Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Desiree Reed-Francois

11 hours ago, toonkee said:

Wow. Everyone is on board that this is a really good hire by UNLV.

Kinda nice.

We've certainly had our share of shyt shows.  But, this hire looks good to me.  I hope we can keep her for a long while.  

Her primary motivation was probably wanting to come back to the West Coast.  Her being responsible for hiring Justin Fuentes from Memphis was a good move.  I'd say Sanchez better start winning more football games.  It'll be interesting to see how she handles the Fertittas.

16 minutes ago, aztech said:

Her primary motivation was probably wanting to come back to the West Coast.  Her being responsible for hiring Justin Fuentes from Memphis was a good move.  I'd say Sanchez better start winning more football games.  It'll be interesting to see how she handles the Fertittas.

She's worked at big time schools with boosters who are tougher to deal with than the Fertittas, who aren't even UNLV boosters.  They're Sanchez boosters.

Regarding Sanchez, his seat isn't even remotely warm.! He's been here two years, his win total has increased each year, and he's dramatically improved the infrastructure.

42 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

She's worked at big time schools with boosters who are tougher to deal with than the Fertittas, who aren't even UNLV boosters.  They're Sanchez boosters.

Regarding Sanchez, his seat isn't even remotely warm.! He's been here two years, his win total has increased each year, and he's dramatically improved the infrastructure.

She wasn't the AD back there.  The AD deals with the boosters.  

14 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

We've certainly had our share of shyt shows.  But, this hire looks good to me.  I hope we can keep her for a long while.  

I hope you're right.  I've looked at a lot of resumes over the years.  I started to notice again & again that many folks change jobs after 18 mos to 2 years.  It happened so often I started to believe there must be some psychological reason.  Like it's new, they get on top of it & then they get bored?  She's had like what 8-10 jobs in 25 years?  I'm sure a lot of that was upward which is positive but still that's a lot of movement in a career.     

7 minutes ago, aztech said:

Is that what she told ya?  OK

She has a legal background and has been in numerous capacities, has been involved in high profile situations that involved bigger egos than the Fertittas. She can work the room well and certainly will handle the boosters that support UNLV with ease. 

Nothing new here but, UNLV has announced her hire officially.  News conference tomorrow at 2pm PT.   https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-officially-announces-reed-francois-as-ad/

She announced it on Twitter:

Thanks to all who have made this day possible. Excited about the future of @UNLVAthletics #GoRebels

C9oGNEzUIAAT1Ud.jpg

9:01 AM - 17 Apr 2017
10 replies11 retweets36 likes

Retweet

Guest RoscoesDad

Don't know much about her.  I have a buddy on the search committee, he said she absolutely killed her interview.  Looks like a good hire.  I hope she is up for the challenge of completely demolishing the current structures within the athletic dept. and makes it a priority to cut out all of hands in the pot that continue to stall progress. We need an autonomous AD who is in charge and has the power to make decisions without various interest groups involvement.  Otherwise I am skeptical of how much impact any AD at UNLV can have.

13 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

She has a legal background and has been in numerous capacities, has been involved in high profile situations that involved bigger egos than the Fertittas. She can work the room well and certainly will handle the boosters that support UNLV with ease. 

Her publicist couldn't have said it any better. lol