Old_SD_Dude

Obamacare Lives!

30 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That law was passed without any negotiation and without bipartisan support.  The Dems need to own it.

Interested to see what happens with rates going forward.  I think we're in for some significant increases the next few years.

To say it was passed without any negotiation would be false. 

February 2010: Anthem Blue Cross of California informs many members they’ll be paying a 39 percent increase in premiums. The move, under investigation by the White House and in Congress, galvanizes Democrats on the health care issue. Obama calls a bipartisan health care meeting for leaders of both parties on Feb. 25. He later says “the Republican and Democratic approaches to health care have more in common than most people think.”

http://affordablehealthca.com/timeline-obamacare/

Republicans at the time exhibited the same behavior we saw from the Freedom Caucus yesterday.  An unwillingness to get to yes.  Each demand is replaced with a new demand, then blame the other party for the failure to negotiate.   Republicans just got hung up by the same behavior they exhibited for years.  No surprise as it seemed to work for the party previously that it would be repeated.

48 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That law was passed without any negotiation and without bipartisan support.  The Dems need to own it.

Interested to see what happens with rates going forward.  I think we're in for some significant increases the next few years.

I think it's disingenuous to say it was passed without negotiation. Obama reached out a lot. But it takes two sides participating in order to negotiate. He proposed Romney's plan in an attempt to win support. Ryan didn't even pretend to want Dem votes. I thought it was comical when Trump bemoaned the fact that they didn't get any Dem votes. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Social Darwinism.

To an extent yes.  But the Republicans are correct you can't layer mandate on mandate.  

If you have the subsidies set correctly and the incentives in the right place at some point you have to let people make dumbass decisions.   I'm not a big fan of the nanny state.  The exception would be I can't force kids to be responsible for their parents stupidity.  

33 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think it's disingenuous to say it was passed without negotiation. Obama reached out a lot. But it takes two sides participating in order to negotiate. He proposed Romney's plan in an attempt to win support. Ryan didn't even pretend to want Dem votes. I thought it was comical when Trump bemoaned the fact that they didn't get any Dem votes. 

Obama didn't reach out much at all while in the WH.  When he did it was mere window dressing.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Medical expenses are still the leading cause of bankruptcy. Thanks Obamacare? But don't let that stop you, talking out your ass never has before.

Post the data that shows it is as bad 62% which is where it was in 2009.  

Obamacare has attempted to make progress with the minimum plan to stop the problem of rampant under insurance seen in Rommneycare.

http://amjmed.org/under-aca-medical-bankruptcy-continues/

As for now, yes problems still exist which is why Obamacare 2.0 has work to do in bringing down costs.  I don't see a lot of disagreement on that point.  I do see disagreement from you on whether that cost reduction should Including costs due to prescription drugs which accounts for ~20% of out of pocket costs.  

23 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Obama didn't reach out much at all while in the WH.  When he did it was mere window dressing.

Link?  I just posted a meeting with leaders of both parties.   Perhaps what Trump did with the Freedom Caucus was mere window dressing too.

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Post the data that shows it is as bad 62% which is where it was in 2009.  

Obamacare has attempted to make progress with the minimum plan to stop the problem of rampant under insurance seen in Rommneycare.

http://amjmed.org/under-aca-medical-bankruptcy-continues/

As for now, yes problems still exist which is why Obamacare 2.0 has work to do in bringing down costs.  I don't see a lot of disagreement on that point.  I do see disagreement from you on whether that cost reduction should Including costs due to prescription drugs which accounts for ~20% of out of pocket costs.  

So it's still the number 1 cause of bankruptcy, just like it was during the nirvana pre-ACA days? Got it. Nice goal post moving.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

At what point did I say drugs off patent protection would be controlled in any manner.   You keep making shit up and keep failing.   Try to keep with the point and stop proving how you identical to the far right freedom caucus.  

At least I don't have to lie.  You have said several times you want price controls on drugs.

Not going to even bother with linking them, as everyone knows who has paid attention.

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Link?  I just posted a meeting with leaders of both parties.   Perhaps what Trump did with the Freedom Caucus was mere window dressing too.

Obama never compromised not once.  He played one game of golf and reneged on agreements he made with Boehner several times.

Keep up your lies comrade.

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Trump's Trump.  Not sure he's any good at even window dressing.

But, to the point, nobody worked together during the Obama presidency, including Obama.  O was a "my way or the highway" leader.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

54 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

At least I don't have to lie.  You have said several times you want price controls on drugs.

Not going to even bother with linking them, as everyone knows who has paid attention.

Yes I did where market forces were an issue.  Since you never could explain or define diminishing utility it's clear that distinction eluded you.

56 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Obama never compromised not once.  He played one game of golf and reneged on agreements he made with Boehner several times.

Keep up your lies comrade.

Hahaha.   I posted a documented meeting.  You post innuendo from which you have no factual way of proving.   

Speaking of communists you would do the pigs in animal farm proud 

41 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Trump's Trump.  Not sure he's any good at even window dressing.

But, to the point, nobody worked together during the Obama presidency, including Obama.  O was a "my way or the highway" leader.

Given the details of the bill was done in committee it would be hard to blame Obama.   

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Just to help educate yourself... 

here is an article from the Economist..

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2015/06/pharmaceutical-pricing

here is another discussing the relative inefficiency of Pharma manufacturing because the just pass on the cost 

http://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/articles/2011/115/

49 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Just to help educate yourself... 

here is an article from the Economist..

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2015/06/pharmaceutical-pricing

here is another discussing the relative inefficiency of Pharma manufacturing because the just pass on the cost 

http://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/articles/2011/115/

It is funny that you are so stupid that you post articles that support free capitalism.

Proof again that you are absolutely too stupid to discuss economic issues.

Guest RoscoesDad

Newsflash - the Dems have owned (and have paid politically for) Obamacare for 6+ years.  Anyone trying to say we need to 'own it' now is a complete partisan tool.  And much to the teabbagger contingent chagrin, it's polling at a higher approval rate than ever now.  Ruh Roh.

Stop repeating the lies of the guy who you claim to have not voted for or do not support, or the propaganda news platforms in which you claim not to read.  It sort of hurts your arguments when you try to play the role of middle of the road, independent voter not beholden to any party (lmfao).  

Need to lie a little better comrades.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, jackmormon said:

Make the fines heavy enough where it doesn't make financial sense for young people to blow the individual mandate off.

Have the Feds pay for 100% of Medicaid expansion.

Fund catastrophic reinsurance programs to make state non profit co-ops viable.

And let's expand Medicaid to EVERYONE!!!!

Then medical providers will either have to accept the low reimbursement rate or go out of business!

Great - one more person looking at health care as an entitlement. 

• Like 2