Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

NBA Playoff thread

Can only take so much re-alignment trollin'; the real NBA season starts today! I know some of you guys and gals don't appreciate the NBA game but if you're a basketball fan, give it a chance, these guys are amazing. Who's it going to be this year? Warriors, Cavaliers, Spurs....?

Also, it gives us degenerate gamblers something to do. Gambling on the NBA regular season can make ya crazy but there's usually much less variance in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Meh. I'll be in my bunk watching Jokic highlights. 

nuggets will be there in a few years

garris is such a good player. hopefully TC doesn't saddle malone with another year of "too many cooks in the kitchen" roster. 

The Clippers look done. Griffin killed them last night.

San Antonio has been counted out way too early. 

Boston, with the tragic event of Isaih Thomas's sister being killed yesterday may have some trouble. 

Cleveland looked mortal against a scrappy Pacers team.

I watch waaaaay too much basketball

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

NBA playoffs are enjoyable, but they last forever these days. Any MW players to keep an eye on besides Kawhi? Pretty sure there was a Tony Snell sighting yesterday.

5 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

NBA playoffs are enjoyable, but they last forever these days. Any MW players to keep an eye on besides Kawhi? Pretty sure there was a Tony Snell sighting yesterday.

He's doing well with the Bucks after falling out of the rotation with the Bulls. I don't watch NBA games, but I follow his stat-lines and highlights.

Bucks took game one. Snell is a starter and finished with 11 points 4 boards and 3 assists. 

1 minute ago, PTR said:

He's doing well with the Bucks after falling out of the rotation with the Bulls. I don't watch NBA games, but I follow his stat-lines and highlights.

Bucks took game one. Snell is a starter and finished with 11 points 4 boards and 3 assists. 

Nice. Milwaukee Bucks news doesn't really make it to these parts too often. He looked pretty good yesterday, though. Always fun to watch guys in the pros we followed through college.

6 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

the length is what makes them so great imo. it's like a whole 'nother season. i like stats as much as anyone but when lebron james has like 200 games in the playoffs that are practically unaccounted for in his "career stats", it makes you think why they don't tally it all up. playoff games are not only more important but far more representative of everything we look for in great players. i love that we're basically 2 months away from crowning a champ. a lot to look forward to and there's meaningful games every day for a few weeks, so great.

players in the playoffs; jason smith, tony snell, rashad vaughn, paul george, patrick mccaw, javale mcgee, joel anthony, kawhi leonard

50 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I am a Celtics fan.

but  I seriously  can't stand the way they play.

Is the young-ish coaching  :genius;  from Butler Brad Stevens an advocate of the farking dumb shot?

Looks like it to me.

celtics way overachieved this year (brad stevens has said as much)

their playing for experience anyway, the #1 seed was basically a fluke

8 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Javale McGee had a couple nice blocks and hustle plays in the 3rd quarter for the Warriors today.