Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State Sprng Game Report

16 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Potter sucked.

You don't know San Jose State QB's very well because Potter is second on the career list for passing efficiency and rushing TD's. So he obviously did not suck. But Caragher's game management sure did. 

7 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Of course, was a bold statement I made there-really putting myself out there.

The 3-4 is great, if you have speedy and athletic type linbackers. I'm not so sure we have that kind of depth. I get the premise, but I'm not as optimistic. Those types of LBs don't grow on trees, but they're out there.

2 hours ago, babigos said:

The 3-4 is great, if you have speedy and athletic type linbackers. I'm not so sure we have that kind of depth. I get the premise, but I'm not as optimistic. Those types of LBs don't grow on trees, but they're out there.

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

They are easier to find than the big, athletic DLinemen....That said, the roster isn't there today-gonna take a few recruiting sessions and some JC additions.

To run it with any real success, you will now be challenged with finding a guy on the line that commands two bodies from the other side of the line. Finding the LB's is the easy part...that guy in the middle, that is a whole other issue.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

To run it with any real success, you will now be challenged with finding a guy on the line that commands two bodies from the other side of the line. Finding the LB's is the easy part...that guy in the middle, that is a whole other issue.

It's certainly about gap play by the LBers, filling and making sure tackles.... you're right, finding a big, strong nose is critical for the D to go..... but your LBers need to fill and make plays-like SDSU's have been for some years now.

16 hours ago, crixus said:

You don't know San Jose State QB's very well because Potter is second on the career list for passing efficiency and rushing TD's. So he obviously did not suck. But Caragher's game management sure did. 

He couldn't throw the ball more then 10 yards down the field, so He better have been efficient.

Caragher did suck, and he recruited and started a QB that also sucked. 

Potter was mediocre, and half of his sacks came from him sitting in the pocket for 10 min waiting for an easy throw because he lacked arm strength. He could run but with no deep threat the O became 1 dimensional pretty fast.

I don't know what to expect from the team this year, lots of new things going on. Usually that equals a sub par season. But the west is not that strong so who knows.