FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

16 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

FF is sure triggered this morning

:rotflmfao:

13 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

its a lonely guy that can create memes at such a rate.

LOL! I love it man.

Kustra re-engineered the conference he tried for years to separate from. He was right to chase the Big East, but in doing so he created a vacuum.

The MWC he left wasn't the MWC he re-entered. Consequently, he tried to mitigate the damage by plundering a lot of poorly funded programs. The budgets of the modern MWC have cratered. Imagine if BYU's Olympics had been added instead of, say, SJSU... lmao. Just the drag that would have been avoided would have helped a lot.

Instead, his return as the overlord to an MWC slum coincidentally coincided with a rising budgetary tide in the conference he left, which has propelled them to BCS trophies and basketball titles.

Kustra is stuck now in a quagmire of his own creation. He may as well start up new programs. The quality of play in the MWC has just gotten so bad - across the board.  

I LOVE the guy. He was the proverbial Trojan horse.

4FlDETF.jpg

• Like 2

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well we certainly thank you for your interest in Mountain West athletics.  It is a touching tribute, a roast of love, if you will.  :cheers:

The law of unintended consequences holds a bit of a fascination... and levity. The MWC message board scratches that itch.

For instance, when San Diego State fans or Boise State fans are losing their shit now about the potential AAC contract, that's good shit! :cheers:

While they calculate the numbers in their heads, the shrinkage comes through with each keystroke.

How can you not let that whine breathe...? And just sit back, and comtemplate..

• Like 2

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

On 3/21/2017 at 8:26 PM, LaradiseCowboy said:

I've personally met many people who have either lived in Hawaii or are from there. None of them follow Hawaii athletics. They're there, but nobody really takes them seriously.

I do agree though that Wyoming doesn't really fit the mold to be associated with west coast teams. Wyoming is a blue collar brand and would fit in much better with brands like Nebraska, K State, Iowa, Oklahoma St., etc. But that is irrelevant and for now we'll have to make due with the MW.

X-cuse me while I pick myself up off the floor and wipe the tears from my eyes...

WYO's Athletic Department and Programs are far more like USU, CSU, AFA, UNM, SJSU, Fresno St., Nevada, UNLV, et. al., than they are like B12 or B10 programs.

Are you joking?  You need to lay off the hallucinogens and psychotropic drugs.

UW has a middle of the road MWC level overall budget AND they rely heavily on institional support as a primary funding mechanism for their programs.

They are so MWC, they put the MWC mountains on their dad-gummed field!!

As long as we're into projecting wild hyperbole, I wnt to go on record as stating that Utah State is more like Cal, UCLA,and Arizona, than than we are like UNM, WYO, or CSEwe.

57 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

FF is sure triggered this morning

:rotflmfao:

53 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

its a lonely guy that can create memes at such a rate.

This is why I scoff at the notion of @FormerFrog being a @#1Stunner sock.

These memes and the generally low-brow trolling is way too banal and hackneyed. 

• Like 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

25 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

The law of unintended consequences holds a bit of a fascination... and levity. The MWC message board scratches that itch.

For instance, when San Diego State fans or Boise State fans are losing their shit now about the potential AAC contract, that's good shit! :cheers:

While they calculate the numbers in their heads, the shrinkage comes through with each keystroke.

How can you not let that whine breathe...? And just sit back, and comtemplate..

Thank you for clarifying you are an aac fan.  Now I know why you love you some MWC!  Best of luck for your merry little band of G5's out east.  We will try to represent for us fellow little guys out west.

33 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Thank you for clarifying you are an aac fan.  Now I know why you love you some MWC!  Best of luck for your merry little band of G5's out east.  We will try to represent for us fellow little guys out west.

Oh did you miss this?

On 4/17/2017 at 8:37 AM, RogueStout said:

Least surprising response:

YGrCs1o.jpg

55 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

This is why I scoff at the notion of @FormerFrog being a @#1Stunner sock.

These memes and the generally low-brow trolling is way too banal and hackneyed. 

I'm not a "sock"

I've been here long enough to be an institution on this board.

No idea why you were buying that notion in the first place. I didn't tell you to be gullible.

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

8 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

I'm not a "sock"

I've been here long enough to be an institution on this board.

No idea why you were buying that notion in the first place. I didn't tell you to be gullible.

You aren't getting an A in reading comprehension if that's what you got out of my post.

5 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

No reason to edit.  AAC is the MW of the east, and vice versa.  We know it, they know it.  We all know it.  Neither of us will be making P5 dough or have P5 success. 

Big 12 will come down to G5 level as soon as OU and UT leave for greener pastures, and KU lands in likely the Big Ten.  The rest will cobble together some Big 12 lite (well, liter than they already are).  MWC and AAC won't leapfrog them, and Big 12 will be in the purgatory in between.

I sincerely hope Former Frog becomes a mod. His objective mindset and thought provoking commentary is a breath of fresh air around here!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg