mugtang

MUSS IS STAYING!

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

Not too hard to believe. Indiana is his dream job.

Is it, or do we just assume so? 

It's also hard to believe the story was broke by bleacher rpt or that anyone would pay a 7.8 million dollar buyout plus pay the kind of salary being mentioned on a guy whose record is no better than the guy you just fired.

I'll believe it when I see it.  And will be surprised, but not shocked, if it comes to fruition. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Is it, or do we just assume so? 

It's also hard to believe the story was broke by bleacher rpt or that anyone would pay a 7.8 million dollar buyout plus pay the kind of salary being mentioned on a guy whose record is no better than the guy you just fired.

I'll believe it when I see it.  And will be surprised, but not shocked, if it comes to fruition. 

UNM fans can verify, but I thought I remembered hearing he specifically had a "dream job clause" out of his contract if Indiana called.

Rumor has it, the big booster and fans want a return to the Bob Knight years... Alford brings that.

Depending on how UCLA does in the tourney, a buy-out could be negotiated down. Anything less than a Final 4 is a failure to them.

ETA: And it's not like he is beloved at UCLA. They've already had planes flying banners calling for his job.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I will be a good CPA.

Look at the bigger picture more and I think you'll be ok. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

What do you mean?

You assumed a 40-45% tax rate for Muss. Which tells me you have little to no experience actually preparing returns.  Also, you assumed certain things were larger expenses than they actually end up being.  It comes with experience. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

You assumed a 40-45% tax rate for Muss. Which tells me you have little to no experience actually preparing returns.  Also, you assumed certain things were larger expenses than they actually end up being.  It comes with experience. 

I don't have any experience doing tax returns.  I'm trying to get in the door though.  I've been contacting people.

Just now, ph90702 said:

I don't have any experience doing tax returns.  I'm trying to get in the door though.  I've been contacting people.

PM me. 

Just now, kalua pig said:

nobody is knocking on the door for muss.nevada drama queens can relax.nobody wants him.

You're just mad that your chicken killing didn't work.

• Like 1

Just now, nvspuds said:

Mr. Pig...I thought you were leaving us until football season..I am glad to see you here..You bring a special level of spite and bile to the proceedings.  Dre has lost his touch and Mr. Bow is slumping.

why did you think i was leaving you?

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

I thought you said you were checking out until football season..But I am getting more than a little dotty in my reclining years..

no,i like you duct taped to my toilet naked.i enjoy your company.

Speaking of Muss staying those guys over at Mountain West Connection did a podcast about it.  Man, I hate to be to harsh but I'm going to be.  It was simply a terrible show.  I listen to a lot of podcasts, and don't really mind when hosts get sidetracked, so that's not my beef.  My main issue with it was how many errors were made, and not just about Nevada.  It's so obvious these gentlemen don't really follow the MW that closely.  This board is a 1000% better to learn real information about all MW schools.  I'm not sure why they even bother, but if you're in the mood for a good chuckle give it a listen.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mountainwestconnection/podcast

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I thought you said you were checking out until football season..But I am getting more than a little dotty in my reclining years..

That's @Warbow