renoskier

Chase Jeter

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

i think a down side to muss flirting with cal, is that jeter has to realize that even though muss is there right now, he has shown he is interested in other spots and might not even be there by the time he would get to play. the same goes for the aztecs. and speaking of, if fisher retires i'm guessing he does it right before the season starts so as to preserve his team and commits? of course he might be there for 5 more years for all we know, lol.

I think Chase Jeter will wind up at Gonzaga, St. Mary's, or one of the lower level PAC-12 programs.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Jeter has to sit out a year no matter where he goes.

UNLV should be better by 3rd year, when he will be eligible.

Jeter could go to Reno and by the time he's eligible Musselman and Rice are both gone.

for all we know, rice is interviewing somewhere, there are a lot of spots open right now. i could see a smaller school taking him up on it.

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The rebs are hoping to have a rivalry with anyone.:P:D

Seriously though, it would be nice to see both teams playing well.  I forget the year ('05 ish) when both schools were in the top 25.  I'd love to see that again.  

i think that this time they were talking about recruiting, they're kind of hoping jeter would end up in reno just to see rebel fans furious about first duke, and then reno, lol. but they were hoping that pack fans would be upset that he came to vegas after getting teased that he's going to reno. just a bit of shadenfreude, i think.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

This. 

I don't care if he plays for Reno. Just enjoyed seeing him get no playing time when he ran off to duke. 

Let's see, take a shot at playing for one of the best teams in the nation and possibly get a damn good degree or go to UNLV?  You're really going to blame the kid for that?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Let's see, take a shot at playing for one of the best teams in the nation and possibly get a damn good degree or go to UNLV?  You're really going to blame the kid for that?  

UNLV has a highly ranked law school.  To my knowledge, he wants to be a lawyer.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Jeter has to sit out a year no matter where he goes.

UNLV should be better by 3rd year, when he will be eligible.

Jeter could go to Reno and by the time he's eligible Musselman and Rice are both gone.

Who says Menzies will still be in Vegas? He could very well be fired if he has one more season like the last. 

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

When jeter and zimm were seniors I went to the Gorman/Findlay prep game. Jeter was more aggressive than zimm, but to be honest I was most impressed with then jr zach collins, the kid was a workhorse under the basket. 

Good luck to jeter wherever he ends up, and he could certainly follow his former teammate to Nevada. And yes, I'm sure rice is working him pretty hard but he didn't want to play for rice in the first place. Muss is a different story, and he could very well be playing there in 2 years, possibly for...dave rice. :P

14 hours ago, fbpack said:

How was he a 5 ?

17 hours ago, sebasour said:

A bit OT, but I don't think it's own thread worthy. I noticed former SJSU player (and Shabazz's little brother) Rashad Muhammad is eligible as a grad transfer out of Miami. Apparently he bolted to Miami a couple of years ago, sat out a year for the transfer and then got kicked off the team without playing a game. I recall him being pretty decent for The Spartans as one of the few bright spots in those dumpster fire seasons. He went to Bishop Gorman, would Menzies consider going after him?

When Zimm  & Jeter were juniors, Rashad was a senior, and Zach Collins was a sophomore.... I watched BG play a few games in the state playoffs.  Jeter was clearly a distant third as far as the post players.  When he declared (early in his senior year I believe) to Duke, Jeter's "star" stock started rising rapidly.  Similarly Zimm's continued to slide the more he looked like he might choose UNLV.  But when I saw him play Jeter looked like he would be at the college level about what his father was - a solid reserve on a good team.

The player on that team that I couldn't stand to watch was Rashad Muhammad.  He repeatedly ignored Zimm/Collins/Jeter, who were posting up guys who were 6'2/6'3 and instead jacked up 3-point attempts with a defender in his face.

The guard off of that Gorman squad that UNLV really needed was not Muhammad, it was point guard Noah Robotham, who ended up at Akron.  It was actually Robotham that SJSU was originally recruiting, but ended up with Muhammad, whose only other offer that I remember was Utah St. There were way too many red flags with RM at that time, and even more now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I never said i blame him. With wanting to go to law school Duke is obviously the better choice for education and degree. Also playing for coach K and a top team. 

However...I can still enjoy him not getting playing time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Who says Menzies will still be in Vegas? He could very well be fired if he has one more season like the last. 

This statement is so +++++ing retarded I had to at least reply to it.

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

17 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Jeter was ranked higher than Zimm.

Zimm went to UNLV and got drafted making about a mill/year.

Jeter rode the pine 2 years at Duke.

I have alot of money that says Rice will be working as hard as he can to get Jeter to Reno.

1. It proves his worth up there.

2. Another "F You" to UNLV.

Jeter is an intriguing player. A year out will do well with his confidence. He kinda has a reputation of being soft. Some of that might have to do with not being pampered and being beat out for playing time. Confidence is a helluva thing.

I wouldn't go crazy over the kid simply because he was a McDonalds All American. Seems to me that the jump to D1 has affected his game. Faster, stronger players. He's done little to nothing with the opportunities he's had at Duke.

If Menzies wants him, and lands him? I'll get behind it.

If Jeter goes elsewhere? I won't lose sleep over it. He has a lot of proving to do.

Jeter is just another primadonna basketball player. I don't think Menzies is interested in dealing with that while rebuilding the entire program. 

2 hours ago, cardrater said:

On a side note... Nevada is high on a certain grad transfers list of schools. Would be a major get for Nevada. Could be a major impact player and would offset the loss of   Oliver if he does leave.

Haha at this rate we may never need to sign another HS recruit again.

25 minutes ago, bigd said:

Haha at this rate we may never need to sign another HS recruit again.

We've signed two good/great freshmen in each of Musselman's first two years; Oliver/Drew and Hall/Ramsey. One or two freshmen, one or two transfers sounds like a good plan going forward in today's college basketball environment.

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

We've signed two good/great freshmen in each of Musselman's first two years; Oliver/Drew and Hall/Ramsey. One or two freshmen, one or two transfers sounds like a good plan going forward in today's college basketball environment.

I actually think it's better to be more like Duke-Kentucky and have mostly one or two year players and sprinkle in four year players.  Half of the players in college transfer within two years.