Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

OT? Thoughts on Proposed bill in North Carolina

Just saw on espn that there is a bill being proposed in North Carolina that would force UNC and NC State to immediately withdraw from the ACC if the conference ever boycotted the state again. Interesting stuff. 

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just saw on espn that there is a bill being proposed in North Carolina that would force UNC and NC State to immediately withdraw from the ACC if the conference ever boycotted the state again. Interesting stuff. 

The ACC doesn't need either.

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

More idiocy in this state? Color me shocked. 

This tells me that they're planning on trying to unleash another HB2 in 2020. 

That's the impression I got too.

42 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

"Need" and "want to keep" are two different things.  I would enjoy cheering UNC in either the Big Ten or SEC anyways.  Tobacco Road would still be a thing in all reality, no matter where they went.

If the Big Ten or SEC wanted UNC they would have invited them by now, and UNC would have jumped in an instant, right?

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If the Big Ten or SEC wanted UNC they would have invited them by now, and UNC would have jumped in an instant, right?

Not even close to what I said, or meant.  UNC is content in the ACC.  If that isn't the case, do you think they would be stuck without a conference for long?

10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Not even close to what I said, or meant.  UNC is content in the ACC.  If that isn't the case, do you think they would be stuck without a conference for long?

I think the Big East would be happy to have them.  The football program would fit in well in either CUSA or the AAC.

Filthy scum cheaters don't even deserve that.:P

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think the Big East would be happy to have them.  The football program would fit in well in either CUSA or the AAC.

Your faux rage screams of too much sarcasm to satiate my hunger for watching melts.   i hav sads now

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's what I was thinking, from the ACC to AAC... makes perfect sense o me!:P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

As a G5, how could you not love this bill? Two new openings to be filled in the P5 ranks. 

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

As a G5, how could you not love this bill? Two new openings to be filled in the P5 ranks. 

Cincy and UConn would probably be ushered into the ACC, The openings would be in the AAC, and it would probably begin the consolidation to four power conferences. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

More idiocy in this state? Color me shocked. 

This tells me that they're planning on trying to unleash another HB2 in 2020. 

I watched Religulous last night for the first time. Part of the hilarity was Bill Maher interviewing a Born Again Christian senator from Arkansas. There isn't a chance in the world that anybody that stoopid could possibly be elected to the Senate not only from California but from Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico and even probably Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado - though he would probably get almost every vote in Colorado Springs. (I thought about including Utah but then remembered that Jason Chavitz got elected and the Arkansas guy was probably only marginally dumber than Chavitz.)

May God bless you, retrofade. I for one couldn't possibly live in the Bible Belt.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There was very serious flirtation between UNC and both conferences in the last round of realignment, and UNC seriously considered joining the Big 10. It never happened for various reasons. Both UNC fans and administrators like the regional nature of the ACC, (and some fans in particular were horrified at the thought of leaving the South to join a "Yankee conference"). And UNC was also worried about the political fallout of leaving Duke/NCSU to die in the ACC. But no, at this point the ACC needs UNC (and to a lesser degree NCSU) far more than UNC needs the ACC. In the unlikely event that the two schools were forced to leave the ACC, they would simply pick between the Big 10 and SEC. NC is a populous and rapidly growing state, and currently the ACC is the only major conference in town. If the two largest and most popular schools in NC join the Big 10 or SEC, they instantly own that market. It's a no-brainer in a world where TV sets determine most expansion decisions.

I truly hate it when politicians take their bullshit to college sports.  I thought what cali did in regards to teams traveling to other states took policital correctness to new levels of obsurdity. 

I recall when CA threatened to boycott AZ for some bullshit reason.  AZ told them if you're going to do that, you also have to boycott the electrical power we send you.  The politicos in cali imediately STFU.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

34 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I truly hate it when politicians take their bullshit to college sports.  I thought what cali did in regards to teams traveling to other states took policital correctness to new levels of obsurdity. 

I recall when CA threatened to boycott AZ for some bullshit reason.  AZ told them if you're going to do that, you also have to boycott the electrical power we send you.  The politicos in cali imediately STFU.

The City of L.A. HAS boycotted Arizona in certain ways and I agree it's ridiculously PC. Akin to Berkeley declaring itself a nuclear free zone so as to ban such material from traveling through the city as if any of it ever would. Of course, I also think it's BS for politicians to try to impose their religious beliefs on everybody else such as when legislators introduce bills to require that "In God We Trust" appear in courtrooms.

Boom goes the dynamite.