Warbow

lets play what if the mwc disbanned

1). MW, and all G5, dissolve because P5 muscles us out next Playoff contract....all G5 drop to FCS (minus BYU lone P5 football independent).

Big West expands....

BigWest FCS football (9)...

Hawaii 

San Jose St

UC Davis

Sac St

Fresno St

Cal Poly

SUDS

Nevada

UNLV

BigWest Non-Football members (8 for 17 total, and suds basketball wish for 16 game basketball conference schedule)...

UC Santa Barbara

CS Northridge

CS Bakersfield

UC Riverside

LBSU

CS Fullerton

UC Irvine

Grand Canyon

If the worst should happen, I'd be cool with this.  Tight geography, many close away games to go to, low travel expense, keep our California, Hawaii and Las Vegas recruits out of mountain states for the most part....tap into Phoenix high school basketball recruits too.

~ FF

5 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

1). MW, and all G5, dissolve because P5 muscles us out next Playoff contract....all G5 drop to FCS (minus BYU lone P5 football independent).

Big West expands....

Hawaii 

San Jose St

UC Davis

Sac St

Fresno St

Cal Poly

SUDS

Nevada

UNLV

BigWest Non-Football members (8 for 17 total, and suds basketball wish for 16 game basketball conference schedule)...

UC Santa Barbara

CS Northridge

CS Bakersfield

UC Riverside

LBSU

CS Fullerton

UC Irvine

Grand Canyon

If the worst should happen, I'd be cool with this.  Tight geography, many close away games to go to, low travel expense, keep our California and Hawaii recruits out of mountain states for the most part....tap into Phoenix high school basketball recruits too.

Thats way too much travel subs for the Bows.  It will bankrupt 'em

The World Needs More Cowboys!

8 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Big West expands....

Hawaii 

San Jose St

UC Davis

Sac St

Fresno St

Cal Poly

SUDS

Nevada

UNLV

UC Santa Barbara

CS Northridge

CS Bakersfield

UC Riverside

LBSU

CS Fullerton

UC Irvine

Grand Canyon

If the worst should happen, I'd be cool with this.  Tight geography, many close away games to go to, low travel expense, keep our California, Hawaii and Las Vegas recruits out of mountain states for the most part....tap into Phoenix high school basketball recruits too.

and another thing...are you saying the only Oct / Nov games BYU gets are vs. FCS?

Honestly based off Warbows picks I only see the following teams having a chance to survive for one reason or another:

1. Hawaii: Independent 

2. SDSU: Conference Invite

3. Boise St: Conference Invite

4. Air Force: Independent or Conference Invite

If they left it would be a simple fix for the other schools, form a new conference and add some schools from the collapsing CUSA or top FCS teams:

Great West Conference:

Nevada, UNLV, Wyoming, CSU, UNM, SJSU, Fresno State, USU

Potential Teams to add: 

Montana, Montana State, NDSU, SDSU, Idaho, NMSU, UTEP, Rice, UTSA, UNT

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Quite what?

They need to quit being quite quiet

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 hours ago, FresnoFanatic said:

They'd have no other choice.  They'd find a way and PAC 12 would play them a lot more since they'd be the only FBS football team left to schedule in OOC games in the Pac12 foot print.

If what you claim happens, the PAC will be able to play more FCS schools.

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Quite what?

Quite quiet

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

10 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

IMG_1036.JPG.5c01a7ea3b63e6a38e73464e9ab1f2f1.JPG

looks like a poke fan waiting on their 1st ever MWC outright title in any sport

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

20 hours ago, Warbow said:

yep that's only because you have mwc teams as part of your home schedule. can you live or schedule teams to come to reno as an independent? i'm sure you could live off the body bag games for a few years but your attendance will drop to the lower teens for whatever FCS team you can schedule at home.

Oh, WarbowJunkie, don't you change!

20 hours ago, Warbow said:

hey, it's a serious question. just curious to see who thinks they have a football program that can survive on their own and not ride the coat-tails of others

It's a silly question because it would never happen.  I think the underlying message is that Hawaii could go independent.  And they should, please.  You've made it clear that you're embarrassed to be in the same conference with Nevada & Wyoming & probably SJSU.  You pay subsidies but it's still a long flight for the guys & an expensive trip for fans.  MWC fans can't watch the games.  We don't need you for a championship game anymore.  After BYU & Nevada Hawaii is the best attendance for UNLV so there's that.  Administrators of Mid West schools would love to go to Hawaii in the dead of winter  so you could find late season games.  You wouldn't have to pay subsidies but it's expected to pay visiting teams so that's a push.  As an independent you couldn't win a conference championship but you're not now so that doesn't matter.  Nevada was the first mainland school to travel to Hawaii to play a game so there's a long history with MWC schools.  There would still be games with MWC schools to fill your schedule but all in all, I don't think you'd be missed.     

16 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

It's a silly question because it would never happen.  I think the underlying message is that Hawaii could go independent.  And they should, please.  You've made it clear that you're embarrassed to be in the same conference with Nevada & Wyoming & probably SJSU.  You pay subsidies but it's still a long flight for the guys & an expensive trip for fans.  MWC fans can't watch the games.  We don't need you for a championship game anymore.  After BYU & Nevada Hawaii is the best attendance for UNLV so there's that.  Administrators of Mid West schools would love to go to Hawaii in the dead of winter  so you could find late season games.  You wouldn't have to pay subsidies but it's expected to pay visiting teams so that's a push.  As an independent you couldn't win a conference championship but you're not now so that doesn't matter.  Nevada was the first mainland school to travel to Hawaii to play a game so there's a long history with MWC schools.  There would still be games with MWC schools to fill your schedule but all in all, I don't think you'd be missed.     

Not a silly question at all. I keep hearing how strong your programs are in this Trailer Park Conference (TPC), mainly from the range schools who we know can't survive on it's own.  Wyoming had been riding the BYU's coattails for decades yet their fans are the biggest proponent of keeping BYU out of the TPC because they found another cash cow in Hawaii and Boise St to support them. SJSU I can live with in the TPC because they know their place in college football and don't think they are the next Nebraska or Boise St. Nevada is harmless and I don't mind them in the TPC just don't think they survive without a conference. UNLV and San Diego St. are monster programs waiting to break out. Pac-12 material after their stadium gets build. My issue is with Wyoming mainly. They need a conference to survive in FBS and pretending to be a strong hold in this TPC when we know they're the biggest leech of any college football team. Half the US doesn't even know that Wyoming has a college football team.