!!

Just saw where scooter claimed Air Force and Tulane were 2 of the final 6.

So that confirms this is schtick, since there never was a final 6.  And because nobody is that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Scooter said:

There were 6 finalists.  CSU was one of them.

Boise's problems are many.  First and foremost is that is a GARBAGE UNIVERSITY.  Your problems are way beyond "geography" LOL!!

"YOUR"?

My school was ACCEPTED by the Big 12.  That was in all the papers, too.  I just come back here occasionally to be amused by clowns like you.  So, thank you.

25 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It's a FACT that CSU was given a good look by the Big 12 and met with the expansion committee (Boren, Bowlsby and Gordon Gee) along with 5 other schools.

Boise and other MW schools (if they applied) were thrown in the trash and not considered for membership.  Is this so hard to understand?

Whatever gets you to sleep at night princess. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

13 hours ago, Scooter said:

Please tell me a school that has invested in athletic facilities more than CSU has in this conference.  I'm dying to hear this one.

87511-Im-your-Huckleberry-gif-Val-Ki-t2bx[1].gif

Indoor practice facility (full sized, by the way) $11,000,000

High Altitude Performance Center $44,000,000

AA Renovation $30,000,000

Corbett Pool Expansion $21,000,000

Half Acre Gym Renovation $27,000,000

War Memorial Stadium Upgrades $26,400,000 - New Turf & Scoreboards $3,500,000

Rochelle Athletics Center $9,400,000

Grand Total: $172,300,000

Amount of debt accrued: Zero

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but Junky will help me out ;)

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

22 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

MWC number what and SBC number what?

I'm curious because I want to know just exactly how close the SBC now is to the Molehill Worst.

Hasn't been released but with how bowls are today unless you are a champion most bowls will only put MWC vs. Sun Belt............MWC vs. Pac-12..............SEC vs. Big Ten........Now in the line of the conference for placing teams probably will be near the bottom for MWC. If not the last MWC team.

Guest #1Stunner
23 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

The date this year for the game will be December 30th between MWC and Sun Belt. 

It will be televised by CBS Sports Network

18 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Damn.  I won't be able to see it unless it will still be streamed with Campus Insiders.   Glad they didn't go with ESPN and move the date to pre-Christmas.

I like the ASN broadcast

Is this the Bowl that is owned by the Mountain West Conference, that @MWC Tex said was going to be huge for the MWC?   It is one of Hair Thompson's pet projects?

It is something really funny when someone is so excited at being a "finalist" for something which wasn't going to happen as the process continued. 

Big 12 met with: BYU, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, South Florida, C. Florida, UConn, Memphis, Colorado St, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Tulane, Boise St, Northern Illinois, San Diego St, Air Force, SMU and Arkansas St. 

With the preferred schools being: BYU, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, Memphis, C. Florida and S. Florida. 

But the fact is..........if someone was interested in getting Colorado St as an expansion candidate, they would have already been chosen.

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Is this the Bowl that is owned by the Mountain West Conference, that @MWC Tex said was going to be huge for the MWC?   It is one of Hair Thompson's pet projects?

Well this is the Arizona Bowl that which I think is in its third year but I don't know if MWC owns this bowl or not.

17 hours ago, Scooter said:

FACT:  CSU was a Big 12 Finalist.

FACT:  CSU is not peers with the majority of MW schools.

FACT:  CSU has positioned itself very favorably for the next round of CFB expansion.

Assuming in your second fact you mean academically, everything above is accurate.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Every one of those is an opinion.

There were no "finalists" in Big 12 expansion. Know why? There WAS NO BIG 12 Expansion.

CSU shares a Conference with it's peer schools and Athletic programs. If we weren't your peers, we wouldn't be in he same Conference. 

The next "Conference Expansion" will have to be the AAC adding schools if you guys are a leader. We already dipped our toe in and noped out. Good luck! I hear Tulane is a real up and comer! ?

Why fanhood seems to think you've won this debate is inexplicable.

The mere fact the B12 didn't add anyone doesn't mean "finalists" weren't announced prior to the vote on the matter. Your school "applied" if that's the right word as did SDSU and UNM and maybe a couple other MWC schools but only CSU was announced as a finalist. You can dispute that all day long and into the night but the CSU guy is correct about that.

As to academic peers, it's an absolute farce for any Boise fan to say their school is the equal of CSU. As far as I know your school still isn't even considered to be a "national" university. Hell, even Fresno has now risen to that level. CSU isn't just a "national" university, the research dollars its faculty bring in makes it a "Tier 1" national university. No other member of this woebegone conference is at that level, although SDSU is closing in on Tier 1 status and will likely obtain it within the next decade.

Sorry but all Boise has going for it when the B12 leftovers consider expansion is your football program. So you damn well better keep piling up double digit win seasons or your school could easily be SOL when the time comes.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Just saw where scooter claimed Air Force and Tulane were 2 of the final 6.

So that confirms this is schtick, since there never was a final 6.  And because nobody is that stupid.

I'm pretty sure AFA was not one of the announced finalists but I'm almost positive Tulane was. And lol at Boise for that reason.

Can there be two more polar opposite G5 schools than Boise and Tulane? One has great football and terrible academics whereas the other has terrible football and great academics. So I don't know who you root for but if it's Boise and you hope to have your school get into the B12 you might want to advocate that your administration start giving steroids to the academic side.

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

I love Csu fans. I'm sure the b12 is in awe of their 28k football stadium. Serious question. Who will pop their mw cherry first. San Jose or the rammies?

I love BSU fans who have difficulty with simple facts. Symptom of a subpar education. Sad!