renoskier

Chase Jeter

1 hour ago, fbpack said:

I would assume UNLV has a better chance than Nevada 

He probably wants to play for a winning team.  Vegas won't be any good for awhile.  

The Rice connection is probably the only reason we are even in the conversation.  And who knows, maybe he even reached out to Olek? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

A bit OT, but I don't think it's own thread worthy. I noticed former SJSU player (and Shabazz's little brother) Rashad Muhammad is eligible as a grad transfer out of Miami. Apparently he bolted to Miami a couple of years ago, sat out a year for the transfer and then got kicked off the team without playing a game. I recall him being pretty decent for The Spartans as one of the few bright spots in those dumpster fire seasons. He went to Bishop Gorman, would Menzies consider going after him?

Just now, sebasour said:

A bit OT, but I don't think it's own thread worthy. I noticed former SJSU player (and Shabazz's little brother) Rashad Muhammad is eligible as a grad transfer out of Miami. Apparently he bolted to Miami a couple of years ago, sat out a year for the transfer and then got kicked off the team without playing a game. I recall him being pretty decent for The Spartans as one of the few bright spots in those dumpster fire seasons. He went to Bishop Gorman, would Menzies consider going after him?

It's possible. He needs more help at guard. TBH, he needs more help everywhere.

Rashad ain't that great though. I wouldn't consider him much of a big improvement over what we've got, and add in you now have Ron Holmes (helicopter father) to deal with and he's probably not worth the headache.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He probably wants to play for a winning team.  Vegas won't be any good for awhile.  

The Rice connection is probably the only reason we are even in the conversation.  And who knows, maybe he even reached out to Olek? 

Chase Jeter would become eligible in year 3 of Menzies. Most of these freshmen would be Juniors as well. We'd have an experienced roster who would compete at the top of the MWC.

The Rice connection is the only reason.

• Like 1

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Jeter was ranked higher than Zimm.

Zimm went to UNLV and got drafted making about a mill/year.

Jeter rode the pine 2 years at Duke.

I have alot of money that says Rice will be working as hard as he can to get Jeter to Reno.

1. It proves his worth up there.

2. Another "F You" to UNLV.

Jeter is an intriguing player. A year out will do well with his confidence. He kinda has a reputation of being soft. Some of that might have to do with not being pampered and being beat out for playing time. Confidence is a helluva thing.

I wouldn't go crazy over the kid simply because he was a McDonalds All American. Seems to me that the jump to D1 has affected his game. Faster, stronger players. He's done little to nothing with the opportunities he's had at Duke.

If Menzies wants him, and lands him? I'll get behind it.

If Jeter goes elsewhere? I won't lose sleep over it. He has a lot of proving to do.

• Like 3

When jeter and zimm were seniors I went to the Gorman/Findlay prep game. Jeter was more aggressive than zimm, but to be honest I was most impressed with then jr zach collins, the kid was a workhorse under the basket. 

Good luck to jeter wherever he ends up, and he could certainly follow his former teammate to Nevada. And yes, I'm sure rice is working him pretty hard but he didn't want to play for rice in the first place. Muss is a different story, and he could very well be playing there in 2 years, possibly for...dave rice. :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fbpack said:

I would assume UNLV has a better chance than Nevada 

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Dammit! Back to "trolling 101" for you.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

57 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

When jeter and zimm were seniors I went to the Gorman/Findlay prep game. Jeter was more aggressive than zimm, but to be honest I was most impressed with then jr zach collins, the kid was a workhorse under the basket. 

Good luck to jeter wherever he ends up, and he could certainly follow his former teammate to Nevada. And yes, I'm sure rice is working him pretty hard but he didn't want to play for rice in the first place. Muss is a different story, and he could very well be playing there in 2 years, possibly for...dave rice. :P

@fbpack, see this is how it's done.

Damn, 4FUNLV is really upping her game!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Jeter was ranked higher than Zimm.

Zimm went to UNLV and got drafted making about a mill/year.

Jeter rode the pine 2 years at Duke.

I have alot of money that says Rice will be working as hard as he can to get Jeter to Reno.

1. It proves his worth up there.

2. Another "F You" to UNLV.

Jeter is an intriguing player. A year out will do well with his confidence. He kinda has a reputation of being soft. Some of that might have to do with not being pampered and being beat out for playing time. Confidence is a helluva thing.

I wouldn't go crazy over the kid simply because he was a McDonalds All American. Seems to me that the jump to D1 has affected his game. Faster, stronger players. He's done little to nothing with the opportunities he's had at Duke.

If Menzies wants him, and lands him? I'll get behind it.

If Jeter goes elsewhere? I won't lose sleep over it. He has a lot of proving to do.

Agree with this. Jeter isn't super exciting, but maybe a change of scenery will help him find his game again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fbpack said:

How was he a 5 ?

6'10, one of the best HS's in the country, Beating up on smaller weaker players.

Not all 5-stars are actual 5-stars.

Usually you have like 1-5 sure things... and then a couple of surprise 3-4 star guys. The rest are 4 year caliber ballers.

i was just listening to a couple of guys on the radio talking about jeter while i was on my way home. they were saying that nevada is a better team right now so he could very well go there. but they also had a good point in that there were two reasons to go to unlv. the first, and obvious, is plenty of playing time after sitting out his year, and two years at dook. the second is that menzies has developed a reputation for developing bigs, and even if brandon mccoy ended up here for 1 year jeter would come in after that anyway.

they're hoping for a rivalry between the rebs and the pack.

Jeter could accelerate UNLV's resurrection by a year or two. Even with Jeter, UNLV is probably a .500ish  team next year though. 

But with Muss coming back and Nevada loaded for bear, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in Reno.

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

i was just listening to a couple of guys on the radio talking about jeter while i was on my way home. they were saying that nevada is a better team right now so he could very well go there. but they also had a good point in that there were two reasons to go to unlv. the first, and obvious, is plenty of playing time after sitting out his year. the second is that menzies has developed a reputation for developing bigs, and even if brandon mccoy ended up here for 1 year jeter would come in after that anyway.

they're hoping for a rivalry between the rebs and the pack.

The rebs are hoping to have a rivalry with anyone.:P:D

Seriously though, it would be nice to see both teams playing well.  I forget the year ('05 ish) when both schools were in the top 25.  I'd love to see that again.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, PTR said:

Jeter could accelerate UNLV's resurrection by a year or two. Even with Jeter, UNLV is probably a .500ish  team next year though. 

But with Muss coming back and Nevada loaded for bear, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in Reno.

Jeter has to sit out a year no matter where he goes.

UNLV should be better by 3rd year, when he will be eligible.

Jeter could go to Reno and by the time he's eligible Musselman and Rice are both gone.

2 minutes ago, PTR said:

i think a down side to muss flirting with cal, is that jeter has to realize that even though muss is there right now, he has shown he is interested in other spots and might not even be there by the time he would get to play. the same goes for the aztecs. and speaking of, if fisher retires i'm guessing he does it right before the season starts so as to preserve his team and commits? of course he might be there for 5 more years for all we know, lol.

Good points about Muss leaving during Jeter's transfer year. It would be a risk.