badfish

3 Wyo FB players kicked off team, 5 more suspended

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bummer.  How much does this hurt the Pokes?  How important were these guys to the program.  

I'm not going to celebrate this, it could happen on any team and does on most.  Besides, the Pokes have an appointment for a real bad ass whipping on 11/4 and I'd prefer it happen with them at full strength.

Don't forget to pack a lunch!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Cowboy Junky
24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As long as it is not contagious.  Crap likes this happening every off season for Boise crippled our depth.

Any rumors on what happened?  

Attrition has been on a downward trend under Bohl. He started out intentionally trying to weed out the quitters, to get to the Cowboy tough players. Since the first season under Bohl, our attrition has really dropped and roster numbers has peaked. With a healthy walk-on program, Wyoming is starting to find depth we've never had before.

I agree though. It's something to keep our eye on. Discipline and a lack of off field problems is something Bohl values very highly. We'll see if he can keep the players in line with legal weed an hour away.

Bohl runs a tight ship. I doubt any info will leak out, unless it's from somebody that heard from somebody that knows somebody, and I never buy that gossip crap anyway.

1 hour ago, kalua pig said:

the police officer said "at first,i thought the boys were wresling naked.then,i realized they were having sexual intercourse."

Can we get something straight? There's no such thing as wrestling in Wyoming. Its called wrasslin'.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Don't forget to pack a lunch!

Uhhh, the game starts at 5PM.  Pretty sure I'll be done with lunch by then.  I'll likely call the CSU victory by 6:00 and be headed to a local steakhouse though.  Any good restaurants in town that let you bring in your own booze?  I'll probably want to enjoy a good Fort Collins beer with my dinner.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

They'll probably be headed to one of the two Montana schools so they don't have to wait a year.

Not sure if Montana State needs any more trouble.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/montana-state-suspends-two-defensive-backs/article_842a5a5a-b7e0-526a-b001-bb5c1e301da8.html

21 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

This is all fake news!!!

I lived in Laramie for four years and was only arrested three times. It's really hard to get into trouble there.

That's what happens when you're the only black dude in Wyoming 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

All 3 would have been RS freshmen this coming season.  Losing Baker is a hit.  6'8" 290lb defensive tackle.  He would have got some PT this year and a hopeful beast for the following three years.  He was looking pretty good.  Oh well, next man up.

I feel like the D is one area where we didn't have great depth, especially along the DL.  Sucks to lose young guys who were just beginning to gain traction in the program.  I still don't think Wyoming has the depth it needs from the switch from spread to more pro/one back sets and being a typical G5 school.  The Pokes have more depth than they have had in years, but still not there yet and losing young guys who are growing in the program doesn't help.  

• Like 1

Bohl certainly has a reputation as a no BS guy, but I question if he's kicking guys off the team over trivial reasons or to make an example for the rest of the players.  I suspect this was pretty serious.  I do wonder about the "temporary suspensions" of the other players.  Not a lot of specifics on how long those suspensions are for.  Not that it's any of my business, just curious about Bohl's disciplinary standards.

Either way, I don't see any way the suspensions last long enough to avoid the lubeless violation that will be wrought upon them by CSU this fall.  Just a curiosity regarding where Bohl draws the line, and how he goes about drawing it.

5 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Bohl certainly has a reputation as a no BS guy, but I question if he's kicking guys off the team over trivial reasons or to make an example for the rest of the players.  I suspect this was pretty serious.  I do wonder about the "temporary suspensions" of the other players.  Not a lot of specifics on how long those suspensions are for.  Not that it's any of my business, just curious about Bohl's disciplinary standards.

Either way, I don't see any way the suspensions last long enough to avoid the lubeless violation that will be wrought upon them by CSU this fall.  Just a curiosity regarding where Bohl draws the line, and how he goes about drawing it.

Kind of curious about that myself. Brian Hill was suspended for the first quarter of our bowl game for some stupid reason. If we're suspending these guys by quarters, it's not that big of a deal.

The only player I saw in that list that might make a difference is Hull. He might be good eventually. Other than that, stop banging high school girls Pokes!!!! If they look too young head to Kinkos and get a copy of that fake ID. They're open 24 hours in Laramie!

Just now, BodyBagGame said:

Kind of curious about that myself. Brian Hill was suspended for the first quarter of our bowl game for some stupid reason. If we're suspending these guys by quarters, it's not that big of a deal.

The only player I saw in that list that might make a difference is Hull. He might be good eventually. Other than that, stop banging high school girls Pokes!!!! If they look too young head to Kinkos and get a copy of that fake ID. They're open 24 hours in Laramie!

Rule of thumb for FB players looking to get laid.  Only bang drunk chicks you meet in a bar.  That way you know somebody has already checked their ID.  It's really not that complicated.

Rob Lowe still gets a lot of shit for bringing home a couple under age girls from a club and banging' them. Fortunately for him they were honest about where he picked them up.. Filming the action probably didn't help!

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Uhhh, the game starts at 5PM.  Pretty sure I'll be done with lunch by then.  I'll likely call the CSU victory by 6:00 and be headed to a local steakhouse though.  Any good restaurants in town that let you bring in your own booze?  I'll probably want to enjoy a good Fort Collins beer with my dinner.

We'll confiscate any Ft. Collins beer you bring across the border along with any of the green stuff you have stowed away in the glove compartment. In the meantime, be sure to study this film so you're prepared for what you're about to witness.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

3 Wyo FB players kicked off team, 5 more suspended

My confidence is starting to wane about this Gardner-Webb game. Hopefully we hide the tape from Hawaii and CSU.
  • Like 1