TheTedfordTrain

Archie Miller to Indiana

I had a feeling it would end up Alford to Indiana and Gregg Marshall to UCLA...

UMass needs to offer every penny they have to John Thompson III and Dayton needs to offer every penny they have to Tom Crean.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

I had a feeling it would end up Alford to Indiana and Gregg Marshall to UCLA...

UMass needs to offer every penny they have to John Thompson III and Dayton needs to offer every penny they have to Tom Crean.

There have been some questions with John Thompson III since he was hired at GT however with Crean, I don't know with how much they owe him, maybe just sit out a year and get the paycheck and come back next season. 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

haha, alford has to be heartbroken he got turned down.

and so are the ucla fans.

UCLA fans are full of themselves they have chased off some good coaches because they want another John Wooden and that isn't going to happen

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

UCLA fans are full of themselves they have chased off some good coaches because they want another John Wooden and that isn't going to happen

Indiana fans may be even worse.  Some of them are bemoaning the fact that they hired a mid major coach.  Some were convinced that Billy Donovan was going to be their next coach. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

There have been some questions with John Thompson III since he was hired at GT however with Crean, I don't know with how much they owe him, maybe just sit out a year and get the paycheck and come back next season. 

John Thompson III has 346 career wins and a Final Four, plus he's born in Boston...I dunno, just sounds like a good match.

I think part of Crean's contract says he has to make a 'good faith' effort to find a head coaching job to offset Indiana's payments...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

John Thompson III has 346 career wins and a Final Four, plus he's born in Boston...I dunno, just sounds like a good match.

I think part of Crean's contract says he has to make a 'good faith' effort to find a head coaching job to offset Indiana's payments...

Supposedly, he reached out to LSU. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Indiana fans may be even worse.  Some of them are bemoaning the fact that they hired a mid major coach.  Some were convinced that Billy Donovan was going to be their next coach. 

I have talked to some Indiana fans and the ones I have talked to have been pretty down to earth. Sometimes they shoot for the stars but they have been kind of down to earth people. In fact when we were talking they said the worst thing Indiana did was fire Bobby Knight. However UCLA basketball fans, you just can't talk to them it is like they demand a John Wooden coach and a national championship every year. If they don't get that they want the coach out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Hopefully they defined a good faith effort otherwise that will probably end up in court.  He did go to the final four in 2007 but since then GT has struggled in the Tournament and struggled in a few seasons as well. I think he has been on the hot seat for a while with FT but I also think he was put into an impossible situation at times as he kept getting compared to his father's time at GT

Hopefully they defined a good faith effort otherwise that will probably end up in court.  He did go to the final four in 2007 but since then GT has struggled in the Tournament and struggled in a few seasons as well. I think he has been on the hot seat for a while with FT but I also think he was put into an impossible situation at times as he kept getting compared to his father's time at GT

http://www.tomcreanbuyout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/TomCreanContract.pdf

page 19, sec G

plus, It's just UMass...they'd be blessed to hire a coach with 346 wins featuring a Final Four and Sweet 16...esp after having a new coach walk out on the introductory presser.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

http://www.tomcreanbuyout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/TomCreanContract.pdf

page 19, sec G

plus, It's just UMass...they'd be blessed to hire a coach with 346 wins featuring a Final Four and Sweet 16...esp after having a new coach walk out on the introductory presser.

That was a good job with the contract to define that but then again you have to judge the effort put into that. However I would love to get the fringe benefits at my job that he got in the contract.

That was a good job with the contract to define that but then again you have to judge the effort put into that. However I would love to get the fringe benefits at my job that he got in the contract.

right! It must be kinda nice being told "YOU'RE FIRED!!! now, here's 4 million dollars for the effort"

go home and the wife asks "how was your day, dear?" and your answer through a big smile is "fantastic! I was fired and now we have 4 million dollars!"

• Like 4

mem skyline sig.jpeg

25 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

right! It must be kinda nice being told "YOU'RE FIRED!!! now, here's 4 million dollars for the effort"

go home and the wife asks "how was your day, dear?" and your answer through a big smile is "fantastic! I was fired and now we have 4 million dollars!"

:rotflmfao: