CPslograd

Star Wars Ranked

I can't take anymore of Retrofade and Jackmormons crazy Russian crap.  It's driving me away from the board.

Im going to try to change the subject.  I just saw RogueOne again, man that was a fun movie.  A Star Wars movie with no Jedi, and no sequels to set up.  I really dug it.

Although I talked to a couple buddies, and they didn't like it as much.  And my boy is tired of the whole heroine deal that has become the Disney/Star Wars formula.  Anyway, here is my power ranking of Star Wars.

1.  Empire Srikes Back (the classic)

2.  A New Hope (the original)

3.  RogueOne (a fun movie with great pace)

4.  Revenge of the Sith (as awful as the prequels were, Lucas somehow pulled a great movie out of his ass for his finale)

5.  Return of the Jedi (solid and satisfying)

6.  The Force Awakens (good movie, with funny lines and good effects)

7.  Phantom Menace (boring movie)

8.  Attack of the Cones. (A damn near franchise killing movie)

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

1 - Empire Strikes Back

2 - Force Awakens

3 - A New Hope

4 - Rogue One

5 - Return of the Jedi

6 - Revenge of the Sith

7 - Phantom Menace

8 - Attack of the Clones

9 - Star Wars Christmas 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It looks like we're pretty close except I liked 3 more than you guys.

I guess I might be grading it on a curve, the other two were so bad, I had zero expectations, but then I'll be damned if the third one wasn't a good movie.

And McGregor was money.

27 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I guess I might be grading it on a curve, the other two were so bad, I had zero expectations, but then I'll be damned if the third one wasn't a good movie.

And McGregor was money.

I wish I and II were more like III...I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith...Star Wars just has some REALLY good movies.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

59 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

And McGregor was money.

I like III a lot.  In my ranking, I may have ranked Episode 3 as the 6th best movie but it's a lot closer to the movies ranked above it than it is the ones below it.  The light saber battle between Obi Wan and Anakin is the best light saber battle in all the movies.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1. Empire

2. Force Awakens

3. Phantom Menace

4. Sith 

5. Star Wars

6. Clones

7. Jedi

Never saw Rogue one and I don't really like Star Wars.

We can't be internet friends anymore. 

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

tumblr_m7dbd4Q9Gq1qf8gvro1_500.gif

My list is unimpeachable.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1. Empire

2. Force Awakens

3. Phantom Menace

4. Sith 

5. Star Wars

6. Clones

7. Jedi

Never saw Rogue one and I don't really like Star Wars.

You have always been on the edge but this confirms you are a moron! 

Star Wars the original was a change event.  The world was one way before that movie, and one way after.  It made nerds cool!

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Revenge of the Sith
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. Rogue One
  7. Attack of the Clones

There are no other Star Wars movies as far as I'm concerned since you can legitimately skip Phantom Menace and not miss anything of true importance. You get some background information on Anakin and the Trade Empire, but nothing important that isn't covered in AotC.

I'm still biased against Return of the Jedi because of the stupid freaking Ewoks.

4-6 are nearly interchangeable in my ranking, they're in a second tier below my top three, but worlds above AotC. 

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

You have always been on the edge but this confirms you are a moron! 

Star Wars the original was a change event.  The world was one way before that movie, and one way after.  It made nerds cool!

A New Hope (yes, I know it wasn't called this originally) may have been a "change event", as you call it, but it wasn't a better film than Empire. That being said, I still consider it to be the second best film in the franchise and certainly wouldn't have it ranked as low as @thelawlorfaithful does. 

Jedi

Empire

Force Awakens

New Hope

Rouge One - great concept but they did some bonehead moves and the constant transitions made me feel like an ADD kid without his aderal...

revenge

attack

phantom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

New Hope (because old man Kenobi was among the biggest badasses in film)

Empire

Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Force Awakens

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

I never saw Rogue One so I don't know where that one goes. 

Old Ben was my favorite character as a kid.  Most kids liked Han or Luke the most, not me, Ben was my favorite.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'm so confused:unsure: I think I've only seen 2, maybe 3 of the movies.

If I wanted to start at the beginning, in what order should the series be watched?

What???