Hoser

Mass exodus of players at UNM

The number of players leaving now is 5 but there is suspicion that more players will be leaving as soon as today.  

So far Elijah Brown, Mathis, Sam Logwood, Jalen Harris (Fr. point guard), and 6'-9" preferred walk on Shelly.  Some are saying that there will more key player transfers very soon.  

Craig Neal is now steering a sinking ship.  If he is not fired soon it may damage the BB program for years unless they get a new coach in soon IMO.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

47 minutes ago, Hoser said:

The number of players leaving now is 5 but there is suspicion that more players will be leaving as soon as today.  

So far Elijah Brown, Mathis, Sam Logwood, Jordon Hunter (Fr. point guard), and 6'-9" preferred walk on Shelly.  Some are saying that there will more key player transfers very soon.  

Craig Neal is now steering a sinking ship.  If he is not fired soon it may damage the BB program for years unless they get a new coach in soon IMO.

Jalen Harris is the freshman pg that may be transferring. Hunter is a sophomore and hasn't made a decision...yet.

Harris has a bright future and I really hate to see him leave.

47 minutes ago, Hoser said:

So far Elijah Brown, Mathis, Sam Logwood, Jordon Hunter (Fr. point guard), and 6'-9" preferred walk on Shelly.  Some are saying that there will more key player transfers very soon.  

It's not just a UNM problem, it's a conf problem. The MWC counts on UNM to be good. It means we don't gain any ground if a lower school steps up. I can't imagine if NV didn't step up this year and if CSU had crashed to the floor with their player  losses. SAN! Is better and Fresno is showing signs of being an upper half team every year.  But most everyone else is down.

I don't know what to think about SDSU next year. UNLV and UNM are looking to be lower half teams next year. USU is also down. Bad coach hire. Wyoming showed signs of promise early in the season and they are doing OK with the average CBI teams. AF will always be down. Not sure if Boise is going to be a top 3 or 4 team next year or not. 

kat.jpg

Lobos should be going after Tommy Conner, 1st Asst at UTAH. He's ready for the big chair. He's a Majerus disciple. He's a recruiter.

• Like 1

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

I originally posted that Jordan Hunter will be transferring.  The player that said he would be transferring is Jalen Harris (Freshman) not Jordan Hunter.  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

1 hour ago, Hoser said:

So far Elijah Brown, Mathis, Sam Logwood, Jalen Harris (Fr. point guard), and 6'-9" preferred walk on Shelly.  Some are saying that there will more key player transfers very soon.  

Mutiny on the 'Flagship Bounty'.

New skipper needed.

• Like 5

Die hard Neal supporters are now jumping ship and saying it is time for Neal to go.  I don't see how he can be kept on as HC.  

What's the deal with Noodles and why this max exodus? Is he some sort of tyrant or something?

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's not just a UNM problem, it's a conf problem. The MWC counts on UNM to be good. It means we don't gain any ground if a lower school steps up. I can't imagine if NV didn't step up this year and if CSU had crashed to the floor with their player  losses. SAN! Is better and Fresno is showing signs of being an upper half team every year.  But most everyone else is down.

I don't know what to think about SDSU next year. UNLV and UNM are looking to be lower half teams next year. USU is also down. Bad coach hire. Wyoming showed signs of promise early in the season and they are doing OK with the average CBI teams. AF will always be down. Not sure if Boise is going to be a top 3 or 4 team next year or not. 

Ya don't? They've been top 3 for three straight years and are returning, on paper, their best team of all them. They return two All Conference players including one of only two 1st team players. They also had one of the most productive FR classes in the league last year. They were 2 games outta 1st and return more than anyone that finished just ahead of or just below them. But you're not sure? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Aztecs Rising said:

What's the deal with Noodles and why this max exodus? Is he some sort of tyrant or something?

I don't follow the drama happening at New Mexico, but like you it's obvious something has gone or is in the process of going wrong. The only thing I remember is his son leaving according to the media because of potential death threats from a few radial NM fans? The only other thing I saw this year was the assistant NM coach confrontation with  the CSU player and LE after the game at Ft Collins that made ESPN. I'm curious ,is that assistant coach still at NM or has he been removed?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Ya don't? They've been top 3 for three straight years and are returning, on paper, their best team of all them. They return two All Conference players including one of only two 1st team players. They also had one of the most productive FR classes in the league last year. They were 2 games outta 1st and return more than anyone that finished just ahead of or just below them. But you're not sure? 

Yeah we basically return everyone minus two of our slowest most unathletic players. We should be quite a bit better just based on experience and should be really good for the next few years.  For a good portion of the later season we were running with 3-4 freshman and or sophs on the court at the same time.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Yeah we basically return everyone minus two of our slowest most unathletic players. We should be quite a bit better just based on experience and should be really good for the next few years.  For a good portion of the later season we were running with 3-4 freshman and or sophs on the court at the same time.

If nothing else they have the fewest question marks of any of the contenders. They don't need contributions from any of the incoming players to be good this coming year. 

Nevada i think takes a step back next year just because 1) it would be hard having another season like this 2) Losing key players however I think they should be near the top again. Wyoming has talent, SDSU I think toward the end of the year learned some things and they will be challenging next year again. Fresno should be near the top again. San Jose is improving, Utah St don't know if it was an off year or more of symptom. Air Force is Air Force, the wild card I think will be if Colorado St will be as good next year. Boise for the last few years has been near the top as well and just need that extra thing to get over the top. I think the future is very bright for MWC.

However if New Mexico is going to make a change it is going to have to be soon.

5 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Nevada i think takes a step back next year just because 1) it would be hard having another season like this 2) Losing key players however I think they should be near the top again. Wyoming has talent, SDSU I think toward the end of the year learned some things and they will be challenging next year again. Fresno should be near the top again. San Jose is improving, Utah St don't know if it was an off year or more of symptom. Air Force is Air Force, the wild card I think will be if Colorado St will be as good next year. Boise for the last few years has been near the top as well and just need that extra thing to get over the top. I think the future is very bright for MWC.

However if New Mexico is going to make a change it is going to have to be soon.

Boise fans want that next step as well. Let's not forget, though, they have won a conference championship, been ranked in the top - 25, beaten multiple top-25 teams on the road, and received two at-large births in recent years. So that "next step" would be a significant one. Wins in the Dance is really the next step. This years team will largely be intact for each of the next two seasons, so they hopefully can make that impact

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You're proving my point about Air Force.  Why keep a team that will always be down?