Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: It's NHL Playoff Time!

Pivotal game 5's coming up tonight and tomorrow.  The winning NHL team in game 5 goes on to win the series 78% of the time.  I'm not betting on it but desperately hoping Minnesota can get back to regular season form.  Toronto vs Washington is the game to watch tonight.  Both teams are going to come out strong looking to go up in the series.  I think it'll be a helluva game.

Minnesota vs St. Louis

Toronto vs Washinton

Ottawa vs Boston

Blues finish off the Wild.  

:rock:

Hope Staal is OK.  That looked nasty.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 4/21/2017 at 11:57 AM, NorthWestCowboy said:

As an A's fan what are the odds they can parlay the Raiders leaving into getting a new ballpark built?  Seems like the perfect time to push for it and oh boy do they need it.

The A's owner has wanted to move to San Jose for over a decade now (he also owns the San Jose Earthquakes soccer team) but the Giants put the kibosh on it claiming San Jose as their territory since the have a minor league baseball team there. San Jose even offered to give some land to the A's to build a stadium but the Giants are being dick heads about it (just like their fans are in general). Unfortunately MLB sides with the Giants on this matter, so if the A's move it probably won't be to San Jose. 

The Sharks were eliminated by Edmonton tonight, 4 games to 2.:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Subcanis said:

Blues finish off the Wild.  

:rock:

Hope Staal is OK.  That looked nasty.

Boo!  I've hated the Blues going back to the Norris Division days when they had a rivalry with the North Stars.  I'm hoping the Blues 48 year Stanley Cup appearance drought continues.  Go Nashville!

Guest Dr. Dre

Oilers looked strong against San Jose.

2nd round in West set

West

Anaheim vs. Edmonton

St. Louis vs. Nashville

East

Pittsburgh vs. Washington

NYR vs. Ottawa

Guest Dr. Dre
11 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Oilers looked strong against San Jose.

2nd round in West set

West

Anaheim vs. Edmonton

St. Louis vs. Nashville

East

Pittsburgh vs. Washington

NYR vs. Ottawa

2nd round set. EIGHTEEN OT games in the 1st round. 5 of them in Caps/Leafs series.

Future is bright in Toronto. They'll get their Cup.

Toronto/Washington series was a hell of a series......Washington really had to work to get that series win and may have to wonder if that will affect them going into the future.

A friend of mine picked Washington to win the whole thing this year even though I am waiting for them to throw up on themselves again.

Edmonton did play pretty well except for Game 4 against the Sharks. 

Personally I had either Pittsburgh possibly winning the whole thing

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

The A's-to-San Jose train has been dead for almost a decade. Once the Fremont thing imploded, any South Bay move wasn't going to happen either. Plus Lew Wolff is gone and that was always his pipedream. 

I'm glad. They belong in Oakland. They will announce a new stadium in the coming months, in Oakland. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705078-athletics-announce-plans-for-new-stadium-in-oakland

also glad to see Edmonton win. This series with the Ducks is going to be a good one. 

There have been so many plans and such announced for their new stadium.........pretty much no one is putting any stock until ground is broken on the stadium. However at work I do have a picture as one of my desktops of the Coliseum before the Raiders came back. Everyone remarks how great of a stadium that was.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

And yeah, the old Coliseum was the best venue in baseball. That view of the Oakland Hills was unparalleled...especially when it was a glorious shade of green in the spring. 

I love that old dump. Lots of great memories at the Coliseum complex. 

That is the view everyone who went there remembers........sitting behind home plate or down the lines and looking to the outfield seeing those hills it was a great scenic stadium before the Raiders came back and trashed the thing.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Throw in the fact that Oakland has the nicest climate in the world and its totally true. 

My boss went to Oakland to see them play the Yankees so often, just loved going to the stadium especially during the day because of the views. He has only been there once since they redid everything and both he felt the same we do about what they did to it.

Of the teams left in the playoffs.......St. Louis, Nashville, Ottawa (version 2.0) and Washington have never won the Stanley Cup.  This is the 49th season in the league for St. Louis, 41st for Washington, 23rd for Ottawa and 17th for Nashville.  Edmonton has won 5, Anaheim 1, New York and Pittsburgh have each won 4 stanley cup championships.

Based on time spent in the league without a cup win it'd be justice for a St. Louis vs Washington final.  The fact that I despise the Blues precludes me from rooting for this.  I'm hoping for a Nashville vs Washington final and frankly of these two teams I don't really care which one wins just that it's a helluva series.  I'm fairly certain however that Pittsburgh is going to stick it's nose into the mix and probably win the whole damn thing :(.

cut.thumb.jpg.73fec8ff93cdbc9342a3eddcc0819e95.jpg

1 minute ago, Lobo Amor said:

cut.jpg

Duck and Oilers should be a good series. I'm surprised St Louis hasn't won one. 

The Blues have been to 3 Stanley Cup finals but none since 1969-70.  When the league expanded from 6 teams to 12 for the 1967-68 season the divisions were the 'Original Six' teams (TOR, MTL, DET, CHI, NYR and BOS) in the east vs the 'Next Six' teams (CAL, MIN, STL, PIT, PHI and LAK) in the west.  So by being the best of the 6 new teams in the west division St. Louis made the finals in each of it's first 3 seasons in the league but haven't been back since.

11 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

The A's-to-San Jose train has been dead for almost a decade. Once the Fremont thing imploded, any South Bay move wasn't going to happen either. Plus Lew Wolff is gone and that was always his pipedream. 

I'm glad. They belong in Oakland. They will announce a new stadium in the coming months, in Oakland. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705078-athletics-announce-plans-for-new-stadium-in-oakland

also glad to see Edmonton win. This series with the Ducks is going to be a good one. 

The article I saw was from 2016, not ten years ago. I never thought it would happen because as I stated earlier the Giants claim San Jose as their territoryhttp://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/14625755/reimagining-baseball-move-oakland-san-jose-tampa-bay-rays-montreal 

I'd rather see the A's stay in Oakland, especially with the Raiders and Warriors both leaving town. No city should lose all their pro teams.

Guest Dr. Dre
16 minutes ago, crixus said:

The article I saw was from 2016, not ten years ago. I never thought it would happen because as I stated earlier the Giants claim San Jose as it's territoryhttp://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/14625755/reimagining-baseball-move-oakland-san-jose-tampa-bay-rays-montreal

Start an "A's to stay in Oakland/ Giants claim San Jose" thread marble-brain

9 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Start an "A's to stay in Oakland/ Giants claim San Jose" thread marble-brain

Go puck yourself you moronic troll, because no woman will. That vinyl one in your bed doesn't count. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The Blues have been to 3 Stanley Cup finals but none since 1969-70.  When the league expanded from 6 teams to 12 for the 1967-68 season the divisions were the 'Original Six' teams (TOR, MTL, DET, CHI, NYR and BOS) in the east vs the 'Next Six' teams (CAL, MIN, STL, PIT, PHI and LAK) in the west.  So by being the best of the 6 new teams in the west division St. Louis made the finals in each of it's first 3 seasons in the league but haven't been back since.

Gretzky was with the Blues, for a short while. 

Image result for wayne gretzky as a st louis blue

Guest Dr. Dre
7 minutes ago, crixus said:

Gretzky was with the Blues, for a short while. 

Image result for wayne gretzky as a st louis blue

So was your mom- on the floor in their locker room

17 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Thanks for that tid bit ?. I had given up on hockey after my Northstars were stolen by dallas but then the Avalanche being not to far away brought me back. I still don't really have a team but root for the wild, avalanche and oilers but they're all in the same division  :facepalm:.