FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

35 minutes ago, Warbow said:

That means your next one is in 2046, hope you're alive to enjoy it

Hogwash! Not as long as we have a TOP first round draft pick at QB and a salty d-line. We'll be contenders next season again. You'll see first hand how talented this group is in September. Remember the name Carl Granderson, because as long as he's healthy he's going to eat your QB for breakfast.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 minutes ago, 307dude said:

So cute to still see folk here who think the P5 will expand their ranks beyond the current 65 schools in that club. 

Personally I think it's only a matter of time until the Pac-12 moves to 14 teams and the Big 12 has to expand or else they will not survive.

If we're talking about maximizing the potential of this version of the MWC, wouldn't it behoove everyone to align with CUSA... Go forward with "The Alliance"?

The Alliance would have a presence in some great markets:

San Diego, Las Vegas, on the MWC side

Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Nashville, Norfolk, on the CUSA side

When we're talking about start times of games, that footprint could actually make everyone more marketable. That's probably a multiple bid conference right there.  

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

No, but an alliance with the AAC would.

Exactly. Align with the strongest G5, not one of the weakest. People would tune in to watch SDSU/Houston, Boise/USF, CSU/Memphis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

If we're talking about maximizing the potential of this version of the MWC, wouldn't it behoove everyone to align with CUSA... Go forward with "The Alliance"?

When we're talking about start times of games, that footprint could actually make everyone more marketable. That's probably a multiple bid conference right there.  

come on, frog, you can troll better than that, i've seen you do it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badfish said:

Exactly. Align with the strongest G5, not one of the weakest. People would tune in to watch SDSU/Houston, Boise/USF, CSU/Memphis.

in what sport? that would be a fun hoops game as Memphis and Larry Eustachy are old friends...I liked playing his team's at USM...tough as nails.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

2/10  I've seen Stunner do better when he isn't even trying.

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

If I remember when Alliance was first brought up it was involving MWC, C-USA, AAC and Sun Belt I think it was at that time for football and some basketball scheduling but C-USA and AAC said they weren't interested. AAC leadership sees themselves as a Power conference even though they aren't and I do believe that is affecting some of their decision making.

Now I am not saying it wouldn't provide interesting matchups including in basketball but yeah really don't see it happening

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

If I remember when Alliance was first brought up it was involving MWC, C-USA, AAC and Sun Belt I think it was at that time for football and some basketball scheduling but C-USA and AAC said they weren't interested. AAC leadership sees themselves as a Power conference even though they aren't and I do believe that is affecting some of their decision making.

Now I am not saying it wouldn't provide interesting matchups including in basketball but yeah really don't see it happening

personally, I'd be more interested in an AAC vs A10 basketball challenge on ESPN...along with closing the deal with WSU hoops to the AAC

mem skyline sig.jpeg