LoboMan59

Sweet 16, Some Great Matchups!

My Michigan pick just went down, and my Gonzaga pick is in a battle with West Virgina... my S16 bracket is already in trouble! Who you guys got moving on to E8 and beyond?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

My Michigan pick just went down, and my Gonzaga pick is in a battle with West Virgina... my S16 bracket is already in trouble! Who you guys got moving on to E8 and beyond?

Accurate picture of my bracket...

Image result for blow up gif

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 of my 4 final four teams are active in my money bracket. Purdue could really +++++ everything up though. 

Purdue/Kansas has been fun so far. Boilermakers are running with KU through the 1st media. 

28 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

The refs are going to blow this West Virginia/Gonzaga game.  They are missing fouls and they don't even know when the ball isn't out of bounds.

Both teams play physical defense, and both teams had serious foul trouble early. I prefer "let them play".... but yeah. Ticky tack fouls on maybe contact, no fouls on smacking a hand. Strangely called. Great game though.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Accurate picture of my bracket...

Image result for blow up gif

Accurate picture of WVU's last possession of their game with Gonzaga. I'm down to just one team of my final four picks. It's up to UCLA now. :unsure:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

The refs are going to blow this West Virginia/Gonzaga game.  They are missing fouls and they don't even know when the ball isn't out of bounds.

They ultimately got the call right, though.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I'm a Mountaineers fan and agree. WVU had four shots in a row during that last possession but came up short. Huggy Bear's defib must be smokin' right now. 

13 minutes ago, crixus said:

I'm a Mountaineers fan and agree. WVU had four shots in a row during that last possession but came up short. Huggy Bear's defib must be smokin' right now. 

WVU was causing Gonzaga fits all game with their "in your face" pressure, especially Williams-Goss.  With 37 seconds left why not try to extend the game instead of settling for a pair of difficult 3's? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

WVU was causing Gonzaga fits all game with their "in your face" pressure, especially Williams-Goss.  With 37 seconds left why not try to extend the game instead of settling for a pair of difficult 3's? 

Carter was the guy for WVU all season and felt he could do it tonight, 3 of those 4 final shots were his. Oh well...back to Morgantown.

XJvxvcCU6WTjwi9XGZRH8IPAeJQuxdxyXYfyvGnPhEtsFAwjSEfeIjqpJsDRHkdUkM-F-Fjwfzf6JJGiT3rf0Zsju-bxuQolmrHl4cjIDveAciyFvtRAg1UEXFB2hqYgWDJqdbeqTiDOLQowIsRe72-hvOMqCtrkNDHEzP4zIFYp4cMX3LHe28srsiNiRdf8yJZVTcufQCGO65F30dIPhqafUQ1Xow54s_tHa3OpNIGkRF0-0iTlRd-UwC_2CEauur3OwaGIXx9sZ4XLI6VpfOPeyow5Oh-cSblgSJjFPoXfFQNo5mRB0P9Jk9Q5v5ygOIR3i5mrW12Z7PVVa17jkDLojA8z0kVOu3pHoedQ_gS1Ukd41MQT3YoquOH-gkcklr62eiVIi_4BcCFZ-yc2cAgQU2XVfTyqUMdpkS7Ix3HUV1KNObMM2Jm7bdMl5ZZNfnXSChPBOcM6i_aCe4ToUN5eMGPaaTQlFExFaxqvyIcsikxcMlPxtOOhZQpg6NfcohvKTLZYKz5ceNXtMlm6X1lp0HZv5a-JbeczfuOyiNDgx-pfEC9rrkYH4fc0NvnxV87qmMo3Wp1ki2GEpbKpSkYsZh9DH0SgF5-jl7PAJodSugvNenLjeA=w840-h630-no

Strange things happen when you play final four basketball in giant venues, but Kansas sure looks unstoppable. Purdue is actually playing pretty well and still down 16.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

After 7 minutes on something everybody else could see in 20 seconds.  It was like coming back from halftime to play the end of that game.  They broke everybody's momentum.

Down goes the Mildcats!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Trier's shot was as close as you can get.  How that did not go in is amazing.

I thought that was going down for sure. 

6 minutes ago, PTR said:

I thought that was going down for sure. 

So did everyone watching and everyone in the arena.

• Like 1