wolfpack1

Report is UNLV will sign a 2 for 1 deal......

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Question for Rebel fans, is this AD driven (fan interest and/or less travel costs) or Menzies driven (recruiting)?  Doesn't matter either way just curious as to the strategy?  I think it makes sense for a few reasons.  

It's a 'you need a winnable road game in OOC driven'

Close for some fans to make trip. Recruiting areas.

This was announced for next year for awhile. The details must just now be getting out.

• Like 1

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

with the Pacific Tigers in basketball. The first game will be in Stockton with the next two games in Vegas

I'm not sure I follow the comment "to schedule more regionally."  This past season's schedule is mostly regional.

vs South Alabama

vs UC Riverside

vs CS Fullerton

vs Northern Arizona

vs TCU

vs Western Kentucky

@ Southern Utah

@ Arizona State

vs #5 Duke*

vs Incarnate Word

vs #22 Oregon*

vs Southern Illinois

vs #3 Kansas

I'm going to annoy some people by saying this, but it speaks to our brand.  San Diego State is the only other team in the conference who could get a 2 for 1 with Pacific.

Regarding the matchup, it makes for a winnable game in non-conference play, and it will likely be played during the time of the rodeo.

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm going to annoy some people by saying this, but it speaks to our brand.  San Diego State is the only other team in the conference who could get a 2 for 1 with Pacific.

Regarding the matchup, it makes for a winnable game in non-conference play, and it will likely be played during the time of the rodeo.

Must you always measure your penis by what you believe UNLV can do that other schools can't (because of UNLV's superiority in all things, of course :rolleyes:)? This is a manifestation of your professed low self esteem. If you can figure out a way to post without constantly belittling other MWC/NCAA institutions, you might actually gain some respect around here and feel your confidence in yourself grow. 

30 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

We play Pacific every year, and have since 2007-2008, and most of those have been 2 for 1 if I'm remembering right.

Dipshit. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It speaks to your arena and great fan support that you can offer a solid $$$ guarantee.  I don't think Pacific would really turn down, say Wyoming's money, if they offered a similar deal.

That said, the Western Schools need to stop regionalizing schedules.  Because it's the smallest region, they need to get out.  Especially the middle and better teams.

Guest #1Stunner

Are UNLV fans really celebrating a 2 for 1 with Pacific?

Pacific is the last place team in the WCC, and is in full rebuilding mode right now.  Most of the WCC isn't happy that they were even added to the conference----they should have stayed in the BIG WEST.  Denver or even Grand Canyon would have been better additions.  Pacific has been a huge disappointment. 

Most of the WCC is trying to schedule UP OOC, because schools like Pacific drag down the RPI, during conference play.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Scheduling a home and away series with UC Riverside also speaks to the brand.  I give UNLV credit for actually going there, though.

37 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Scheduling a home and away series with UC Riverside also speaks to the brand.  I give UNLV credit for actually going there, though.

They only do that because they are away from their arena due to the rodeo.  If they didn't have to worry about that, then they wouldn't play road games against teams like that.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

They only do that because they are away from their arena due to the rodeo.  If they didn't have to worry about that, then they wouldn't play road games against teams like that.

Pacific isn't much better.  They were 11-22 this year and has been a mess since rejoining the WCC

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Are UNLV fans really celebrating a 2 for 1 with Pacific?

Pacific is the last place team in the WCC, and is in full rebuilding mode right now.  Most of the WCC isn't happy that they were even added to the conference----they should have stayed in the BIG WEST.  Denver or even Grand Canyon would have been better additions.  Pacific has been a huge disappointment. 

Most of the WCC is trying to schedule UP OOC, because schools like Pacific drag down the RPI, during conference play.

Ehhh, Pacific has a better basketball history than a lot of the WCC. Definitely better than Denver or Grand Canyon. They've had a couple bad years but Damon Stoudamire will do well there.

• Like 1

Basketball budgets usually are no where near as big as football budgets so many teams do schedule regionally to keep costs down. Usually east teams won't come out west unless they can get multiple games in the west and usually western teams won't go east unless they can get multiple games as well. But also with some regional games you can sometimes gets your fans to go to that location or get their fans to your house which helps with the numbers as well. 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

We play Pacific every year, and have since 2007-2008, and most of those have been 2 for 1 if I'm remembering right.

Dipshit. 

I think Nevada's contract with Pacific goes through 2020 as well unless they get out of it.

I really don't mind it, although we could use the home revenue, it is better for RPI purposes to play a bad team on the road than home.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?