Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

National Championship Game Thread

8 hours ago, crixus said:

Thanks for looking it up jd:thumbsup:

Welcome.  That assumes no transfers or anyone declaring for and staying in the NBA draft.

11 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Considering the NCAA rules...of course.

This is about blatant selective enforcement though.

Whispers don't equal investigations.

hell they couldn't even prove Memphis had broken any rules...

we were told ETS (educational testing service) could not confirm nor deny that Derrick Rose was the person who took the SAT (even though the season was over and Rose was OKed by the NCAA clearinghouse)...we were then told 'strict liability' means we must be retroactively punished for something the NCAA could not even prove.

so they'll do that to Memphis...but give UNC a pass? lol, OK...totally fair!

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well, these melts were fun to read.  :rotflmfao:

Give the UNLV fans some credit. This was the last possible CBB game for them to melt in and they did it!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 hours ago, crixus said:

It's not uncommon for the runner up to win the championship the following year. The Tar Heels are a prime example of that. I don't know Gonzaga's roster very well, but if they can keep that unit together (or close to it), then they should have a good chance of getting back to the Final Four. 

It is quite uncommon. It's happened like three times

31 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Even 4UNLV was against UNC, I don't see any reason to give UNLV anything. 

I give all respect to the Zags.  They played their tails off all year.  :cheers:

Thanks, and UNC battled through the shooting and the reffing to win. One of those teams had to!

Man this is one of those times when you wish your best player was just a leeeeeetle bit worse so they'd stay another year. If GU could conceivably keep Collins they'd be a top 3 seed in 2018 (given how the conventional thinking is that Williams Goss will stay another year). He's so good it's hard to see it but, what the hell, he's going to get paid millions for 2 decades, might want to Duncan it and enjoy college

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Give the UNLV fans some credit. This was the last possible CBB game for them to melt in and they did it!

I can't quite figure out why they all melted down though.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's UNC, and AFAM.  In reference to these players though, it is absolutely misguided. 

That's what I didn't get about the whole meltdown, these players had nothing to do with any of that. I didn't get why it was UNLV fans (well, and Stunner) specifically that were melting down though. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's what I didn't get about the whole meltdown, these players had nothing to do with any of that. I didn't get why it was UNLV fans (well, and Stunner) specifically that were melting down though. 

I love it when stungun melts.  When BSU beat BYU, his melt was incredible. :D

As soon as I heard Verne Harris was one of the officials I told my wife there would be questionable calls/no-calls. I had no idea they would be that bad (and I was cheering for NC). 

It would be interesting to go back and list (with gifs) all of the missed and egregious calls. Off the top of my head: Collins 4th foul, Berry's foul on Karnowski, Meeks being out of bounds on the jump ball, Pinson's "block" that he didn't touch. They really ruined a great matchup. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Thanks, and UNC battled through the shooting and the reffing to win. One of those teams had to!

Man this is one of those times when you wish your best player was just a leeeeeetle bit worse so they'd stay another year. If GU could conceivably keep Collins they'd be a top 3 seed in 2018 (given how the conventional thinking is that Williams Goss will stay another year). He's so good it's hard to see it but, what the hell, he's going to get paid millions for 2 decades, might want to Duncan it and enjoy college

Did you ever look into if you and edluver went to school together?

I have seen your pics and met him for beers and you guys might be about the same age. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Did you ever look into if you and edluver went to school together?

I have seen your pics and met him for beers and you guys might be about the same age. 

He went to the law school and I was undergrad. Caste divisions

54 minutes ago, mondego said:

As soon as I heard Verne Harris was one of the officials I told my wife there would be questionable calls/no-calls. I had no idea they would be that bad (and I was cheering for NC). 

It would be interesting to go back and list (with gifs) all of the missed and egregious calls. Off the top of my head: Collins 4th foul, Berry's foul on Karnowski, Meeks being out of bounds on the jump ball, Pinson's "block" that he didn't touch. They really ruined a great matchup. 

Except, unbelievably, that one was a foul that they didn't call. 

17 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Roy "plausible deniability" Williams.

McCants had to expose the fake classes.  No one on the outside dared say an African American Studies degree was fake.  

The school offered the fake classes to the athletes, mostly basketball.  They should lose accreditation and be punished by the NCAA.  

Takes all the fun out of a watching a school when they are documented cheats.  Not sure why you excuse the blatant academic cheating under Roy Williams.

You sound mad, bro. And jelly. Sorry that UNC wins so many more games than your school does and that your school has no hope of getting anywhere near a title.

And for the record, UNC hasn't actually skated. The last I heard the Infractions Committee basically booted the case back to the investigative wing of the NCAA and asked them to bring more serious charges. So who knows how this is going to wash out. At any rate, I love the way that you zoobies were outraged, OUTRAGED that disgruntled former BYU players would go on the local sports radio stations and talk about all the free stuff they got from Busby. Clearly they were all lying, disgruntled ex-players who just couldn't resist the need to attack the Lord's university. But when a disgruntled former UNC player (who filed a lawsuit against the school) makes accusations against his former school, everything he says must be 100% true. It sounds to me like the real issue is that you are simply jealous of UNC's success and it makes you feel better to tell yourself that they are big bad cheaters.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Except, unbelievably, that one was a foul that they didn't call. 

I'm thinking of the one on the 3 that they called out on Pinson when the Zags guy just airballed it. Are you referring to the same play? I admittedly didn't look for contact, just whether Theo got a finger on the ball. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

You sound mad, bro. And jelly. Sorry that UNC wins so many more games than your school does and that your school has no hope of getting anywhere near a title.

And for the record, UNC hasn't actually skated. The last I heard the Infractions Committee basically booted the case back to the investigative wing of the NCAA and asked them to bring more serious charges. So who knows how this is going to wash out. At any rate, I love the way that you zoobies were outraged, OUTRAGED that disgruntled former BYU players would go on the local sports radio stations and talk about all the free stuff they got from Busby. Clearly they were all lying, disgruntled ex-players who just couldn't resist the need to attack the Lord's university. But when a disgruntled former UNC player (who filed a lawsuit against the school) makes accusations against his former school, everything he says must be 100% true. It sounds to me like the real issue is that you are simply jealous of UNC's success and it makes you feel better to tell yourself that they are big bad cheaters.

SWEET!!!

I got my fish I was after to bite!  I just wanted to throw stuff out at UNC to get the UNC posters (mostly, just you) to defend the school.  Afro-American Studies---HA!  

How much do you want me to mess with you?  

https://statistics.byu.edu/directory

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I love it when stungun melts.  When BSU beat BYU, his melt was incredible. :D

My pleasure!  Enjoy the show!!

toothpastes-place-in-history.jpg

32 minutes ago, mondego said:

I'm thinking of the one on the 3 that they called out on Pinson when the Zags guy just airballed it. Are you referring to the same play? I admittedly didn't look for contact, just whether Theo got a finger on the ball. 

Yes, he didn't get any ball but it was a very short airball because Pinson caught his hand on the release.