Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

Oregon State at Colorado State

Gary Anderson is a great coach.  I'm definitely worried about this one.

Bobo has yet to beat a P5 opponent.  This is a very beatable one just like Minnesota was last year and he couldn't pull it off.

We need to open the new stadium with a WIN.

Huge concerns on defense.  Key losses on the D-line but new highly touted talent starting to work into the rotation.  Secondary is also a big concern.

On O I think we will have one of the most potent offenses in the conference.  Stevens is poised for a HUGE year and we have a SOLID O line, receivers and fantastic RB's

So much on the line for this game.  Bobo hasn't really shown an ability to finish BIG games.  Really hoping in year 3 he figures it out.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Same here. Andersen has the Beavers trending upwards in a big way. We'll take care of Oregon. If the sheep can take care of their little brother it will be a huge boon for the conference.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Gary Anderson is a great coach.  I'm definitely worried about this one.

Bobo has yet to beat a P5 opponent.  This is a very beatable one just like Minnesota was last year and he couldn't pull it off.

We need to open the new stadium with a WIN.

Huge concerns on defense.  Key losses on the D-line but new highly touted talent starting to work into the rotation.  Secondary is also a big concern.

On O I think we will have one of the most potent offenses in the conference.  Stevens is poised for a HUGE year and we have a SOLID O line, receivers and fantastic RB's

So much on the line for this game.  Bobo hasn't really shown an ability to finish BIG games.  Really hoping in year 3 he figures it out.

Any OSU Beaver fans care to comment about your 2017 team, Strengths/Weaknesses, overall thoughts re CSU ?

Very well said... but after jousting w/ Anderson, there's Mike McIntyre (P12 Coach of Year 2016 @ CU), then Nick Saban from the P5.  Bobo has much Improvements to make as a Professional HC.  This is the year to show better than his previous 2 years.

Agree that Bobo (as OC/Play caller & HC) is the single most responsible professional for CSU's Offense which has looked great vs. C+ level D's, but sadly deficient vs B to A level D's (except vs. SDSU's Rocky Long B+ D last year).  It is totally up to Bobo's competence as to whether our historically predictable O flourishes or not.  And while CSU's D should be slightly improved, our O will have to outscore most of our opponents.  Bobo still acts like an OC and during games offers little in the way of a HC who Leads & Coaches his Staff, his entire team of players, manages the Game... his head is stuck in his Play Book.

Anderson is a very, very fine B+ to A level HC (IMHO), and should have more Talent & Experience across the field.  But Bobo could have an advantage @ QB, OL, WR this year on O.  

I made this same comment a few days ago on the RamNation board... this game will be VERY interesting & telling about Anderson & Bobo's growth as a HC (1st), and OC (2nd).  No Improvement from Bobo, very likely to be another year of shut-outs vs. P5's on our schedule.

57 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Huge game for the Mountain West. If CSU cannot beat the worst team in the PAC 12 in their new home stadium, we are all +++++ed.

Wyoming faces Oregon St.'s big brother on 9/17. The Ducks are making their way down to Laramie to battle the Pokes.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

Huge game for the Mountain West. If CSU cannot beat the worst team in the PAC 12 in their new home stadium, we are all +++++ed.

Not sure why so gloomy... what's the big deal if the worst team in one conference beats the worst team in another conference during their home opener? Just 2 turds in a shiny, new punch bowl

30 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Not sure why so gloomy... what's the big deal if the worst team in one conference beats the worst team in another conference during their home opener? Just 2 turds in a shiny, new punch bowl

Good Wyo humor... looking forward to a Big return of our rivalry this year!    Bohls vs. Bobo !!!   He did a great job on D & O, and got us last year.  

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

More seriously... there seems to be a lot of winnable P5 games for our conference in 2017. Hopefully none of us pull an SDSU and pee all over ourselves :P. We have the potential to be a very solid conference in 2017

All seriousness aside... You are correct and we should all root for MWC teams vs. any & all P5 teams!!!   Even that CSU/Bama game is Winnable, given the right miracle (Moses leading the Israelites across the dead sea on Elephants?) .

2 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Good Wyo humor... looking forward to a Big return of our rivalry this year!    Bohls vs. Bobo !!!   He did a great job on D & O, and got us last year.  

Let's just try and make sure it becomes a regular occurrence that both teams play each other having winning records every year :cheers:

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think Oregon State is going to be the worst team in the PAC next year.

Beat me to it.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

I watched the OSU spring game on the PAC 12 network.  The main takeaway for me was this edition of Beaver football is wanting to throw the ball downfield more than last year.  Perhaps it's Coach Anderson finally getting his playbook fully installed and/or just having the players to execute.  Won't know until the season starts.  The Beavs ended last season with solid wins over Arizona and Oregon.  I think they'll be better this season but still a ways to go to be considered a threat to contend for the PAC 12 north.

I'm looking forward to two of my alma maters chalking up W's against the Rams this coming season.

47 minutes ago, RAMification said:

All seriousness aside... You are correct and we should all root for MWC teams vs. any & all P5 teams!!!   Even that CSU/Bama game is Winnable, given the right miracle (Moses leading the Israelites across the dead sea on Elephants?) .

I will call it a victory if we don't get gifs like this out of your game

BvMM5Cp.gif

9 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Beat me to it.

I just went through their schedule.  I see something between 5-7 and 7-5. 

They were in a lot of games last year.  They were in it against Utah and Washington State.  They played ok against some other teams. 

I think Gary will have them being a tough out going forward.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I just went through their schedule.  I see something between 5-7 and 7-5. 

They were in a lot of games last year.  They were in it against Utah and Washington State.  They played ok against some other teams. 

I think Gary will have them being a tough out going forward.

They were a much tougher out for us last year than the final score showed.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok