mysfit

Trump's having another twitter meltdown

I'm surprised he didn't melt down Friday afternoon. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Chile_Ute said:

Who says he didn't.

Good point.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Trump is like the kid at every Jr. High School who gets his ass kicked but still runs his mouth afterward...and then gets his ass kicked again. His arrogance is an obvious attempt to mask his deep insecurity. :wacko:

23 minutes ago, crixus said:

Trump is like the kid at every Jr. High School who gets his ass kicked but still runs his mouth afterward...and then gets his ass kicked again. His arrogance is an obvious attempt to mask his deep insecurity. :wacko:

I knew he reminded me of someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crixus said:

More like a really slow kid who smells bad and has no friends but keeps kicking ever other kids ass, over and over.  Billionaire, slept with hundreds of models, married a dime, ran for the GOP nomination on a whim, won it running away, spent half the money Clinton did, became POTUS.  Hard to say a guy like that takes a lot of L's in life.

He is not insecure either.  He is the opposite, a narcissist.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

More like a really slow kid who smells bad and has no friends but keeps kicking ever other kids ass, over and over.  Billionaire, slept with hundreds of models, married a dime, ran for the GOP nomination on a whim, won it running away, spent half the money Clinton did, became POTUS.  Hard to say a guy like that takes a lot of L's in life.

Narcissists tend to be deeply insecure 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Narcissists tend to be deeply insecure 

I think people can hide insecurities behind faux narcissism but by definition narcissists are not insecure.  Trump has a mental disorder called narcissistic personality disorder IMO.  He is not insecure.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think people can hide insecurities behind faux narcissism but by definition narcissists are not insecure.  Trump has a mental disorder called narcissistic personality disorder IMO.  He is not insecure.

From Mayo:

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Regardless, it's scary how closely this passage appears to describe our president.

More importantly, how are you feeling?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, crixus said:

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If trump had been born middle class, he'd have taken Ls and hopefully learned from them. Since his clown show act has always worked for him though, he sees no reason to change it. He's the ultimate coddled snowflake.

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He's both

His constant need for attention and adulation is insecurity. He is always right but he still needs to hear it. He's both.

*Note: I had the misfortune to work for 5 years for someone who has Narcissistic PD and the raging insecurity part. For 3 years I had a buffer between us but those last 2, just all kinds of ugly. This person was never, ever wrong, humiliated her victims with relish, lied all the time but it was always you and never them. Left me with some scars I'm still working through. They can be very charismatic but watch out, toxic doesn't even begin to cover it.

One of the Final Five..........

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

His brain should be donated to science.  The sooner the better....for science!

:)

I added a note after that.

I just wish he weren't in a position to do so much damage.

One of the Final Five..........

7 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

If trump had been born middle class, he'd have taken Ls and hopefully learned from them. Since his clown show act has always worked for him though, he sees no reason to change it. He's the ultimate coddled snowflake.

True.