sdsuphilip4

Borrego turns down the Lobos

Bob Williams, formerly of UC Santa Barbara, is available.  He's 4-1 lifetime vs UNLV if that helps my Lobo brethren out :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Good. Too risky. Right now it's between FGCU's Joe Dooley and an unknown candidate that hasn't been named yet. Hopefully it's Steve Forbes.

His upside is really high, I mean he's an attractive NBA coaching candidate. Joe Dooley would be a solid lower ceiling hire tho.

8 hours ago, Lobonado said:

Good. Too risky. Right now it's between FGCU's Joe Dooley and an unknown candidate that hasn't been named yet. Hopefully it's Steve Forbes.

Anyone that's spent close to a decade working with Popovich shouldn't be considered "risky", even when considering the move from the NBA to college.

Goodman saying it's down to Dooley and Cross. Those 2 were at the bottom of my list originally, but if that's that's the choice then I think you have to go Dooley

EDIT: Misread it, it's Dooley and Forbes. That's a tough call

5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Goodman saying it's down to Dooley and Cross. Those 2 were at the bottom of my list originally, but if that's that's the choice then I think you have to go Dooley

EDIT: Misread it, it's Dooley and Forbes. That's a tough call

Forbes...easy choice.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Forbes...easy choice.

He's done decent with recruiting and his two years at one of the best JuCo programs in America could be valuable.

He's also done well at ETSU but he's only been there for 2 years. My question is if his team doesn't win an extremely close game in SoCon title game last year, is he being considered for bigger jobs?

5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

He's done decent with recruiting and his two years at one of the best JuCo programs in America could be valuable.

He's also done well at ETSU but he's only been there for 2 years. My question is if his team doesn't win an extremely close game in SoCon title game last year, is he being considered for bigger jobs?

I would say yes as ETSU was a dumpster fire before he got there...he took a 16 win team to 24 wins and a post season in year 1...year 2 was 27 wins and an NCAA tournament.

that's impressive...

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg