fbpack

Musselmans new contract could surpass 1million per year

His contract will likely end up between $1.1 & $1.2 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-college-basketball/

The figure above was probably exactly correct when published since it was announced entering the 2014-15 season that Fish would make a base salary of $926K+ that year with a 5% increase each of the next three years. That would mean Fish earned just about exactly $1M this past season. However, I've heard he makes considerably more than that (something like 300 grand) with shoe endorsements, public speaking fees and other such ancillaries.

If this conference actually wants to be viable in at least basketball, its members need to pay successful HCs at least that much.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Just make sure there is a big buyout included... 'cuz... it's coming

I would assume a large buyout is attached.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Just make sure there is a big buyout included... 'cuz... it's coming

Probably coming. But what if Musselman can't continue to bring in stud transfers? Or what if he starts whiffing on the transfers as Fish has done recently?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Got to be careful. Arab Monopoly Guy in Sacramento might try to hire him because he coached the Warriors once. 

He also coached the Kings once as well.....

• Like 1

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I remember. He replaced Adelman. 

Funny thing.  It's almost like Muss was destined to coach at Nevada. 

In 2004, we lost Trent Johnson to Stanford because their coach left to the Warriors after they find some guy named Eric Musselman.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I would assume a large buyout is attached.

Problem for Reno is the lack of leverage. If you were his agent, why would you agree to that? I'm sure there will be one, but Muss holds the cards on the size of it

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Probably coming. But what if Musselman can't continue to bring in stud transfers? Or what if he starts whiffing on the transfers as Fish has done recently?

Then the conference continues it's downward spiral

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Then the conference continues it's downward spiral

Yep. Unlike power conferences which are only as strong as their weakest link(s), the MWC is only as weak as its strongest one(s).

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yep. Unlike power conferences which are only as strong as their weakest link(s), the MWC is only as weak as its strongest one(s).

When the Boise's and Reno's are at the top of the conference, the conference will be considered down. UNLV, SDSU, and UNM are effing us all in the A right now... and not in the "prepare thy anus" kind of way

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Funny thing.  It's almost like Muss was destined to coach at Nevada. 

In 2004, we lost Trent Johnson to Stanford because their coach left to the Warriors after they find some guy named Eric Musselman.

Interesting, also Theus is the coach who replaced Musselman in Sacramento.

I'm still concerned that your AD will only be able to pay your head football coach about the same as the outside WR coach at SJSU.

Will Muss bring in enough extra revenue to Nevada athletics to help increase the overall salary pool? Or is Nevada just gonna say "F--- it" and only care about 1 sport going forward?

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

When the Boise's and Reno's are at the top of the conference, the conference will be considered down. UNLV, SDSU, and UNM are effing us all in the A right now... and not in the "prepare thy anus" kind of way

SDSU is on top. It's top rated football program will do more for this conference than basketball. 

They've agreed in principle to an extension.  Interested what the terms are. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I really don't pay any attention to UNM. How many NCAA tournament games have the Lobos played in and won since advent of the MWC?

As to SDSU and UNLV, there's effing you guys and then there's EFFING you guys. The Aztecs are 47-24 the last two years, the Rebels are 29-36.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

SDSU is on top. It's top rated football program will do more for this conference than basketball. 

Props for paying attention. Recruiting continues to go well and I'm optimistic we haven't reached our peak. As I said last week, we, you and half of the rest of this conference are legitimately doing what we can to improve ourselves in football. However, not everybody is and through no fault of their own, a couple others have a very low ceiling.

I'm not sure how many can ever remain together long-term but if the B12 implosion doesn't get any of us into that conference, I hope the front rangers leave for the AAC and the rest of us go our own way. Without Craig Thompson.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.