4UNLV

Cam Oliver

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I hope he did so because he's gotten some positive feedback. 

Fortunately for us, this early departure won't hurt us like the others have.  And it wasn't unexpected.  

Nope.  Prentiss Nixon scared the shit out of him.  It really was that simple.  B)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I hope he did so because he's gotten some positive feedback. 

Fortunately for us, this early departure won't hurt us like the others have.  And it wasn't unexpected.  

It will hurt.  You're not Duke where you can just replace one pro with another.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It will hurt.  You're not Duke where you can just replace one pro with another.

Not sure he's a NBA guy.  We've got plenty of guys coming in and I think Foster will be back.  Even without Cam, we'll have depth. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Not sure he's a NBA guy.  We've got plenty of guys coming in and I think Foster will be back.  Even without Cam, we'll have depth. 

Unless you're a pressing team like West Virginia, depth is overrated.  Most teams play eight guys at most come conference play.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

lol at the Pack fans that think this isn't a huge loss. It's like losing Larry Nance Jr. 

Pack fans? I see 1 guy. I'm waiting on an actual news source that says he hired an agent. We all know he's entering his name. 

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Unless you're a pressing team like West Virginia, depth is overrated.  Most teams play eight guys at most come conference play.

We played 6.

You need depth regardless of your style. At least 8 deep. There will be foul trouble and injuries. 8 deep is a minimum. 

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We played 6.

You need depth regardless of your style. At least 8 deep. There will be foul trouble and injuries. 8 deep is a minimum. 

That will hurt even more.  If you played mine or ten people, then maybe I could buy his loss not being huge.  Not with six people.

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That will hurt even more.  If you played mine or ten people, then maybe I could buy his loss not being huge.  Not with six people.

A few things one zero indication he hired an agent. Two they had 4 transfers sitting out and Foster was suspended that's why they really only played 6/7. Three most people did expect him gone after this year been talked about all year so the staff has probably expected it as well.

Finally it will be a loss he was great for the Pack, he was the 2nd best player in the conference according to advanced stats Kenpom. Even with the loss they should be very good next year, did anyone besides Pack fans see Caroline and Masrshall having the impact they did this year? Probably not, we should see same impact from Martin twins and Kendall Stephans, 1 of the Martin twins is on draft boards for next year so they are replacing Cam with another Pro. I hope he stays though Nevada would have a chance at being a top 25 team with him next year.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Have you seen what we have coming back and coming in? 

I wish Cam was staying, but it's not as bad as when others have left early.  Especially Snyder, McGee, & Babbit. 

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

What's the rule now. Can he hire an agent and still return if he pulls his name from the draft by a certain date, or am I mixed up?

He can't pull his name back if he has in fact hired an agent. 

3 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

A few things one zero indication he hired an agent. Two they had 4 transfers sitting out and Foster was suspended that's why they really only played 6/7. Three most people did expect him gone after this year been talked about all year so the staff has probably expected it as well.

Finally it will be a loss he was great for the Pack, he was the 2nd best player in the conference according to advanced stats Kenpom. Even with the loss they should be very good next year, did anyone besides Pack fans see Caroline and Masrshall having the impact they did this year? Probably not, we should see same impact from Martin twins and Kendall Stephans, 1 of the Martin twins is on draft boards for next year so they are replacing Cam with another Pro. I hope he stays though Nevada would have a chance at being a top 25 team with him next year.

Those draft boards mean nothing.  NBAdraft.net had Chase Jeter as a top five pick in 2016 before he stepped on campus.  They had Zach Collins as a second round pick after spending two years at Gonzaga.  Now, they have him going in the lottery after one season.  Also, I think that you're only excited about these transfers because they played in a P5 conference.  Maybe they aren't playing in a P5 conference now because they suck.

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Have you seen what we have coming back and coming in? 

I wish Cam was staying, but it's not as bad as when others have left early.  Especially Snyder, McGee, & Babbit. 

And Muss coming back was the most important part

Glad I got to watch this guy these last couple of years, and I wish him the best in the NBA, he was a big part in getting Lawlor rocking again

• Like 2

8k3esKz.png

If true good luck to Cam, I'd love to see him do well in the NBA. 

It's silly to say it won't hurt, but I think most people were expecting him to leave. Regardless we will have a lot more depth this season, but it's still impossible to say how the transfers pan out.

• Like 2

Dudes a beast. Definitely has that Larry Nance look on the court. 6'8 but plays bigger.

It will be interesting how/where he goes in the NBA. 2nd round possibly?

Losing Reno's big 3 will be rough.

Caroline set himself up to be preseason POY though. Martin twins are yet to be seen but show optimism and solid game.

Good thing for Reno is that the conference won't look much better next year so they will favorites are right up there next to SDSU.

• Like 1

All is well, For Rice is gone.