Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

backthataztec

Zylan Cheatham transferring

I think he would have transferred out even if Fisher didn't retire.  Despite all his athleticism his basketball IQ was lacking.  The question remains, was it him or the staff not coaching him up?  We'll soon see wherever he goes. 

Lol. Might be time for the Lobolair to organize some hotel lobbying. Only watched about 5 SUDS games this year. He was less than impressive in 4 of them. Still a big loss. Has DutchNoodlesRice lost the team?

23 minutes ago, PTR said:

Lol. Might be time for the Lobolair to organize some hotel lobbying. Only watched about 5 SUDS games this year. He was less than impressive in 4 of them. Still a big loss. Has DutchNoodlesRice lost the team?

We'll find out in his 2nd year.  Didn't Noodles get a pass in his 1st year?  

Apparently, he wants to be a perimeter player...considering he wasn't all that great around the rim maybe it's best for all parties involved.

Best of luck to you Zylan...you brought alot of energy. No ill will but the Aztecs will be fine next year.  

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

Didn't look happy all year. Having to play out of position all year stunted his development IMO. Best of luck Z.  I hope you find what you're after.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Didn't look happy all year. Having to play out of position all year stunted his development IMO. Best of luck Z.  I hope you find what you're after.

I agree. He also sometimes looked displeased with some of his teammates. Poor hoops IQ sure but Cheatham always hustled and that can't be said about some of his high-hoops IQ peers this past season with whom I suspect Z didn't want to be teammates anymore.

Here's hoping Dutch will soon place the returning guys on notice that they better not let themselves go this summer because fall camp won't be a picnic.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I thought he was due for some good years his last 2.

Strong rebounder and great motor.

Curious as to why...plenty of playing time ahead for the guy and bring back a strong core of players.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

BitW, team chemistry was visibly bad at times last year so I'm happy for both Z and his teammates that he's moving on.

Didn't see him much this year. Just thought he had a really strong freshman season. Looking at SDSU's roster this kinda leaves you guys thin on the front court. Though Pope filling the 4 and not the 3 has to be more of a positive.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

26 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

BitW, team chemistry was visibly bad at times last year so I'm happy for both Z and his teammates that he's moving on.

Agree. Pope and his issues, Hemsley and Kell are basically the same guy on the court. Need to bring in someone in that wants to scrap down low.. Watson should help relieve some of the PG issues, freeing Hemsley and Trey to be scorers.

And Izundu was basically a bust.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

19 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Didn't see him much this year. Just thought he had a really strong freshman season. Looking at SDSU's roster this kinda leaves you guys thin on the front court. Though Pope filling the 4 and not the 3 has to be more of a positive.

Pope would rather be the 3 although he showed some signs late in the year of embracing the low post.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

The entire year was a bust.  No one was efficient.  I can't just single out Izundu.  Just a year that didn't go our way.  At all.

Agree. Just something that I was thinking about all year as it relates to Teki and Izundu.  Both guys transferred in from losing P5 programs. Both guys under performed. Maybe that should be a factor when considering P5 transfers.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke