Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

59 tomahawk missiles launched against Syrian targets.

Just now, BestintheWest said:

A reporter from the Guardian already did an article with photos the next day. There were no chemical weapons in his opinion. They came from the planes.

Yeah, I think they were delivered by the planes.  I heard some "experts" (outside of the ones on this board :)) that they thought the chemicals were possibly manufactured and stored in the hospital.  Apparently hospitals have been hit shortly after things like this happening in the past.  Either way, they suspected the hospital may be a target based on history. 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Assad  has been killing civilians and children by the thousands.

Now that chemical weapons have been used Trump changes his mind, from everything he's been saying for years, and he fires off some rockets.

What a load of horse manure. If he cared about those innocent kids he wouldn't be banning refugees. He doesn't have a message or a plan.He just got to "look" big and tough but it doesn't mean a damn thing. It changes nothing in what's going on in Syria. It won't deter Assad, not with Putin backing him. And NK may decide now is a good time to ratchet things up as well. It isn't about people or children, this is about power and optics.

One of the Final Five..........

30 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Now that chemical weapons have been used Trump changes his mind, from everything he's been saying for years, and he fires off some rockets.

What a load of horse manure. If he cared about those innocent kids he wouldn't be banning refugees. He doesn't have a message or a plan.He just got to "look" big and tough but it doesn't mean a damn thing. It changes nothing in what's going on in Syria. It won't deter Assad, not with Putin backing him. And NK may decide now is a good time to ratchet things up as well. It isn't about people or children, this is about power and optics.

Brilliant.  Let's not only blame 8 years of weak foreign policy on a guy that's been in office less than 80 days.  While we're at it let's assume that an attack on a Syrian target will somehow embolden North Korea.

It's helpful to separate the Trump hate from the reality of world politics.  Two different issues.

33 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Chemical weapons are an entirely different dynamic. I think it would be a terrible, terrible thing if the use of chemical weapons became normalized.

Look, I'm not suggesting any of this shyt is any good.  It's very bad.  Is there a good answer?

It seems there are a lot of folks here that love to see 'Merica blow shit up.

A couple of things you should remember.

Trump is a pathological liar, who never tells the truth. Ever.

If you think that Trump didn't get an advance okey dokie from the Kremlin, you are delusional.

19 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

It seems there are a lot of folks here that love to see 'Merica blow shit up.

A couple of things you should remember.

Trump is a pathological liar, who never tells the truth. Ever.

If you think that Trump didn't get an advance okey dokie from the Kremlin, you are delusional.

Psst....your Reynold's wrap beanie is slanted.

All this accomplished is to show that we are watching and the line that was previously drawn in the sand is still there and we have someone that will respond to that line.  Russia's only involvement is that they support Assad...our communication with them was to avert escalation, nothing more.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

16 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

AMERICA FIRST!

The money spent on this attack could have provided full funding for Meals on Wheels through 2029.

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/meals-on-wheels-syria-donald-trump/2220/

You are cute with your idealism, as misguided as it is. The federal government only pays 3.3% of the funding for Meals on Wheels. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

You are cute with your idealism, as misguided as it is. The federal government only pays 3.3% of the funding for Meals on Wheels. 

Which could be funded for a dozen years for the money spent on this attack. 100 million Bucks. No long term plan, no allies, no exit strategy. No succession plan.

Clearly very well thought out.

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Which could be funded for a dozen years for the money spent on this attack. 100 million Bucks. No long term plan, no allies, no exit strategy. No succession plan.

Blowing shit up is way cooler tho 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Blowing shit up is way cooler tho 

You know that Trump went full mast as soon as he found out about the gas attack. The warmonger hawks on the right (politicians and citizens alike) all followed suit on Thursday night.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Chemical weapons are an entirely different dynamic. I think it would be a terrible, terrible thing if the use of chemical weapons became normalized.

Look, I'm not suggesting any of this shyt is any good.  It's very bad.  Is there a good answer?

If use of sarin gas is normalized, it would be used here

39 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

While I agree it was not super well thought out, the palmerreport (lol) is wrong on the cost of the tomahawks launched.  They are looking at estimated replacement cost, not cost of the missiles launched.  Replacement cost will be tough to figure out as it depends on the size of the order.  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-it-will-cost-to-replace-the-tomahawks-used-in-syria-2017-04-07

38 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

WTF are you talking about. This was to show that Trump is not Obama. It was to show that we will act when neccesary. That's it. it wasn't about becoming involved in Syria with ground troops. It's not about replacing Assad. It was a show of force. It actually was pretty well thought out IMO. No Russians were killed it didn't escalate and the message was sent. 

42 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

WTF are you talking about. This was to show that Trump is not Obama. It was to show that we will act when neccesary. That's it. it wasn't about becoming involved in Syria with ground troops. It's not about replacing Assad. It was a show of force. It actually was pretty well thought out IMO. No Russians were killed it didn't escalate and the message was sent. 

Never go full libtard.

"No plan! No allies! No exit strategy! No succession plan!"

lmao. Could you imagine these vagina hats running our military?

"Alright my fellow Americans! We will attack next Wednesday. Here are the coordinates of the attack. How many troops. How much money this will cost. Israel will be attacking from the other side. They won't even know what hit them, hahahaha. Remember, next wednesday.

PS. Don't tell Syria, kthx :P"

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Never go full libtard.

"Alright my fellow Americans! We will attack next Wednesday. Here are the coordinates of the attack. How many troops. How much money this will cost. Israel will be attacking from the other side. They won't even know what hit them, hahahaha. Remember, next wednesday.

Admit it, your pants got tighter when you found out we launched tomahawks at Syria. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Simply a different kind of diplomatic approach.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Never go full libtard.

OK, that's funny.

The visual was a vagina hat standing next to a Richard Cranium.