Akkula

Filibuster of Gorsuch

30 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Man this metaphor is perfect on so many levels.

Who is going to throw themselves into the lava? And is that rhino Frodo or Isildur? 

Tyler was boring and sucked. Duh

I'm pretty sure that's how you know the argument started, frankly

By the suspenders my guess would be Frodo. I hope Trump will be Gollum, lava ending and everything.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

By the suspenders my guess would be Frodo. I hope Trump will be Gollum, lava ending and everything.

Yes. I wish they would have made the character more ambiguous. The spectre of 3021 years of Obamacare after the Republican comments of how difficult it would be to remove once in place is to met more apt than the inner struggle of having to destroy the ring. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Yes. I wish they would have made the character more ambiguous. The spectre of 3021 years of Obamacare after the Republican comments of how difficult it would be to remove once in place is to met more apt than the inner struggle of having to destroy the ring. 

The cultural awareness of Isildur is probably too narrow. It would have been a better metaphor but most of the audience wouldn't understand it. It still works, just not as good because there isn't going to be a Gollum. These elected jackasses care more about keeping their jobs than doing the unpopular but necessary statesmen type thing. And so we get Trumpcare or a gutted Obamacare.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The cultural awareness of Isildur is probably too narrow. It would have been a better metaphor but most of the audience wouldn't understand it. It still works, just not as good because there isn't going to be a Gollum. These elected jackasses care more about keeping their jobs than doing the unpopular but necessary statesmen type thing. And so we get Trumpcare or a gutted Obamacare.

Eh, I'm an elitist at heart.  Ask cultural awareness to stretch for a more perfect metaphor and people will stretch themselves intellectually just to be able to get the joke. 

Also that scene in the first movie with Isildur was iconic. It's not as unreachable as it once was.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

We are in a post-fact world with the right wing.  It doesn't matter what actually happened, only what you wanted to happen and what feels good to you that happened.  It is kind of like the wire tap claims and birtherism.  But I am sure "people are saying" that they have uncovered so "interesting things":blink:

This is delicious as you and all the other libs throw accusation after accusation of Russian collusion with no proof. 

After this epic, epic defeat on healthcare (Pelosi and Obama sure are superior at passing their healthcare laws--sorry small hands) now is the time to go give him another defeat with Gorsuch.  This is another win/win for the Democrats no matter what the outcome.  

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Trump to be a one-term president."  We have to stay on the attack.

Posted Image

29 minutes ago, Akkula said:

After this epic, epic defeat on healthcare (Pelosi and Obama sure are superior at passing their healthcare laws--sorry small hands) now is the time to go give him another defeat with Gorsuch.  This is another win/win for the Democrats no matter what the outcome.  

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Trump to be a one-term president."  We have to stay on the attack.

Your little premature ejaculation is so hilarious.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Gorsuch's confirmation would be a win for the Dems?  Explain that one to me.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

18 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Buck up, snowflake.

You are such a moron.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

The republicans are going to pass something, they have no choice.  

If the democrats had a brain in their head they would have voted for this and preserved most of Obamacare.   Instead their intrangience (or stupidity) and the tea party sticking to their guns might force some actual reform.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are such a moron.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

The republicans are going to pass something, they have no choice.  

“Obamacare is the law of the land, it’s going to remain the law of the land until it’s replaced. We did not have quite the votes to replace this law. And so, yeah, we’re going to be living with Obamacare with the foreseeable future.” -Paul Ryan

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

“Obamacare is the law of the land, it’s going to remain the law of the land until it’s replaced. We did not have quite the votes to replace this law. And so, yeah, we’re going to be living with Obamacare with the foreseeable future.” -Paul Ryan

The negotiation continues.

That is a great way to put pressure on those tea party guys.

13 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Gorsuch's confirmation would be a win for the Dems?  Explain that one to me.

Yeah I don't understand the enthusiasm over filibustering Gorsuch. He will be confirmed. It's just a question of whether it's with or without nuclear fallout.

• Like 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

You are right. Pelosi and Obama are better at passing their healthcare laws. There are actually some principled, conservative congressmen in the GOP that stood by what they told their voters they would do. This bill didn't do it so they wouldn't play ball. The dems were better at passing Obamacare because they obviously didn't care that they sold it because of the lies they told the American people. So congrats to you and the dems. You still own it. And as premiums increase and people get pissed it is still your baby. Not exactly a win/win in my book.