Del Scorcho

apologies to PH8675309

I'm young, but I'm not dumb.  I can learn from past experiences and use that knowledge going forward.

When Chris Bird left for Texas Tech, it taught me that there's no place like home.  Even though it may be a dump, it's their dump.  UNLV > Texas Tech and UCLA > Indiana.

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm young, but I'm not dumb.  I can learn from past experiences and use that knowledge going forward.

When Chris Bird left for Texas Tech, it taught me that there's no place like home.  Even though it may be a dump, it's their dump.  UNLV > Texas Tech and UCLA > Indiana.

What I gotta know is, do you follow the 8675309?  I'm betting you're too young.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

What I gotta know is, do you follow the 8675309?  I'm betting you're too young.

It's some song.  Some guy I used to listen to on the radio uses that number whenever he goes to the grocery store when they ask you to enter your phone number so that you can get discounts.  He says that every locale has somebody with that number.

• Like 2

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Why does everyone attack you?  You are proven right 90% of the time here.  Your track record speaks for itself.

You, @Yellow Evan, and @RebelRobert are the smartest UNLV fans on here.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I'm sensing some sarcasm.

Why?   Cause I listed Yellow Evan?  That guy is incredibly smart if you listen to him and hear him out.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why does everyone attack you?  You are proven right 90% of the time here.  Your track record speaks for itself.

You, @Yellow Evan, and @RebelRobert are the smartest UNLV fans on here.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Stunner talking to himself again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

He's trying to win the troll derby.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I'm lost... Why are people apologizing to PH?

He suggested that Alford would be interested in the Indiana job and likely go if offered.  Many people said that there was no way he would leave Westwood for Bloomington.

9 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

He suggested that Alford would be interested in the Indiana job and likely go if offered.  Many people said that there was no way he would leave Westwood for Bloomington.

Odd… It has been speculated all over Twitter for the past week or so ever sense the head coach was fired.

is pH the only guy who lurks on Twitter?

45 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Welp your a wizard then PH for predicting a coach would coach for his alma mater. Especially when it's a higher paying job. 

I didn't think it was hard to connect the dots, but people have been insisting that he wouldn't leave Westwood for Bloomington because of its perceived dumpiness.

Surprised at the timing. Sabotaging your son's senior season seems like a great way to have a miserable life no matter where you are coaching. I'll stay dubious for that reason alone (I mean, coaching 3 balls in a row seems to be a huge draw to me too)

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

I think he actually said it before Crean was fired.

a lot of us knew crean was getting fired and that alford would go. i must have been blind to not see ph getting crap for suggesting alford would go to indiana, i said it myself as well, that's one i would have backed him on. alford is one year out from having to write a letter of apology to the ucla fans, he'd go in a heartbeat.

so my apologies to ph for that, as well.

• Like 1

It was a pretty common sense "prediction" if it ends up playing out that way. The same way that a lot of people "predicted" that Fresno State would hire Tedford. I think I "predicted" that Tom Herman would be taking his talents to Austin. It was simply stating the obvious in the hopes that it would pan out.